- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 05 Jan 2021
BREEAM Energy efficient cold storage
 When to consider
This credit does not apply to:
- Domestic scale white goods
- Catering scale white goods
- Refrigerated display cabinets in cafes
- Usually walk in fridge and freezers in schools/cafes
 Questions to ask while seeking compliance
- Is the refrigeration powered by the building's chillers? Or are they stand alone refrigeration units?
 Tips and best practice
 Typical evidence
- Formal written confirmation from the refrigeration system designer (who may in turn get the information from a manufacturer) that it has been designed in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Carbon Reduction in the refrigeration retail sector and BS EN 378-2.
- Formal written confirmation from the refrigeration system designer (who may in turn get the information from a manufacturer) that robust and tested refrigeration systems/components have been used.
- A copy of the ERs, or written commitment from the contractor, or M&E sub contractor that the refrigeration system will be installed and commissioning in accordance with Code of Conduct for Carbon Reduction in the refrigeration retail sector and BS EN 378-2.
 Applicable Schemes
The guidelines collated in this ISD aim to support sustainable best practice in the topic described. This issue may apply in multiple BREEAM schemes covering different stages in the life of a building, different building types and different year versions. Some content may be generic but scheme nuances should also be taken into account. Refer to the comments below and related articles to this one to understand these nuances. See this document for further guidelines.
- UK New Construction 2014
--Tom Blois-Brooke 16:37, 01 Jul 2019 (BST)
Featured articles and news
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).
No longer enforcing certain waste transfer documentation.
Winners reactions during the event at the Park Plaza Hotel.
An exciting opportunity for stakeholders to collaborate.
Report from the BSRIA Briefing 2023, Cleaner Air, Better Tomorrow.
Within a somewhat subdued construction market.
A lifeline to the communities along its length.
Led by Electrical Safety First and supported by ECA.