- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Nov 2018
Tallest buildings in the world
This list of the world’s tallest buildings includes only those with continuously occupiable floors, as opposed to non-building structures such as TV towers. Roof or spire height is taken into consideration in this ranking, but not antenna height.
(Correct as of 5 April 2017.)
 Top 50
7. Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre, Guangzhou, China (2016), 530 m, 111 floors
World’s tallest building 2004 – 2010.
9. Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai, China (2008), 492 m, 101 floors
10. International Commerce Center, Hong Kong, China (2010), 484 m, 108 floors
11. Lakhta Center, St. Petersburg, Russia (2018), 462 m , 86 floors.
15. KK100, Shenzhen, China (2011), 441.8 m, 100 floors
16. Guangzhou International Finance Center, Guangzhou, China (2010), 437.5 m, 103 floors
17. 432 Park Avenue, New York (2015), 425.5 m, 85 floors
22. Two International Finance Centre, Hong Kong, China (2003), 412 m, 90 floors
24. CITIC Plaza, Guangzhou, China (1996), 391.1 m, 80 floors
25. Shun Hing Square, Shenzhen, China (1996), 384 m, 69 floors
30. Central Plaza, Hong Kong, China (1992), 374 m, 78 floors
39. Aon Center, Chicago, USA (1973), 346.3 m, 83 floors
40. The Center, Hong Kong, China (1998), 346 m, 73 floors
41. John Hancock Center, Chicago, USA (1969), 343.7 m, 100 floors
43. Chongqing World Financial Center, Chongqing, China (2015), 339 m, 73 floors
44. The Wharf Times Square, Wuxi JS, China (2014), 339 m, 68 floors
47. Tianjin World Financial Center, Tianjin, China (2011), 336.9 m, 76 floors
48. Shanghai Shimao International Plaza, Shanghai, China (2005), 333.3 m, 60 floors
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architectural styles.
- Buildings in film.
- Buildings that were never realised.
- Building of the week series.
- Fire risk in high-rise and super high-rise buildings DG 533.
- High-rise building.
- Tall building.
- The history of fabric structures.
- Top 10 skyscrapers located in the UAE.
- Tallest buildings in the UK.
- Top 10 most expensive construction projects in the world.
- Twisting buildings.
 External references
 Building of the week series
Featured articles and news
From alabaster to travertine – how many types do you know?
Well-designed lighting helps maintain a healthy physiological and psychological balance.
Transferring the risk for obtaining the target BREEAM rating.
A simple but effective way to determine the root cause of an issue.
BSRIA report suggest the European market will double to 415 million Euros by 2023.
Why a wellbeing strategy is vital for property managers.
An ECA briefing for members about the commercial implications of leaving the EU.
A crucial moment on any project - and fraught with danger.
The performance gap from a Northern Ireland perspective.
Book review: Buildings of protestant nonconformity.
Design and testing for health and wellbeing - free download from BRE.