- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 03 Dec 2014
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
Primavera Systems Inc was a private company providing Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software to help project-intensive companies plan, manage and control projects and portfolios of all sizes. It was established in 1983 by Joel Koppelman and Dick Faris.
Oracle Primavera now offers PPM solutions for project-intensive industries such as aerospace and defence, utilities, chemicals, manufacturing, financial services, communications, travel and transportation, healthcare, and government.
Software solutions include:
- Primavera P6 Analytics.
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management.
- Primavera Contract Management.
- Primavera Contractor.
- Primavera Earned Value Management.
- Primavera Inspire for SAP.
- Primavera Portfolio Management.
- Primavera Risk Analysis.
Within architecture, engineering, construction and project management, Primavera software can be used to plan, manage, control, and deliver projects and programmes. It can help manage resource allocation, cost reduction, supply-chain efficiency, and decision-making by offering real-time data, and web-based collaborative tools. It can be used for large or small projects, for client capital programme management and for contractor engineering and construction.
- Primavera P6 'Enterprise Project Portfolio Management' and Primavera P6 'Professional Project Management' offer real-time project planning and program management tools, collaborative scheduling with interactive Gantt charts, capacity planning, ‘what-if’ scenario modelling and resource management.
- Primavera 'Contract Management' provides document management, job cost, and project control tools. It is available on a collaborative platform, giving the whole team access to current drawings, events, requests for information (RFIs), answered questions, potential issues, and changes.
- Primavera 'Contractor' offers contractor-specific scheduling, reporting, and progress planning tools.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Activity schedule.
- Critical path method.
- Design programme.
- Design web.
- Earned value.
- Fast-track construction.
- Gantt chart.
- Key performance indicators.
- Lead time.
- Project manager.
- Scheduling construction activities.
 External references
Featured articles and news
New BRE book considers the progression from project-based knowledge creation to whole-life urban knowledge management.
This CIOB article explores the concept of value in building design and construction.
BREEAM and Measurabl announce integration to improve the financial performance of commercial real estate.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners' release new images of soon-to-open 3WTC tower in New York.
A document can be called a bond or a guarantee. Does the name matter and what is the difference between them?
New briefing note is launched focusing on increasing knowledge of housing that promotes health and wellbeing.
Arbitration is a private, contractual form of dispute resolution used in the construction industry.
The European Parliament has approved a revised Energy Performance of Buildings directive.
One in six MPs supports the ring-fencing of retentions as proposed in the 'Aldous Bill'.
A stakeholder is anyone who has an interest in the process or outcome of a construction project.
BRE launches online self-assessment tool for ethical labour sourcing.