- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 18 Nov 2020
Elements of buildings
- Building envelope.
- Building fabric.
- Building services.
- Spaces / rooms.
- Windows and glazing.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BCIS elements.
- BIM classification.
- BRE Building Elements series (AP 243).
- Common arrangement of work sections classification.
- Construction Project Information Committee.
- Elements of a window.
- Elements of structure in buildings.
- Elements of the built environment.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Standard Method of Measurement (SMM7).
- Types of building.
Featured articles and news
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.