- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Apr 2021
BBA becomes an Approved Body for UKCA Marking
 Product marking and assessment
The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) Marking is a UK product marking used for certain goods being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). It has been introduced to replace the current CE Marking. An additional mark, UKNI, will be used in Northern Ireland.
As a Technical Assessment Body, the BBA will support manufacturers with conformity assessment tasks for their UKCA and UKNI Marking across a wide range of construction product areas and will work closely with key industry partners, organisations and clients to certify products in support of UKCA Marking onto the following products:
- Construction products including, but not exclusive to, cements, concrete and mortar, precast, masonry, structural metallics, insulation, roofing coverings, membranes and liquid waterproofing, wood-based panels, doors, windows, structural timber, fire stopping, sealing and production products.
- Road construction products including, but not exclusive to, surface treatments, bitumen and bituminous mixtures, bridge deck waterproofing and liquid applied waterproofing.
John Albon, Chief Scientific Officer at the BBA, said, "Things are changing on an almost daily basis subsequent to the UK's exit from the European Union, but with the BBA's strong links to both our valued industry partners and the UK Government, we are fortunate to not only be able to help our clients with their UKCA Marking requirements, but also support them through what has been, and still is, a long and challenging transitional process.... What is important to note is that UKCA Marking became available on 1 January 2021 and we are now in a transitional stage where both UKCA and CE Marking can be used. From 1 January 2022, UKCA will be the only marking recognised to allow access to the market in Great Britain. CE Marking will no longer be recognised within Great Britain."
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- British Board of Agrément.
- Brexit standards, products and regulatory updates.
- CE marking in the construction industry.
- CIAT articles.
- CLC publishes Conformity Marking of Construction Guide.
- Construction products regulations.
- UK Brexit transition and uncertainty for the heating industry.
- UK construction industry.
- BBA, UKCA information hub.
Featured articles and news
IHBC members encouraged to update violations database.
Non-obtrusive security sensors can help deter intruders.
Adopting a fabric first approach to efficiency.
Government emphasises training for construction and engineering trades.
ECA and SELECT offer assistance to members set back by delays.
The virtual learning event examines Historic Places - People Places.
Getting post-pandemic infrastructure on the right track.
One of England's grandest country houses.
Take just two minutes to provide your feedback.
An update of standards and regulations is under consideration.
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.