- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 27 May 2020
Grenfell tower articles
Articles about the Grenfell Tower fire are written by our editors and updated regularly. Scroll to the bottom of the articles for the latest developments:
- The overall story.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Public Inquiry.
Other related articles include:
- ACM cladding.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Addressing building failures: Grenfell Tower and Edinburgh schools.
- Advice for External Wall Insulation (EWI) systems with a render or brick-slip finish.
- Advice note for external wall systems that do not incorporate ACM.
- BS 8414 Fire performance of external cladding systems.
- BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
- BS 9991:2015 Fire safety in the design, management and use of residential buildings. Code of practice.
- Building a safer future: an implementation plan.
- Building a safer future: proposals for reform of the building safety regulatory system.
- Building Safety Bill.
- Building Safety Charter.
- Building Safety Regulator.
- Celotex insulation.
- Chief inspector of buildings.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Consultation on banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings.
- Fire performance of external thermal insulation for walls of multistorey buildings, third edition (BR 135).
- Fire Safety Bill.
- Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
- Grenfell and professional indemnity insurance.
- Grenfell Tower independent expert advisory panel.
- Grenfell Tower industry response group.
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry Phase 1 Report.
- CIAT Grenfell Tower working group.
- HPL cladding.
- ACA response to Hackitt report on Grenfell Tower.
- ICE Grenfell Tower review.
- Joint Competent Authority.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
- Lakanal House fire.
- Non-ACM cladding.
- Private v social housing following the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Procurement after Grenfell.
- Rainscreen cladding.
- Reform of building safety standards.
- Ronan Point.
- The Cube.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Torre Windsor office building fire.
- Grenfell fire door investigation.
Featured articles and news
Robotics and the construction industry.
ECA comments on CLC's three-phase recovery plan.
Their diplomatic and architectural history.
The origins of the six volume series.
Built to defend British waters, only to serve as pirate radio stations later.
Wellbeing to influence mix of home and office based working.
An introduction to cobotics.
Survey reports on outlook for the engineering sector.
A simple path to possible error avoidance.
Construction + technology = ConTech.
New low and high tech tools enter the marketplace.
Report looks at mental health in the built environment.
Radiant wall heating method to control rising damp.
What future infrastructure provision might look like.
Highlighting the health benefits of home improvement.
Pavilions for music, entertainment, and leisure. Book review.