- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 31 Jul 2018
Types of lifting devices (including links to articles on Designing Buildings Wiki) inlcude:
- Cherry picker.
- Forklift truck.
- Lift table.
- Lifting platform.
- Lifting sling.
- Pallet truck.
- Post lift.
- Scissor lift.
- Suction lifter.
- Wheelchair platform.
- Working platform.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access consultant.
- Approved document M.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Considerations When Installing a Residential Lift.
- Fire and rescue service.
- Firefighting lift.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Lifts and Escalators: A Quality Perspective.
- Lifts and Their Special Operating Modes.
- Lifts for office buildings.
- Manual handling.
- Mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs).
- Non-discriminatory building design.
- Smart elevators.
- Types of scaffolding.
- Working platforms for tracked plant: good practice guide to the design, installation, maintenance and repair of ground-supported working platforms.
Featured articles and news
Conservation in the heritage cities of Venice and Liverpool.
Which room is the most fun to design? Find out the 'Grand Designs' presenter's unusual choice in our interview.
Full suite of speakers are announced for this year's BSRIA Briefing event.
Book your place for the Architectural Technology Awards 2018.
There are many ways of classifying types of building. Have a look at our range of building articles.
BSRIA have launched the 'major update' of the go-to design framework guide for building services.
How to get results with building life cycle assessment.
Government publishes a prospectus inviting proposals for new 'garden communities'.
The Morandi motorway bridge in Genoa collapses during rainstorm while undergoing maintenance works.
'Developed design' is a phrase coined by the RIBA for their 2013 Plan of Work. But what does it actually mean?
New green paper published aiming to rebalance the relationship between landlords and residents and tackle stigma.