Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University City Campus, Leeds LS1 3HE
Tel: +44 (0)113 812 0000
Leeds Beckett is a modern professional university with ambition.
Based in the vibrant city of Leeds, the biggest financial district outside of London, their vision is to be acknowledged for their commitment to student success, innovation and enterprise, global reach, and strong local impact.
Their aspiration is to help create great graduates, exceptional employees, dynamic citizens and enterprising leaders and they work closely with employers and partners to ensure that graduates are ready for work, ready for life, and ready to seize the opportunities that lie ahead.
They have around 2,900 staff and more than 28,000 students from almost 100 countries around the world; and contribute an estimated £500 million to the economy every year. They are proud to be the only university in the UK to hold both the Customer Service Excellence award and the Investors in People Gold standard.
A particular feature of Built Environment & Engineering courses is the breadth and vocational relevance of the courses available, together with an emphasis on innovation in teaching and learning and the development of student capability. With close links to key accrediting industry bodies, they provide graduates with access to full professional status. They have also achieved national and international recognition for research and consultancy.
They aim to provide a stimulating environment for education in all aspects of the Built Environment with a particular focus upon sustainability. There is a commitment to widening access and increasing participation in higher education which forms the underlying philosophy of their approach; focusing on collaborative provision regionally, nationally and internationally.
 Undergraduate courses
- BSc Architectural Technology
- BEng Building Services Engineering
- HND Building Services
- BSc Building Surveying
- BEng Civil Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering
- HND Civil Engineering
- BSc Construction Commercial Management
- BSc Construction Management
- BSc Engineering Management (top-up)
- BSc Facilities Management (top-up)
- MPlan Planning
- BSc Quantity Surveying
 Postgraduate courses
- MSc Architectural Technology & Design
- MSc Building Services Engineering
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Building Modelling and Simulation
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Building Performance and Evaluation
- MSc Building Surveying
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Energy Efficient Buildings, Systems and Refurbishment
- MSc Facilities Management
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Housing and Neighbourhood Management
- MA Housing, Regeneration and Urban Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Quantity Surveying Commercial Management
- MSc Strategic Project Management
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Sustainable Urban Management
- MA Town and Regional Planning
- PG Cert UK Planning Law and Practice
Featured articles and news
High quality and high density homes - is it what we need or is it storing up trouble?
Government announces its intention to strengthen planning rules to protect music venues and neighbours.
National Audit Office reports that there is little evidence that PFI offers better value than other forms of contracting.
What is liquidation and how does it apply to contractors in the construction industry?
Scrutiny is placed on Carillion's controversial 2013 decision to extend subcontractor payment terms to 120 days.
RSHP unveil their involvement in a boundary crossing which will provide a new entry point into Hong Kong.
With PFI currently under the spotlight due to Carillion, this introductory article explains what they are.
Estimates suggest that up to 30,000 small firms could be at risk of non-payment as a result of Carillion's collapse.
Sir Oliver Letwin to lead an independent review into the delays in the delivery of housing.
As Carillion collapses, read our article explaining insolvency in the construction industry.
43,000 jobs at risk as Carillion declares insolvency.