- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 23 Nov 2020
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
Primavera Systems Inc was a private company providing Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software to help project-intensive companies plan, manage and control projects and portfolios of all sizes. It was established in 1983 by Joel Koppelman and Dick Faris.
Oracle Primavera now offers PPM solutions for project-intensive industries such as aerospace and defence, utilities, chemicals, manufacturing, financial services, communications, travel and transportation, healthcare, and government.
Software solutions include:
- Primavera P6 Analytics.
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management.
- Primavera Contract Management.
- Primavera Contractor.
- Primavera Earned Value Management.
- Primavera Inspire for SAP.
- Primavera Portfolio Management.
- Primavera Risk Analysis.
Within architecture, engineering, construction and project management, Primavera software can be used to plan, manage, control, and deliver projects and programmes. It can help manage resource allocation, cost reduction, supply-chain efficiency, and decision-making by offering real-time data, and web-based collaborative tools. It can be used for large or small projects, for client capital programme management and for contractor engineering and construction.
- Primavera P6 'Enterprise Project Portfolio Management' and Primavera P6 'Professional Project Management' offer real-time project planning and program management tools, collaborative scheduling with interactive Gantt charts, capacity planning, ‘what-if’ scenario modelling and resource management.
- Primavera 'Contract Management' provides document management, job cost, and project control tools. It is available on a collaborative platform, giving the whole team access to current drawings, events, requests for information (RFIs), answered questions, potential issues, and changes.
- Primavera 'Contractor' offers contractor-specific scheduling, reporting, and progress planning tools.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Activity schedule.
- Critical path method.
- Design programme.
- Design web.
- Earned value.
- Fast-track construction.
- Gantt chart.
- Key performance indicators.
- Lead time.
- Project manager.
- Scheduling construction activities.
 External references
Featured articles and news
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.
CLC guidance outlines carbon reduction priorities.
Making the most of a staycation.
Organisation urges G20 to revisit wind energy.
The historian spent much of his life compiling architectural resources.
How technology can expose efficiency levels in existing buildings.
The garden heritage of Oxford and Cambridge. Book reviews.
Building capacity to better manage heritage.