- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Oct 2016
Specialist contractors start-up meeting
A formal start-up meeting with specialist contractors is an opportunity to:
- Issue appropriate project documentation.
- Agree lines of communication.
- Agree change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate the interface between specialist contractors and the consultant team and agree approval and payment procedures (generally specialist contractor design will be approved and certified by the member of the consultant team with primary responsibility for the that area of the design).
- Agree collaborative practices such as document control, the use of a common data environment, CAD, building information modelling and so on (see collaborative practices for more information).
- Agree meeting schedules.
- Discuss the programme.
- Review design risk management.
- Review design co-ordination and integration procedures.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The new NEC4 contract creates a true procurement alliance arrangement for all stakeholders.
Andrew Strauss talks about performance and team building at the 2018 BSRIA Briefing.
Applications have to be in by the end of the week.
Reflections on the 5th Annual Global Congress of Knowledge Economy, held in Qingdao, China.
An artist finds ruined and decaying buildings a source of inspiration for his work. Book review.
When is there a right to light, and what happens if it is obstructed?
What would the nationalisation of economic infrastructure mean for GB?
A new guide to improving value by reducing design error.
We've reached 80,000 page views a day and 10,000 registered users. Why not join them?
A masterplan is a framework within which a location is encouraged to develop or change. Read our introductory article.
New consultation announced on a specialist Housing Court to settle landlord-tenant disputes.