- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Oct 2016
Specialist contractors start-up meeting
A formal start-up meeting with specialist contractors is an opportunity to:
- Issue appropriate project documentation.
- Agree lines of communication.
- Agree change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate the interface between specialist contractors and the consultant team and agree approval and payment procedures (generally specialist contractor design will be approved and certified by the member of the consultant team with primary responsibility for the that area of the design).
- Agree collaborative practices such as document control, the use of a common data environment, CAD, building information modelling and so on (see collaborative practices for more information).
- Agree meeting schedules.
- Discuss the programme.
- Review design risk management.
- Review design co-ordination and integration procedures.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Are highway engineers really drainage specialists? This article discusses the complex interdependencies.
New policy report published looking at tackling fuel poverty in the private rented sector.
RSHP may have to reconsider competition-winning designs for new Taiwan airport terminal.
If the one of the parties to a contract fails to perform as required, this may constitute a breach of contract.
Research engineer Chris Thompson examines the crucial role of smarter systems in predicting failure.
Government could be failing in its human rights duty over combustible cladding, warns watchdog.
Conservation in the heritage cities of Venice and Liverpool.
Which room is the most fun to design? Find out the 'Grand Designs' presenter's unusual choice in our interview.
Full suite of speakers are announced for this year's BSRIA Briefing event.
Book your place for the Architectural Technology Awards 2018.
There are many ways of classifying types of building. Have a look at our range of building articles.