- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Aug 2019
Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon was triggered in March 2017, signifying the start of two years of talks to agree the terms of the exit. EU negotiator Michel Barnier has suggested that it will not be possible to begin negotiations about the subsequent trade deal between the EU and the UK until significant progress has been made on agreeing the ‘divorce’.
Brexit has been seen as a potential risk to the construction industry in the UK, in particular, in relation to the skills shortage, the import and export of materials and services, regulations and standardisation, the value of the pound, research collaboration and funding and so on.
- Architects' Brexit statement.
- Brexit and UK research into cultural heritage.
- Brexit - the case for infrastructure.
- Brexit Topic Guide.
- BSRIA Brexit survey 2018.
- BSRIA Brexit white paper.
- BSRIA response to Brexit speech.
- BSRIA response to Brexit white paper.
- Building to higher standards post-Brexit.
- Compensation events and Brexit.
- Construction industry Brexit manifesto.
- Construction Products Regulation if there is no Brexit deal.
- Heritage and Brexit.
- HVAC and smart energy post-Brexit.
- Overcoming the challenges of Brexit.
- Post brexit, house building and construction remains a safe sustainable industry.
- Post-Brexit vision for construction.
- Safeguarding infrastructure post-Brexit.
- Skills shortage and Brexit.
- The commercial implications of Brexit.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- Will Brexit shake UK construction?
Featured articles and news
BRE launches the BREEAM Data Centres Annex Pilot.
Replacing lanterns and overthrows in Great Pulteney Street.
Will market-led regeneration work without state intervention?
The New Towns
Infrastructure planning in England's Economic Heartland.
Low-voltage switchgear and protective devices.
New report explores impact of independent museums.
Parents are pivotal in reaching future engineers.
What is a final account?