- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns 7 was published in Descember 1990.
The contents of Patterns 7 are:
- A case study in appraisal and reuse. By Ted Happold and John Froud.
- New headquarters for Imagination, Staffordshire House, London. By Mike Cook, Ian Liddell and Tony Mclaughlin.
- Repair and refurbishment at the Assembly Rooms, Bath. By Tony McLaughlin and Terry Ealey.
- Marples Wharf - a transformation of the Bayer Building, Bath. By Richard Harris.
- Phased refurbishment of York House, London. By Howard Bays.
- Kingsmead revitalised - redeveloped neighbourhood housing in Bath. By Geoff Werran and Tony Williamson.
- From car repair to designer wear in Brompton Road, London. By Peter Brooke, Michael Dickson and Mick Green.
- Control of ground water rise at the Souk Al Kuwait and Souk Al Kabir buildings, Kuwait. By Terry Ealey and Peter Beresford.
- A full repairing lease. By Bill Biggs.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Ground Source Energy. 2008.
- Patterns: Specialist Consulting, 2007.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
Rich opportunities lie in the jigsaw of the Highlands and Islands.
Five hugely demanding projects.
Conversion of Blairtum House, Lanarkshire
Why civil engineering is the 'best' career.
Green rating systems
Information is the lifeblood of quality management.
How PowerLottery helps industry colleagues.
Eliminating waste through blockchain.
Emerging cost contracts.
Connecting infrastructure with housing.
All about E-procurement.