- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 19 Nov 2020
Typically, their duties include:
- Reviewing development proposals against relevant legislation, policy and guidance.
- Providing expert advice in relation to planning applications.
- Reviewing and critiquing Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIAs).
- Developing spatial planning documentation.
- Helping inform the design of major development projects.
- Other technical specialists within the local authority.
- Statutory bodies.
- General public.
The Landscape Institute is the Royal Chartered Institute for Landscape professionals. There are various levels of membership from student up to retired membership and it is also possible to become a chartered member.
Within some local authorities, the position of landscape officer is expanded to include responsibility for trees. In this situation, the post holder is also responsible for securing the protection of existing trees in the area and negotiating tree issues in relation to development proposals. In particular, they will be responsible for providing advice in relation to tree preservation orders.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Ancient woodland.
- Archaeological officer.
- Conservation officer.
- Designated areas.
- Ecological survey.
- Forest ownership.
- Green belt.
- Japanese knotweed.
- Landscape architect.
- Local planning authority.
- Planning permission.
- Protected species.
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
- The benefits of urban trees.
- Tree hazard survey.
- Tree rights.
- Tree preservation order.
- Working with landscape maintenance contractors.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.