- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 30 Oct 2020
Specialist contractors start-up meeting
A formal start-up meeting with specialist contractors is an opportunity to:
- Issue appropriate project documentation.
- Agree lines of communication.
- Agree change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate the interface between specialist contractors and the consultant team and agree approval and payment procedures (generally specialist contractor design will be approved and certified by the member of the consultant team with primary responsibility for the that area of the design).
- Agree collaborative practices such as document control, the use of a common data environment, CAD, building information modelling and so on (see collaborative practices for more information).
- Agree meeting schedules.
- Discuss the programme.
- Review design risk management.
- Review design co-ordination and integration procedures.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Air rights for developing above existing properties.
New national seismic hazard maps for the UK.
Six technologies guiding O&M into the future.
Homes carved from sandstone cliffs in England.
A review of the HES pilot project.
Organisation alerts membership to findings of IHBC research.
Four outstanding professionals recognised.
Sustainable flooring from super strong grass.
Organisation presents reactions from industry leaders.
New infrastructure bank to be based in the North of England.
Fairer, faster, greener. A summary of the key points.
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.