- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 02 Nov 2021
Actuate UK engineering services alliance
- The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA).
- The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA).
- The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- ECA - Electrical and Engineering Services.
- The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland.
- The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF).
 Focus of Actuate UK
Actuate UK will deliver a single, consolidated voice, bringing together some of the leading trade, technology, research and professional bodies within the engineering services sector. It will act as an agent for positive change and will support the delivery of a safer, more productive and more sustainable built environment.
- The post-COVID world of business, including procurement reform, payment, contracts and other commercial issues.
- After Greenfell Tower, including building safety reform, quality and operation throughout the UK.
- Climate change, including the drive to net-zero carbon.
- Skills for tomorrow's built environment, including the need for technology and green skills.
- National heat and buildings strategy.
- CLC recovery roadmap.
- Scottish construction recovery plan and low carbon skills consultation.
- Welsh procurement reform.
- UK retrofit strategies.
- Future buildings standards.
- Actuate UK issues climate warning and urges action.
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- BESA - the Building Engineering Services Association.
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Building Safety Bill.
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers CIBSE.
- Coronavirus and the construction industry.
- Electrical contractor.
- Engineering Council.
- Engineer for construction.
- Get ready for green jobs and upgrade projects.
- New deal for infrastructure 2020.
- Re-starting construction in a COVID-19 environment.
- Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers’ Federation SNIPEF.
- Scottish building services certification schemes.
- SELECT Scotland's Electrical Trade Association.
- Skills for Climate consultation launched.
Featured articles and news
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.