- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Apr 2019
Specialist contractors start-up meeting
A formal start-up meeting with specialist contractors is an opportunity to:
- Issue appropriate project documentation.
- Agree lines of communication.
- Agree change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate the interface between specialist contractors and the consultant team and agree approval and payment procedures (generally specialist contractor design will be approved and certified by the member of the consultant team with primary responsibility for the that area of the design).
- Agree collaborative practices such as document control, the use of a common data environment, CAD, building information modelling and so on (see collaborative practices for more information).
- Agree meeting schedules.
- Discuss the programme.
- Review design risk management.
- Review design co-ordination and integration procedures.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
1 minute read.
An alternative to secondary ventilation stacks in tall buildings.
How to deliver the infrastructure the country needs.
Protecting employees from hearing damage.
One of the largest office buildings in the world.
Who holds the risk for COVID-19?
Insights from New York.
A quick introduction to a very complicated subject.
CIOB suggests the economic reach of construction is double the official figures.
The first US building to achieve BREEAM Outstanding In-Use.
70 buildings from 70 years of Concrete Quarterly. Book review.