- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns 8 was published in May 1991.
The contents of Patterns 8 are:
- A Class of schools - a comparative study of West Totton, Blshopstoke and Fleet Velmead
Infants Schools, Hampshire. By Michael Dickson, Richard Harris, Nils den Hartog, Ben Kaser, Mick Green, and Tony Mc aughlin.
- The State Mosque of Sarawak at Kuching, Borneo. By Ian Liddell and Mike Shaw.
- Pinned or rigid frame design? By John Morrison and Hugh Wildy.
- A British School In Armenia, USSR. By Ian Liddell and Tony Mclaughlin
- Hooke Park College, Dorset - house and training centre in green roundwood. By Richard Harris and Steve Macey.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Ground Source Energy. 2008.
- Patterns: Specialist Consulting, 2007.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
The world heritage list has evolved to embrace built, cultural and natural heritage.
The Ocean Cleanup project
The various types of bond and when they are used.
It's vital the industry responds to proposals for reform of the safety regulatory system.
RSHP's Merano wins RIBA accolade.
How to differentiate between partial possession and early use.
Ofwat proposes £12 billion additional investment and £50 bill reductions.
Avoiding 'winner's curse' and other useful info.
Developing test methods for video flame/smoke detectors
Waiting for a new deal ...but will funding materialise?