- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Aug 2017
BRE Building Elements series (AP 243)
BRE’s Building Elements series (AP 243) provides a comprehensive range of information about the main elements of a building: roofs, floors, walls, services and foundations. Each book in the series provides expert help for those involved in the maintenance, repair, refurbishment or renewal of buildings. They include more than 1,500 pages of extensively-illustrated practical details, descriptions and best practice advice, creating an essential reference tool for building professionals.
- Roofs and roofing (BR 504) covers the materials, production methods and criteria used in the construction of a roof as well as the practical details of maintaining roofs.
- Floors and flooring (BR 460) Provides guidance on all floors - including screeds and underlays, as well as a range of finishes.
- Walls, windows & doors (BR 352) provides practical guidance on the vertical elements of buildings, both external and internal: including separating walls, partitions and internal doors and outlines the performances and deficiencies of each.
- Building services (BR 404) provides the latest best practice advice on heating, artificial lighting, refuse disposal and other services, which make buildings habitable.
- Foundations, basements and external works (BR 440) provides building professionals with practical details about those parts of buildings in direct contact with the ground.
- Understanding dampness (BR 466) lists the causes of dampness, explores its effects and explains remedial measures.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The government moves to halt the rise of gender neutral facilities.
The role of HVAC systems in the safe return to work.
CLC provides guidance related to product marks, post-Brexit.
Net zero goals incorporated into plans for a new European Bauhaus.
BREEAM offers its resilient approach to Building Back Better.
Country moves one step closer to creating independent body.
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.