- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Sep 2021
Actuate UK engineering services alliance
- The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA).
- The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA).
- The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- ECA - Electrical and Engineering Services.
- The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland.
- The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF).
 Focus of Actuate UK
Actuate UK will deliver a single, consolidated voice, bringing together some of the leading trade, technology, research and professional bodies within the engineering services sector. It will act as an agent for positive change and will support the delivery of a safer, more productive and more sustainable built environment.
- The post-COVID world of business, including procurement reform, payment, contracts and other commercial issues.
- After Greenfell Tower, including building safety reform, quality and operation throughout the UK.
- Climate change, including the drive to net-zero carbon.
- Skills for tomorrow's built environment, including the need for technology and green skills.
- National heat and buildings strategy.
- CLC recovery roadmap.
- Scottish construction recovery plan and low carbon skills consultation.
- Welsh procurement reform.
- UK retrofit strategies.
- Future buildings standards.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Actuate UK issues climate warning and urges action.
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- BESA - the Building Engineering Services Association.
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Building Safety Bill.
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers CIBSE.
- Coronavirus and the construction industry.
- Engineering Council.
- Engineer for construction.
- Get ready for green jobs and upgrade projects.
- New deal for infrastructure 2020.
- Re-starting construction in a COVID-19 environment.
- Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers’ Federation SNIPEF.
- Scottish building services certification schemes.
- SELECT Scotland's Electrical Trade Association.
- Skills for Climate consultation launched.
Featured articles and news
Saint Michael’s Kirkyard - a Presbyterian Valhalla. Book review.
Facing the impact of the COVID and the internet.
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.