- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Oct 2018
To help develop this article, click ‘Edit this article’ above.
Imagine being able to negotiate your space to work to your advantage, having the ability to single-handedly transform a large area into multiple smaller spaces with minimal effort within a few moments. Now imagine the possibility of maximising your revenue through the use of acoustic movable walls, during the day hosting multiple meeting functions simultaneously and, come evening time, the partitions are effortlessly stacked away and transformed into a large function room.
Acoustic movable walls offer many fantastic benefits, whether it’s dividing a school hall into two different multi-purpose areas for simultaneous physical activities, or splitting a large conference facility in smaller seminar rooms by sub-dividing these spaces with acoustic movable walls.
- Space management ~ Movable walls offer an effective space solution for many environments including offices, educational establishments, sporting facilities, dining and entertainment facilities, religious centres, or retail areas
- Smart use of space – Movable walls offer a flexible solution for making the most of an interior space. Room sizes can be changed in a matter of moments to capitalise on the revenue potential of commercial space or simply create the most efficient use of floor space
- Acoustics ~ the movable wall is the highest specification range of fully operable, individual-panel systems. Acoustic insulation of up to 58dB noise reduction is achieved with a combination of acoustic infill’s and operable top and bottom seals.
- Operation ~ space without a trace ~ when the operable seals are retracted the panels will glide effortlessly and quietly along the unique aluminium overhead track system (no need for floor guide). Final closure of each panel is by a removable operating handle that extends the seal from the top and bottom of each panel forming an acoustic seal.
- Adaptable configurations – The track and carrier system provides ease of operation and directional flexibility, allowing panel stacking in countless configurations.
- Panel options ~ Individual panels can be constructed with either manual or semi automatic retractable top and bottom seal. Panels are also available curved or with inset pass doors and glazed cut outs
- Finishes ~ our systems can be supplied in an almost endless choice, popular finishes include MFC, veneers and laminates but we can also offer dry wipe, wall coverings and fabrics.
Author Joanne Luker, director at Moving Designs Ltd
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Cutting-edge tech pairs with building management systems.
BSRIA updates its assessment of the industry.
What happens when it all goes wrong?
Input being gathered by CIOB.
Changes proposed for MHCLG consultation on house building statistics.
Full of passion and acerbic wit. 1 min book review.
Reminding us what is possible.
Five signs you are at risk.
Biotechnology as it applies to the built environment.
Stopping sound coming through windows.
Government response to the Building a Safer Future consultation.
Energy savings quickly payback any small additional capital investment.
Overbuild and air-space developments.