- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 18 Nov 2021
Work at height
The Work at Height Regulations (2005) define work at height as:
- work in any place, including a place at or below ground level;
- obtaining access to or egress from such place while at work, except by a staircase in a permanent workplace,
In February 2019, the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Working at Height published Staying Alive: Preventing Serious Injury and Fatalities while Working at Height calling for a more robust system of reporting workplace falls, overseen by an independent body and with financial penalties for breaches.
- BS 7883.
- BS 7883 guide released.
- Collective restraint system.
- Crane regulations.
- Dynamic self-retracting lanyard.
- Facade access equipment.
- Facade cleaning.
- Facade maintenance.
- Fall arrest system.
- Fall prevention system.
- FASET (Fall Arrest Safety Equipment Training).
- How to remove scaffolding.
- How to use a ladder.
- Lift table.
- Lifting device.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Lifting platform.
- Mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs).
- Post lift.
- Roped access for conservation projects.
- Safety systems for working at heights.
- Scissor lift.
- The Importance of Working at Height Training.
- Types of crane.
- Types of scaffolding.
- Working at height - our duty to prevent harm and protect each other.
- Work at height checklist for managers.
- Work at height regulations.
- Work at height rescue plan.
- Working at height training.
- Working platform.
- Working platforms for tracked plant: good practice guide to the design, installation, maintenance and repair of ground-supported working platforms.
Featured articles and news
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.