Specialist contractors start-up meeting
A formal start-up meeting with specialist contractors is an opportunity to:
- Issue appropriate project documentation.
- Agree lines of communication.
- Agree change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate the interface between specialist contractors and the consultant team and agree approval and payment procedures (generally specialist contractor design will be approved and certified by the member of the consultant team with primary responsibility for the that area of the design).
- Agree collaborative practices such as document control, the use of a common data environment, CAD, building information modelling and so on (see collaborative practices for more information).
- Agree meeting schedules.
- Discuss the programme.
- Review design risk management.
- Review design co-ordination and integration procedures.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
5 out of 10 filtering facepieces fail HSE tests.
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?
One of the largest churches in the world, the monumental St. Peter's Basilica.
How thermal comfort is quantified and how it can affect wellbeing.
Snøhetta complete a treehouse cabin that allows guests to lie beneath the Northern Lights.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.