- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Oct 2016
Specialist contractors start-up meeting
A formal start-up meeting with specialist contractors is an opportunity to:
- Issue appropriate project documentation.
- Agree lines of communication.
- Agree change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate the interface between specialist contractors and the consultant team and agree approval and payment procedures (generally specialist contractor design will be approved and certified by the member of the consultant team with primary responsibility for the that area of the design).
- Agree collaborative practices such as document control, the use of a common data environment, CAD, building information modelling and so on (see collaborative practices for more information).
- Agree meeting schedules.
- Discuss the programme.
- Review design risk management.
- Review design co-ordination and integration procedures.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
93% believe tackling the construction knowledge gap is very important or extremely important for the industry.
Book review: The vertebrate architecture of one of the most important practices of the 20th century.
Matt Rhodes, Quiss Technology, explains how an increasing number are falling victim to sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Assembly drawings represent items that consist of more than one component and show how they fit together.
Is the water sector under too much pressure from the regulator?
Everything you need to know about acoustics in under 800 words.
Check out our list of the 90 most unusual buildings of all time.
The government is to set a personal consumption target to reduce water use.
BSRIA calls for more education to promote fuels that are fit to burn.
Michael Gove admits air pollution is making people ill and shortening lives.
BRE call for a clearer, focused drive for the delivery of sustainable, quality developments.