Last edited 11 Jun 2021

BBA becomes an Approved Body for UKCA Marking



[edit] Introduction

In January 2021, The British Board of Agrément (BBA) was appointed as an Approved Body, Technical Assessment Body and Notified Body (NI) by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.

[edit] Product marking and assessment

The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) Marking is a UK product marking used for certain goods being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). It has been introduced to replace the current CE Marking. An additional mark, UKNI, will be used in Northern Ireland.

As a Technical Assessment Body, the BBA will support manufacturers with conformity assessment tasks for their UKCA and UKNI Marking across a wide range of construction product areas and will work closely with key industry partners, organisations and clients to certify products in support of UKCA Marking onto the following products:

[edit] Post-BREXIT changes

John Albon, Chief Scientific Officer at the BBA, said, "Things are changing on an almost daily basis subsequent to the UK's exit from the European Union, but with the BBA's strong links to both our valued industry partners and the UK Government, we are fortunate to not only be able to help our clients with their UKCA Marking requirements, but also support them through what has been, and still is, a long and challenging transitional process.... What is important to note is that UKCA Marking became available on 1 January 2021 and we are now in a transitional stage where both UKCA and CE Marking can be used. From 1 January 2022, UKCA will be the only marking recognised to allow access to the market in Great Britain. CE Marking will no longer be recognised within Great Britain."

[edit] Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki

[edit] External resources

Designing Buildings Anywhere

Get the Firefox add-on to access 20,000 definitions direct from any website

Find out more Accept cookies and
don't show me this again