- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 06 Mar 2019
Types of lifting devices (including links to articles on Designing Buildings Wiki) inlcude:
- Cherry picker.
- Forklift truck.
- Lift table.
- Lifting platform.
- Lifting sling.
- Pallet truck.
- Post lift.
- Scissor lift.
- Suction lifter.
- Wheelchair platform.
- Working platform.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access consultant.
- Approved document M.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Considerations When Installing a Residential Lift.
- Fire and rescue service.
- Firefighting lift.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Lifts and Escalators: A Quality Perspective.
- Lifts and Their Special Operating Modes.
- Lifts for office buildings.
- Manual handling.
- Mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs).
- Non-discriminatory building design.
- Smart elevators.
- Types of scaffolding.
- Work at height.
- Working platforms for tracked plant: good practice guide to the design, installation, maintenance and repair of ground-supported working platforms.
Featured articles and news
Free BRE Trust publication summarises the issues faced, current regulations, standards and guidance.
New BSRIA guide provides a structured approach for identifying and achieving success criteria.
People, traffic and historic townscapes.
A remote plateau in Bulgaria has been the focus of international preservation efforts.
Dynamo packages data ready for Revit.
How does EVA rate a project's progress?
How can it benefit the built environment?
The benefits of early contractor involvement.
Why it is so important for health and wellbeing.
A highly effective method of managing supply chains.
How it can benefit construction.