- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Feb 2018
Breeam issue support documents
This particular index is based around the structure of the New Construction and RFO schemes. Issue support documents are written for named BREEAM Issues or sub-issues. They are not scheme specific so they aim to be applicable to that issue in any scheme but individual scheme nuances may be expressed within each article.
- BREEAM Stakeholder consultation
- BREEAM Sustainability champion
- BREEAM Life cycle cost and service life planning
- BREEAM Environmental management
- BREEAM Considerate construction
- BREEAM Monitoring of construction site impacts
- BREEAM Commissioning
- BREEAM Handover
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design
- BREEAM Aftercare support
- BREEAM Seasonal commissioning
- BREEAM Post occupancy evaluation
 Health and Wellbeing
- BREEAM Visual comfort Daylighting
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out
- BREEAM Visual comfort Glare control
- BREEAM Internal and external lighting
- BREEAM Indoor air quality plan
- BREEAM Indoor air quality Ventilation
- BREEAM Indoor pollutants VOCs
- BREEAM Potential for natural ventilation
- BREEAM Safe containment in laboratories
- BREEAM Thermal comfort
- BREEAM Acoustic performance
- BREEAM Safety and security
- BREEAM Reduction of energy use and carbon emissions
- BREEAM Energy monitoring
- BREEAM External lighting
- BREEAM Low carbon design
- BREEAM Passive design
- BREEAM Free cooling
- BREEAM LZC technologies
- BREEAM Energy efficient cold storage
- BREEAM Energy efficient transportation Systems
- BREEAM Energy efficient laboratory systems
- BREEAM Energy efficient equipment
- BREEAM Drying space
- BREEAM Public transport accessibility
- BREEAM Proximity to amenities
- BREEAM Cyclist facilities
- BREEAM Alternative modes of transport
- BREEAM Maximum car parking capacity
- BREEAM Travel plan
- BREEAM Home office
- BREEAM Water consumption
- BREEAM Water monitoring
- BREEAM Water leak detection
- BREEAM Water efficient equipment
- BREEAM Life cycle impacts
- BREEAM Hard landscaping and boundary protection
- BREEAM Responsible sourcing of materials
- BREEAM Insulation
- BREEAM Designing for durability and resilience
- BREEAM Material efficiency
- BREEAM Project waste management
- BREEAM Recycled aggregates
- BREEAM Operational waste
- BREEAM Speculative floor & ceiling finishes
- BREEAM Adaptation to climate change
- BREEAM Functional adaptability
 Land Use and Ecology
- BREEAM Site Selection
- BREEAM Ecological value of site
- BREEAM Protection of ecological features
- BREEAM Minimising impact on existing site ecology
- BREEAM Enhancing site ecology
- BREEAM Long term impact on biodiversity
Featured articles and news
Whole-life costs consider all costs associated with the life of a building, from inception to disposal. Find out more here.
Reports emerge of injuries caused by Apple employees colliding with the campus' glazed walls.
The winners of NIC's ideas competition on transforming the Cambridge to Oxford arc discuss their concept.
Create new habitats and improve air quality and wellbeing.
New report provides 12 key actions which could close the structural talent gap in the construction industry.
These can be used to find out whether a proposed development is likely to be approved. Read more here.
Studying a built environment degree? Check out our helpful student resources section.
New BRE research paper explores how blockchain technology can benefit the built environment industry.
Timber is a natural carbon sink, but it must not end up in landfill at the end of its useful life.
BSRIA has collaborated with the Department of Health on research into air permeability in isolation rooms.