- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Dec 2020
The Scottish Building Standards, Part I. Technical Handbook – Domestic, Appendix A Defined Terms, defines a hospital as: ‘…a building, other than a dwelling, for the treatment of persons suffering from an illness or mental or physical disability or handicap.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Ashby company breathes new life into 19th century hospital site
- Building regulations.
- Building standards.
- Cancer Centre at Guy's Hospital
- Hospital isolation rooms
- How a Complex Hospital Building for Orthopaedic Services was Constructed in Less Than Four Months
- How to Develop the Most Constrained Hospital Sites to Reduce Waiting Times and Improve Patient Care
- Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
- North Middlesex University Hospital Maternity Unit
- Royal Brompton Hospital National Health Trust v Hammond and Others (No3)
- Sea Sand Tower Hospital Queen Elizabeth, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Types of building.
- When hospital buildings aren’t healthy.
- Wuhan (COVID19) Hospital
- Wuhan Hospital, China
Featured articles and news
Take just two minutes to provide your feedback.
An update of standards and regulations are under consideration.
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.
These tactical structures can be permanent or temporary.
Organisation recognises milestones of the project's next phase.
Welding and metalworking businesses must manage respiratory risks.
New report explores how regulations are being put into action.
The golden thread and BS 8644-1.
Bitumen binder may delay road surface deterioration.
A varied portfolio of internationally recognised buildings.
Threatened by housing and expanding universities.
Getting "boots on the ground" to make things happen.
Building systems may begin to learn.