- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jan 2018
...the particular group allocated to each dwelling on a development to provide the basis for assessing the pressure testing regime. The allocation of each dwelling to a dwelling type should be the responsibility of the person carrying out the pressure testing. To be classed as of the same type, dwellings should:
- Be of the same generic form (i.e. detached, semi-detached, end terrace, mid-terrace, ground floor flat (including ground-floor maisonette), mid-floor flat, top-floor flat (including top-floor maisonette).
- Include the same number of storeys.
- Have the same design air permeability.
- Have similar adjacency to unheated spaces such as stairwells, integral garages etc.
- Have the same principal construction details.
- Have a similar (i.e. +1) number of significant penetrations, i.e. for windows, doors, flues/chimneys, Supply/exhaust terminals, waste water pipes.
- Have envelope areas that do not differ by more than 10 per cent.
- Category 1 – Visitable dwellings.
- Category 2 – Accessible and adaptable dwellings.
- Category 3 – Wheelchair user dwellings.
See: Types of dwelling in approved document m for more information.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Air permeability.
- Air permeability testing.
- Air tightness in buildings.
- Approved documents.
- Building emission rate.
- Dwelling emission rate.
- Energy performance certificates.
- Standard assessment procedure.
- Target emission rate.
- The history of non-domestic air tightness testing.
- Types of dwelling in approved document m.
Featured articles and news
A right to light generally refers to the right to receive sufficient light through an opening.
Interference and compatibility - the effects of electromagnetic fields in the workplace.
Important action is being taken to inspire young people to train as engineers.
A survey of Leicester’s historic buildings resulted in local listing being taken more seriously.
Demolition is the most high risk activity in the construction sector. Read our introductory article here.
BSRIA report on the domestic boiler market, with China recording the most 'dynamic market uptake'.
Do we really know everything important about the impacts of our infrastructure projects? And if we don’t, does it matter?
Former Chief executive Richard Howson blames government for being 'poor payers'.
An environmental plan is an essential tool for setting and managing environmental objectives for a project.
CLC call for an 'outcome-based, transparent and efficient' industry with new report.