- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 19 Jan 2022
- Carpet laying.
- Ceramic tiles.
- Countertop lamination.
- Drywall lamination.
- Flooring underlay.
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning connections.
- Timber jointing.
- Manufactured housing.
- Pre-fabricated panels.
- Resilient flooring.
- Wall coverings.
The most common types of adhesive are as follows:
- PVA (polyvinyl acetate): A general purpose woodwork glue, with some water resistant properties.
- Synthetic resin: A strong water-resistant woodwork glue.
- Epoxy resin: Used for metals and plastics.
- Acrylic cement: Used for acrylic and some types of plastic. The adhesive ‘melts’ the surface of the plastic and fuses it together.
- Casein: Made from sour milk. A cold setting adhesive in the form of a powder which is mixed with water.
- Urea formaldehyde: A cold setting resin glue. Although moisture resistant, it is usually restricted to timber members used in dry, unexposed conditions as it loses strength after prolonged exposure to water or heat.
- Resorcinol formaldehyde: A cold setting glue that is suitable for timber members used in external situations. Will set at temperatures down to 15°C and does not lose strength at high temperatures.
- Phenol formaldehyde: A warm setting adhesive that requires a temperature of above around 86°C to set.
- Cable tie.
- Construction adhesives market.
- Cross-laminated timber.
- Deleterious materials in construction.
- Laminated veneer lumber LVL.
- Mastic sealant.
- Polymer discovery.
- Resin flooring.
- Rub joint.
- Structural adhesives.
- Types of fixings.
- Volatile organic compounds.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.