- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 19 Dec 2020
BRE National Solar Centre
The BRE National Solar Centre was established in 2012 to provide independent evidence based information about solar energy systems and related topics. Its dedicated team of solar professionals, whose expertise include the practicalities of complex installations, technical consultancy, project planning, applied research and policy analysis, is based at the Eden Project in Cornwall and the BRE head office near Watford.
The BRE National Solar Centre in Cornwall was opened in April 2013 by former Energy Minister, Greg Barker, with support from solar industry partners and Cornwall Council. Its target audience is organisations that require information about solar energy and related technologies. It also provide impartial advice for the UK solar industry.
The BRE National Solar Centre provides:
- Impartial and authoritative consultancy, research, training and products.
- Independent research on performance of solar technologies via the Smart Solar Hub.
- Guidance and standards on solar and related technologies.
- Information about technical specification, procurement, installation & operation of solar technologies.
- Information about solar innovation and technological advances.
- Support for organisations that need good quality information on solar, such as; community projects, corporate clients, local authorities and housing associations.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Battery energy storage systems with grid-connected solar photovoltaics BR 514.
- BRE photovoltaic certification scheme.
- Brise soleil.
- Carbon Reduction Commitment.
- Center for Sustainable Landscapes.
- Code of Practice for Grid Connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Feed in tariff.
- Fuel cell.
- Future of electricity in domestic buildings.
- Multi-functional solar car parks.
- PV inverter.
- Qualitative research and the built environment.
- Renewable energy sources: how they work and what they deliver: Part 4: Solar thermal hot water systems DG 532 4.
- Solar thermal systems.
- Wind loads on roof-mounted photovoltaic and solar thermal systems DG 489.
Featured articles and news
Smart motorway strategies.
Actuate UK urges change of deadline to at least December 2022.
Study shows harmful impact of late payments on SME personnel.
Upcoming changes to the commercial supply and purchase of chemicals.
CLC introduces card for learners.
CIOB members recognised for public procurement.
Experts discuss the complex issues damaging the supply chain.
The co-founder of Get Kids into Survey discusses career paths for kids.
Report examines lack of detail in the Government's vision.
Our director Gregor Harvie hosts 4 webinars at the IHBC marketplace on Friday.
Look up construction terms on any website direct from your browser.
The revival of the public sphere in Toronto.
The story behind the copycat architecture craze.
Insight into construction materials supply and demand issues.