- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 10 Feb 2019
Types of lifting devices (including links to articles on Designing Buildings Wiki) inlcude:
- Cherry picker.
- Forklift truck.
- Lift table.
- Lifting platform.
- Lifting sling.
- Pallet truck.
- Post lift.
- Scissor lift.
- Suction lifter.
- Wheelchair platform.
- Working platform.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Access and inclusion in the built environment: policy and guidance.
- Access consultant.
- Approved document M.
- Changing lifestyles.
- Considerations When Installing a Residential Lift.
- Fire and rescue service.
- Firefighting lift.
- Inclusive design.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Lifts and Escalators: A Quality Perspective.
- Lifts and Their Special Operating Modes.
- Lifts for office buildings.
- Manual handling.
- Mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs).
- Non-discriminatory building design.
- Smart elevators.
- Types of scaffolding.
- Work at height.
- Working platforms for tracked plant: good practice guide to the design, installation, maintenance and repair of ground-supported working platforms.
Featured articles and news
The David Lloyd Lymington Sports Village was 'Commended' in CIAT's 2018 AT Awards.
How do we make the smart city a reality?
Sir Nicholas Grimshaw has been awarded the UK’s highest honour for architecture.
Protecting the construction industry from Brexit.
Conceiving buildings collaboratively, testing them virtually.
Effective collaboration in post-disaster response and recovery
How do you prepare a claim for an extension of time and ensure it isn't rejected?
How innovative ‘design thinking’ may lead to new surface-water solutions.
What will be this year's office design trends?
Enhancing sustainability and resilience in disaster response.
What are EIAs, why are they needed and for which type of project?