- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Dec 2021
BSRIA study: The market for European Field Devices
 European trends
This popular report will expand its scope to European countries, looking at market size and trends to 2025, drivers and barriers and the competitive landscape of the commercial market segmented into three modules:
BSRIA has covered Building Automation Controls (BACS) for many years, but has now recognised the need for more in-depth coverage of non-residential field devices. Thanks to our combination of technical expertise in building applications and business intelligence capabilities, we can provide in-depth coverage of the field devices market.
Trends BSRIA has observed include:
- An increase in motorisation is boosting prices in most markets.
- Demand for energy efficiency and increasing expectation for user safety and user comfort is driving sales of dynamic devices.
- Cloud services and IoT technology are gradually being introduced to the market and installations of sensors, notably multi-sensors, are accelerating significantly.
- Non-residential HVAC valves, dampers and actuators.
- Ball valve.
- Globe valve.
- Butterfly valve.
- Rotary valve.
- Diaphragm valve.
- Paddle or plunger valve.
- Gate valve.
- Butterfly damper.
- Curtain/guillotine damper.
- Louvre damper.
- Temperature sensor.
- Pressure sensor (temperature, pressure air, pressure liquid, humidity, CO2, CO, VOC/particle, occupancy/motion, light-dependent, multi sensors, wall/ceiling, duct/pipe, outdoor).
The countries to be covered are:
- BSRIA UK (Europe): [email protected]bsria.co.uk; +44 (0) 1344 465 540.
- BSRIA USA (Americas): [email protected]bsria.com; +1 312 753 6803.
- BSRIA China (China): [email protected]; +86 10 6465 7707.
This article originally appeared on the BSRIA website under the headline, 'New BSRIA study: The market for European Field Devices'. It was published in June 2021.
- BACS building automation controls - the information revolution.
- BSRIA announces 2021 European HVAC field device study.
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Building automation and control system BACS.
- Fire damper.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing MEP.
- Smoke damper.
- Types of valve.
Featured articles and news
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.