- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 03 Dec 2014
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
Primavera Systems Inc was a private company providing Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software to help project-intensive companies plan, manage and control projects and portfolios of all sizes. It was established in 1983 by Joel Koppelman and Dick Faris.
Oracle Primavera now offers PPM solutions for project-intensive industries such as aerospace and defence, utilities, chemicals, manufacturing, financial services, communications, travel and transportation, healthcare, and government.
Software solutions include:
- Primavera P6 Analytics.
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management.
- Primavera Contract Management.
- Primavera Contractor.
- Primavera Earned Value Management.
- Primavera Inspire for SAP.
- Primavera Portfolio Management.
- Primavera Risk Analysis.
Within architecture, engineering, construction and project management, Primavera software can be used to plan, manage, control, and deliver projects and programmes. It can help manage resource allocation, cost reduction, supply-chain efficiency, and decision-making by offering real-time data, and web-based collaborative tools. It can be used for large or small projects, for client capital programme management and for contractor engineering and construction.
- Primavera P6 'Enterprise Project Portfolio Management' and Primavera P6 'Professional Project Management' offer real-time project planning and program management tools, collaborative scheduling with interactive Gantt charts, capacity planning, ‘what-if’ scenario modelling and resource management.
- Primavera 'Contract Management' provides document management, job cost, and project control tools. It is available on a collaborative platform, giving the whole team access to current drawings, events, requests for information (RFIs), answered questions, potential issues, and changes.
- Primavera 'Contractor' offers contractor-specific scheduling, reporting, and progress planning tools.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Activity schedule.
- Critical path method.
- Design programme.
- Design web.
- Earned value.
- Fast-track construction.
- Gantt chart.
- Key performance indicators.
- Lead time.
- Project manager.
- Scheduling construction activities.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Important action is being taken to inspire young people to train as engineers.
A survey of Leicester’s historic buildings resulted in local listing being taken more seriously.
Demolition is the most high risk activity in the construction sector. Read our introductory article here.
BSRIA report on the domestic boiler market, with China recording the most 'dynamic market uptake'.
Do we really know everything important about the impacts of our infrastructure projects? And if we don’t, does it matter?
Former Chief executive Richard Howson blames government for being 'poor payers'.
An environmental plan is an essential tool for setting and managing environmental objectives for a project.
CLC call for an 'outcome-based, transparent and efficient' industry with new report.
The first NIC assessment suggests there is a golden opportunity to provide low-carbon energy.
It's featured prominently as the backdrop to the World Cup coverage - read about the most iconic building in Russia.