- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 10 Jun 2021
The Chinese construction industry
In the two past decades, the Chinese construction industry has been growing rapidly. The dramatic expansion of manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumption have transformed China's society and economy. Far outpacing other economies in the world, China is the world's fastest growing market for goods and services.
The Chinese economy maintains high growth, stimulated by increases in industrial output, imports and exports, consumer consumption and capital investment. Rapid consolidation between medium and large players is anticipated in the future, encouraged by the Chinese government to regulate the industry and to improve competitiveness in the world market.
Although China has enjoyed the benefits of an expanding market for production and distribution, the industry is suffering from minimal innovation and investment in research and development or new product development. Economies of scale have yet to be achieved. Most domestic manufacturers lack the intellectual property and financial resources to develop their own brand name products.
- 5G, AI and construction in China.
- 10 great buildings.
- Bank of China Tower.
- Beijing Greenland Center.
- Beijing National Stadium.
- BRE China celebrates two major milestones.
- Britain-China trade and investment.
- Build operate transfer BOT.
- China Philharmonic Hall.
- China - clean, green buildings of the future.
- China-UK research deal for sustainable cities.
- China has just built the world’s longest elevated cycle path.
- China Has Officially Started Construction on the World’s First “Forest City”.
- China's New Silk Road - what you need to know.
- China's residential air conditioning prices set to increase.
- Chinese renaissance architecture in China and Hong Kong.
- Chinese wall.
- Chinese Wallpaper in Britain and Ireland.
- Fake Hills, China.
- Forbidden City.
- Gate to the East.
- Guangzhou Circle.
- Hangzhou Gateway, China.
- Lucky Knot Bridge.
- National Centre for the Performing Arts, Beijing.
- New Chinese approach to masterplan designs.
- Phoenix International Media Center, Beijing.
- Rose museum.
- Shanghai Tower.
- The Hong Kong shophouse.
- WFEO Climate Stories: Professor Jianping Wu.
- Wuhan Hospital, China.
- Xili Sports and Cultural Centre.
- Xinhee Design Center.
Featured articles and news
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.