- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Apr 2020
The Chinese construction industry
In the two past decades, the Chinese construction industry has been growing rapidly. The dramatic expansion of manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumption have transformed China's society and economy. Far outpacing other economies in the world, China is the world's fastest growing market for goods and services.
The Chinese economy maintains high growth, stimulated by increases in industrial output, imports and exports, consumer consumption and capital investment. Rapid consolidation between medium and large players is anticipated in the future, encouraged by the Chinese government to regulate the industry and to improve competitiveness in the world market.
Although China has enjoyed the benefits of an expanding market for production and distribution, the industry is suffering from minimal innovation and investment in research and development or new product development. Economies of scale have yet to be achieved. Most domestic manufacturers lack the intellectual property and financial resources to develop their own brand name products.
- 10 great buildings.
- Bank of China Tower.
- Beijing Greenland Center.
- Beijing National Stadium.
- Britain-China trade and investment.
- China Philharmonic Hall.
- China - clean, green buildings of the future.
- China-UK research deal for sustainable cities.
- China has just built the world’s longest elevated cycle path.
- China Has Officially Started Construction on the World’s First “Forest City”.
- China's New Silk Road - what you need to know.
- China's residential air conditioning prices set to increase.
- Chinese renaissance architecture in China and Hong Kong.
- Chinese wall.
- Chinese Wallpaper in Britain and Ireland.
- Fake Hills, China.
- Forbidden City.
- Gate to the East.
- Guangzhou Circle.
- Hangzhou Gateway, China.
- Lucky Knot Bridge.
- National Centre for the Performing Arts, Beijing.
- New Chinese approach to masterplan designs.
- Phoenix International Media Center, Beijing.
- Rose museum.
- Shanghai Tower.
- The Hong Kong shophouse.
- Wuhan Hospital, China.
- Xili Sports and Cultural Centre.
- Xinhee Design Center.
Featured articles and news
Discover the Winchester Mystery House.
Priorities for rail in the Midlands and the North.
Examining renovate-operate-transfer arrangements.
Proactive measures to secure property during extreme times.
Safety guidance from BSI released; comments requested.
Scour can make river currents structurally damaging.
Indoor environmental quality looks at air quality and other wellbeing factors.
A procurement method associated with Public Private Partnerships.
Infrastructure can use digital technology to encourage human growth.
Robotics and the construction industry.
ECA comments on CLC's three-phase recovery plan.
Their diplomatic and architectural history.
The origins of the six volume series.
Built to defend British waters, only to serve as pirate radio stations later.
Wellbeing to influence mix of home and office based working.
An introduction to cobotics.