- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Feb 2021
Actuate UK engineering services alliance
- The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA).
- The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA).
- The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- ECA - Electrical and Engineering Services.
- The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland.
- The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF).
 Focus of Actuate UK
Actuate UK will deliver a single, consolidated voice, bringing together some of the leading trade, technology, research and professional bodies within the engineering services sector. It will act as an agent for positive change and will support the delivery of a safer, more productive and more sustainable built environment.
- The post-COVID world of business, including procurement reform, payment, contracts and other commercial issues.
- After Greenfell Tower, including building safety reform, quality and operation throughout the UK.
- Climate change, including the drive to net-zero carbon.
- Skills for tomorrow's built environment, including the need for technology and green skills.
- National heat and buildings strategy.
- CLC recovery roadmap.
- Scottish construction recovery plan and low carbon skills consultation.
- Welsh procurement reform.
- UK retrofit strategies.
- Future buildings standards.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- BESA - the Building Engineering Services Association.
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Building Safety Bill.
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers CIBSE.
- Coronavirus and the construction industry.
- Engineering Council.
- Engineer for construction.
- Get ready for green jobs and upgrade projects.
- New deal for infrastructure 2020.
- Re-starting construction in a COVID-19 environment.
- Scottish building services certification schemes.
- Skills for Climate consultation launched.
Featured articles and news
Defended Scapa Flow from WWII attacks, but now battered by rising sea levels.
The real economic impact of historic preservation.
None have anything to do with maths, physics or science!
Report includes sales vs production of compressors by type.
Government announces latest plans for growth.
Will the new requirements - once passed - go far enough?
These post-WWII modular buildings were unpopular, yet ubiquitous.
What's the verdict from the court of public opinion?
Shift to home-based work influences closed plan preferences.
An overview of the current state of the market.
Organisation offers best practices for construction and modification.
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.