- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Oct 2016
Specialist contractors start-up meeting
A formal start-up meeting with specialist contractors is an opportunity to:
- Issue appropriate project documentation.
- Agree lines of communication.
- Agree change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate the interface between specialist contractors and the consultant team and agree approval and payment procedures (generally specialist contractor design will be approved and certified by the member of the consultant team with primary responsibility for the that area of the design).
- Agree collaborative practices such as document control, the use of a common data environment, CAD, building information modelling and so on (see collaborative practices for more information).
- Agree meeting schedules.
- Discuss the programme.
- Review design risk management.
- Review design co-ordination and integration procedures.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The quality of Cambridge owes as much to its open spaces as to its architectural uniqueness.
If events occur that cause the completion of the works to be delayed then these may be compensation events.
BSRIA's new Building MOTs Scheme is designed to provide guidance on the next steps after compliance.
At an ICE discussion, the focus was on delivering a Northern Infrastructure Strategy based on opportunity for all.
The Considerate Constructors Scheme officially launch the new Ultra Site status for contractors and supply chains.
The risk of specification errors in the cladding sector is "worryingly high" after Grenfell, according to major distributor.
Here is our outline work plan for a private sector design and build project.
BRE are to publish new guidance aimed at assuring buyers as to the merits of off-site construction methods.
Who are the various different stakeholders in development projects? Find out in our introductory article.
How a BRE office became the centre-piece for major biophilic design research.