- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 19 Dec 2020
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced here with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory
Patterns 2 was published in April 1988. Click on the image below to open.
- The Changing Role of the Consultant Engineer in the UK. By Ted Happold.
- An Extension to Worcester College, Oxford. By Rod Macdonald.
- Fire Engineering. By Mick Green.
- Refurbishment at the Royal College of Art, London. By Peter Brooke, Richard Harris & Din Patel.
- Butter Process Plant for Anchor Foods, Swindon. By John Morrison & Peter Buckthorp
- Wellsite Engineering. By Vincent Grant.
- Community Buildings under Westway, London. By Peter Cunningham.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.
Tech will drive professional development in fields tied to infrastructure.
The idea for the structure emerged from the architect's dream.
Changing air tightness requirements prompt testing and revisions.
Government takes steps to revise building safety legislation.
Product can be 'grown' into bricks or used as a self-healing building material.
Anticipating COVID-19's continuing construction disruptions.
Availability payment arrangements involve project performance.
EU responds to COVID-19 with NextGenerationEU plan.
Property developer and founder of London Brick Company.
New course offered by CIOB.