- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 19 Dec 2018
Grenfell tower articles
Articles about the Grenfell Tower fire are written by our editors and updated regularly. Scroll to the bottom of the articles for the latest developments:
- The overall story.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Public Inquiry.
Other related articles include:
- ACM cladding.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- Advice for External Wall Insulation (EWI) systems with a render or brick-slip finish.
- Advice note for external wall systems that do not incorporate ACM.
- BS 8414 Fire performance of external cladding systems.
- BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
- BS 9991:2015 Fire safety in the design, management and use of residential buildings. Code of practice.
- Building a safer future: an implementation plan.
- Celotex insulation.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Consultation on banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings.
- Fire performance of external thermal insulation for walls of multistorey buildings, third edition (BR 135).
- Grenfell and professional indemnity insurance.
- Grenfell Tower independent expert advisory panel.
- Grenfell Tower industry response group.
- CIAT Grenfell Tower working group.
- ACA response to Hackitt report on Grenfell Tower.
- ICE Grenfell Tower review.
- Joint Competent Authority.
- Independent review of the building regulations and fire safety.
- Lakanal House fire.
- Procurement after Grenfell.
- Rainscreen cladding.
- Ronan Point.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Torre Windsor office building fire.
- Grenfell fire door investigation.
Featured articles and news
Assembling, curating, caring for, and designing the future.
A sensitive approach to renovating a building of historic stature.
UK energy policy uncertainty as Welsh project put on hold
What collaborative working achieves and how it can be put in place.
BSRIA publishes the 2019 edition of its small but concise annual databook.
Using QSAND to measure the performance of disaster response.
What U-values are, why they matter and how they are calculated.
The need to ensure that we plan for all aspects of our bio-economy
BSRIA calls on government to reach deeper into the causes of pollution.
George Demetri brings a whole new level of technical knowledge to Designing Buildings Wiki.
Quality professionals need to take an active role in driving the completion process forwards.
The innovations needed to move from rhetoric to realisation.