- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 29 Mar 2023
The Academy was officially launched at a reception at the Gherkin in London on 12 December to significantly increase CIOB’s training provision. It is primarily intended to help people become chartered, but it will also help people improve overall skills and move up through the industry.
Courses cover a wide range of subjects to suit different roles and levels, including; becoming a certified specialist in low-carbon and green construction, understanding BIM and big data, and developing skills to become a future leader in management and business strategy.
 Academy offerings
 Technical Publications
A collection of CIOB authoritative publications, including Codes of Practice, Guides, and Technical Information Sheets, used by professionals across various fields, including project managers, surveyors, planners, engineers, architects, and environmentalists, to enhance your project management skills in the built environment. The publications also used in university curriculums, and highly regarded by academics and those who have participated in Academy training courses.
CIOB Academy Zones bring together themed content from industry experts. There to provide professionals with access to world-leading information and resources on core areas of built environment work, with the latest tools and techniques Each zone gives access to various articles, webinars and other tools to provided by experts in their field.
The Steppingstones program, is part of the Tomorrow’s Leaders Community, supports the development of professionalism and the uptake of CIOB Chartered status. Members can engage in transparent, professional development activities and track progress via their CIOB CPD record. Resources are tagged to indicate the aspects of professionalism that they contribute to. There are 7 tags, which are:
- Communication and Personal Effectiveness
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Planning and Organising
- Quality and Health and Safety
- Decision Making and Leadership
- Sustainable Construction Development
- Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
 Academy principles
- Believes in helping individuals realise their potential in the construction industry by nurturing the right practical skills and attitudes needed for an industry that’s becoming increasingly sophisticated, efficient and technologically advanced.
- Cares deeply about making absolutely clear the next steps that people need to take in order to take their careers forward at whatever stage they are at whether that’s as a certified specialist in low-carbon and green construction, BIM & big data, conservation or as a future leader in management and business strategy.
- Has an ambition to connect learners with funding, mentors and employment to ensure they find the outcomes they seek from learning.
- Encourages collaboration with organisations in order to create efficiencies in practice-based training and development.
- Is committed to providing effective solutions to help people succeed in the construction industry, reinforced by free and continual professional development, encouraging involvement in networks and providing access to relevant knowledge.
- Will show the world that construction managers who have come through the Academy are a talented and diverse workforce who make a real and positive difference to global challenges in the built environment.
 Find out more
- For further information on the courses available at the CIOB Academy visit the course section their website at https://www.ciobacademy.org/courses-landing-page/
- For further information on the CPD's available at the CIOB Academy visit the course section their website at https://www.ciobacademy.org/cpd/
- For further information on the range of technical publications available via the CIOB Academy visit the publications section https://www.ciobacademy.org/publications/
- 70-20-10 learning model.
- CIOB accepted onto register of end-point assessment organisations.
- CIOB articles.
- Craft your Future.
- Construction professional.
- Flexible courses for lifelong learning.
- Initial Professional Development.
- Recognised prior learning.
- Sustainable construction and development online course.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).