- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 06 Oct 2020
Grenfell tower articles
Articles about the Grenfell Tower fire are written by our editors and updated regularly. Scroll to the bottom of the articles for the latest developments:
- The overall story.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Public Inquiry.
Other related articles include:
- ACM cladding.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Addressing building failures: Grenfell Tower and Edinburgh schools.
- Advice for External Wall Insulation (EWI) systems with a render or brick-slip finish.
- Advice note for external wall systems that do not incorporate ACM.
- BS 8414 Fire performance of external cladding systems.
- BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
- BS 9991:2015 Fire safety in the design, management and use of residential buildings. Code of practice.
- Building a safer future: an implementation plan.
- Building a safer future: proposals for reform of the building safety regulatory system.
- Building Safety Bill.
- Building Safety Charter.
- Building Safety Regulator.
- Celotex insulation.
- Chief inspector of buildings.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Competence Steering Group.
- Consultation on banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings.
- Fire performance of external thermal insulation for walls of multistorey buildings, third edition (BR 135).
- Fire Safety Bill.
- Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
- Grenfell and professional indemnity insurance.
- Grenfell Tower independent expert advisory panel.
- Grenfell Tower industry response group.
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry Phase 1 Report.
- CIAT Grenfell Tower working group.
- HPL cladding.
- ACA response to Hackitt report on Grenfell Tower.
- ICE Grenfell Tower review.
- Joint Competent Authority.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
- Lakanal House fire.
- Non-ACM cladding.
- Private v social housing following the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Procurement after Grenfell.
- Rainscreen cladding.
- Raising the bar.
- Reform of building safety standards.
- Ronan Point.
- Setting the bar.
- The Cube.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Torre Windsor office building fire.
- Grenfell fire door investigation.
Featured articles and news
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.
Organisation revises actions around dealing with COVID-19.
CIOB, NFCC, RIBA, RICS call for changes ahead of Building Safety Bill.
Developments in the Future Homes Standard.
An American chimney feature with a colourful past.
Homes based on need, not ability to pay.
Historic England adds 216 entries to the 'at risk' register.