- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Feb 2021
Actuate UK engineering services alliance
- The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA).
- The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA).
- The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- ECA - Electrical and Engineering Services.
- The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland.
- The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF).
 Focus of Actuate UK
Actuate UK will deliver a single, consolidated voice, bringing together some of the leading trade, technology, research and professional bodies within the engineering services sector. It will act as an agent for positive change and will support the delivery of a safer, more productive and more sustainable built environment.
- The post-COVID world of business, including procurement reform, payment, contracts and other commercial issues.
- After Greenfell Tower, including building safety reform, quality and operation throughout the UK.
- Climate change, including the drive to net-zero carbon.
- Skills for tomorrow's built environment, including the need for technology and green skills.
- National heat and buildings strategy.
- CLC recovery roadmap.
- Scottish construction recovery plan and low carbon skills consultation.
- Welsh procurement reform.
- UK retrofit strategies.
- Future buildings standards.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles by the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA).
- BESA - the Building Engineering Services Association.
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Building Safety Bill.
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers CIBSE.
- Coronavirus and the construction industry.
- Engineering Council.
- Engineer for construction.
- Get ready for green jobs and upgrade projects.
- New deal for infrastructure 2020.
- Re-starting construction in a COVID-19 environment.
- Scottish building services certification schemes.
- Skills for Climate consultation launched.
Featured articles and news
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.
The pressures and pinch points of global destinations.