- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Dec 2019
Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon was triggered in March 2017, signifying the start of two years of talks to agree the terms of the exit. EU negotiator Michel Barnier has suggested that it will not be possible to begin negotiations about the subsequent trade deal between the EU and the UK until significant progress has been made on agreeing the ‘divorce’.
Brexit has been seen as a potential risk to the construction industry in the UK, in particular, in relation to the skills shortage, the import and export of materials and services, regulations and standardisation, the value of the pound, research collaboration and funding and so on.
- Architects' Brexit statement.
- Brexit and UK research into cultural heritage.
- Brexit - the case for infrastructure.
- Brexit Topic Guide.
- BSRIA Brexit survey 2018.
- BSRIA Brexit white paper.
- BSRIA response to Brexit speech.
- BSRIA response to Brexit white paper.
- Building to higher standards post-Brexit.
- Can the heritage of Europe help to integrate the UK.
- Compensation events and Brexit.
- Construction industry Brexit manifesto.
- Construction Products Regulation if there is no Brexit deal.
- Heritage and Brexit.
- HVAC and smart energy post-Brexit.
- Overcoming the challenges of Brexit.
- Post brexit, house building and construction remains a safe sustainable industry.
- Post-Brexit vision for construction.
- Safeguarding infrastructure post-Brexit.
- Skills shortage and Brexit.
- The commercial implications of Brexit.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- Will Brexit shake UK construction?
Featured articles and news
Eight forms of resource optimisation.
CIOB responds to Chancellor Sunak's announcement on jobs and the economy.
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.
Breaking down possible steps of pre-contract management.
ICE event includes comments from Welsh Government Minister Julie James.
How to write them and what they should include.
Designing Buildings Wiki becomes the world's first website to adopt the new knowledge standard.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.