Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University City Campus, Leeds LS1 3HE
Tel: +44 (0)113 812 0000
Leeds Beckett is a modern professional university with ambition.
Based in the vibrant city of Leeds, the biggest financial district outside of London, their vision is to be acknowledged for their commitment to student success, innovation and enterprise, global reach, and strong local impact.
Their aspiration is to help create great graduates, exceptional employees, dynamic citizens and enterprising leaders and they work closely with employers and partners to ensure that graduates are ready for work, ready for life, and ready to seize the opportunities that lie ahead.
They have around 2,900 staff and more than 28,000 students from almost 100 countries around the world; and contribute an estimated £500 million to the economy every year. They are proud to be the only university in the UK to hold both the Customer Service Excellence award and the Investors in People Gold standard.
A particular feature of Built Environment & Engineering courses is the breadth and vocational relevance of the courses available, together with an emphasis on innovation in teaching and learning and the development of student capability. With close links to key accrediting industry bodies, they provide graduates with access to full professional status. They have also achieved national and international recognition for research and consultancy.
They aim to provide a stimulating environment for education in all aspects of the Built Environment with a particular focus upon sustainability. There is a commitment to widening access and increasing participation in higher education which forms the underlying philosophy of their approach; focusing on collaborative provision regionally, nationally and internationally.
 Undergraduate courses
- BSc Architectural Technology
- BEng Building Services Engineering
- HND Building Services
- BSc Building Surveying
- BEng Civil Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering
- HND Civil Engineering
- BSc Construction Commercial Management
- BSc Construction Management
- BSc Engineering Management (top-up)
- BSc Facilities Management (top-up)
- MPlan Planning
- BSc Quantity Surveying
 Postgraduate courses
- MSc Architectural Technology & Design
- MSc Building Services Engineering
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Building Modelling and Simulation
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Building Performance and Evaluation
- MSc Building Surveying
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Energy Efficient Buildings, Systems and Refurbishment
- MSc Facilities Management
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Housing and Neighbourhood Management
- MA Housing, Regeneration and Urban Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Quantity Surveying Commercial Management
- MSc Strategic Project Management
- Advanced Professional Diploma – Sustainable Urban Management
- MA Town and Regional Planning
- PG Cert UK Planning Law and Practice
Featured articles and news
5 out of 10 filtering facepieces fail HSE tests.
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?
One of the largest churches in the world, the monumental St. Peter's Basilica.
How thermal comfort is quantified and how it can affect wellbeing.
Snøhetta complete a treehouse cabin that allows guests to lie beneath the Northern Lights.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.