- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 01 Jul 2022
Aluminum Composite Panels (ACP) on buildings
Aluminium Composite Panels are made by laminating an intermediate layer of non-aluminium core between the top and bottom layers of a thin aluminium panel. ACP panels can be further coated with Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) or polyester paint. Total thickness of panels varies from 3 mm to 6 mm, including adhesive layers and glues.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) are considered a new age material with a growing demand in the construction industry. Considering its various uses, the material offers a wider range of options for builders and architects. Here are some of the features of ACP laminate.
- Durability: ACP laminate is weather resistant, stain resistant and highly durable. Even after exposure to sunlight and weather changes, the panels retain their colour, shape and size, making them ideal for all seasons. They are also soundproof, allowing sound to be deducted from the outside environment.
- Safe to use: Because aluminium is a very good insulator, ACP panels are fire resistant. They do not emit gases or fumes and are safe for internal cladding.
- Economical: Aluminium composite panels are one of the most cost effective and economical materials on the market. They are easy to use, durable and provide the perfect answer for commercial establishments. According to experts, ACP panels offer high quality thermal comfort and reduce energy consumption, thus reducing your electricity bill. They can be used in a variety of shapes and sizes, minimising waste.
- Hassle-free installation: ACP laminates are easy and undemanding to install and can create some extraordinary designs that may be difficult or impossible to recreate with other materials.
- Easy to maintain: ACP laminates require low and hassle-free maintenance and will retain their shape and texture for a long time. Dirt or dust particles can be removed from its surface by simply wiping with a cloth.
 Advantages of using ACP sheet
- The panel has the qualities of light weight, durability, rigidity and strength.
- Another added benefit is its strength-to-weight ratio.
- ACP panels can be cut into various sizes to suit your requirements and the material is highly adaptable.
- The PVDF coating makes it fire and weather resistant, protecting the material from fading and staining.
- ACP panels have a perfectly uniform surface without any deflection or distortion and are resistant to breakage.
- These panels are easy to install and maintain, easy to recycle, and therefore environmentally friendly.
- Aluminum composite panels provide excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.
- They are also weather resistant and UV resistant.
- These panels are available in a wide range of colors and finishes, from standard colors to high-gloss, matte and metallic finishes.
 ACP Sheet Applications
Aluminum composite panels are one of the most effective material choices for a wide range of applications. Today, ACP is an important part of the interior and exterior decoration of hotels, hospitals, subway stations and other buildings, uses:
- Exterior and interior of buildings and corporate housing
- Cabinets, closets and modular kitchens
- False ceilings
- Wall panels
- Machine and equipment coverings
- Signs and signage
- Container construction
Today, ACP panels dominate the curtain wall industry with an element of creative freedom. It serves as a designer's delight, bringing a modern and chic touch to any space. Not only are they economical and environmentally friendly, but they are also an interesting material that will revolutionize interior design.
- Aluminium decking.
- Cast iron.
- Difference between cast iron and wrought iron.
- Failure of metals.
- Galvanised steel.
- Lead in construction.
- Major cast metal components.
- Metal composite panels.
- Metal fabrication.
- Metal roofing.
- Stainless steel.
- Structural principles.
- Structural steelwork.
- Types of metal.
- Types of steel.
- Weathering steel.
Featured articles and news
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Create a profile, write informed product articles and share.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC