- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 05 Dec 2021
Pre-contract meeting for construction contracts
The pre-contract meeting is an important meeting that takes place after the contractor has been appointed but before work commences on site. It is an opportunity for the project team to meet (perhaps for the first time) and to plan the construction stage.
- Make introductions and issue contact details (perhaps a project directory).
- Clarify roles, responsibilities and lines of communication.
- Agree meeting schedules, meeting structures and attendees.
- Hand over outstanding documents (such as insurance certificates and bonds) and issue outstanding information (which may including any variations made since the contract was awarded).
- Issue nomination instructions.
- Discuss the contractor's master programme, including incorporation of works outside of the main contract, inspections, commissioning and testing.
- Discuss the role of the project team members (including site inspectors).
- Agree procedures for monitoring, issuing, receiving and reviewing information (including the information release schedule if there is one, and its relationship with the contractor's master programme). This may include a distribution matrix.
- Agree site access procedures and issues.
- Agree site induction procedures and other health and safety issues.
- Agree procedures for dealing with queries.
- Agree procedures for issuing instructions.
- Hand over contractor's procurement schedule.
- Mobilisation schedule and status.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction phase plan.
- Contract administrator.
- Contract documents.
- Contract negotiations.
- Contract strategy.
- Contractor's master programme.
- Handover to contractor.
- Health and safety.
- Information release schedule.
- Pre-contract management.
- Site inspectors.
- Site layout plan.
- Site waste management plan.
Featured articles and news
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC