- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 16 Aug 2017
Elements of buildings
- Building envelope.
- Building fabric.
- Building services.
- Spaces / rooms.
- Windows and glazing.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BCIS elements.
- BIM classification.
- BRE Building Elements series (AP 243).
- Common arrangement of work sections classification.
- Construction Project Information Committee.
- Elements of a window.
- Elements of structure in buildings.
- Elements of the built environment.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Standard Method of Measurement (SMM7).
- Types of building.
Featured articles and news
3 World Trade Center designed by RSH+P
The struggle to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
What is 'agent of change' and who does it protect?
A consistent and measurable approach to home adaptation.
Acknowledging and challenging the realms and interpretations of heritage.
Embodied carbon in construction steel.
A prototype for assessing circularity in buildings.
New Wiki site is set to make BIM mainstream.
FMEA is a step-by-step approach for collecting knowledge about possible points of failure.
The various types and everything else.