- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 18 Nov 2020
Elements of buildings
- Building envelope.
- Building fabric.
- Building services.
- Spaces / rooms.
- Windows and glazing.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BCIS elements.
- BIM classification.
- BRE Building Elements series (AP 243).
- Common arrangement of work sections classification.
- Construction Project Information Committee.
- Elements of a window.
- Elements of structure in buildings.
- Elements of the built environment.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Standard Method of Measurement (SMM7).
- Types of building.
Featured articles and news
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.