- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 19 Dec 2020
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory
Patterns 2 was published in April 1988. Click on the image below to open.
- The Changing Role of the Consultant Engineer in the UK. By Ted Happold.
- An Extension to Worcester College, Oxford. By Rod Macdonald.
- Fire Engineering. By Mick Green.
- Refurbishment at the Royal College of Art, London. By Peter Brooke, Richard Harris & Din Patel.
- Butter Process Plant for Anchor Foods, Swindon. By John Morrison & Peter Buckthorp
- Wellsite Engineering. By Vincent Grant.
- Community Buildings under Westway, London. By Peter Cunningham.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.
Why government can't support public transport forever.
Government introduces the Information Management Mandate.