- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 02 Oct 2017
Brexit Topic Guide
The guide includes facts on a range of key issues:
- The impact of Brexit on the construction industry.
- The impact on skills and training.
- Labour and trade figures.
- A definition of Article 50 and the key issues arising from it.
- Political and global views of Brexit.
- Why the High Court ruled in favour of parliament.
- How the government will carry out Brexit.
- The terms of the Brexit negotiation.
- What happens to EU legislation?
From the free movement of EU nationals, visa applications, the impact on skills and training and the Supreme Court ruling to a Brexit FAQ, the role of the Department for Exiting the EU, the Canada, Norway and Swiss Model and what happens to EU legislation?
Whether the UK adopts a hard, soft or medium, black, white or grey Brexit remains to be seen but, for now, BSRIA is calling for a clear Brexit agenda, and in essence, government must provide a clear avenue for industry.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BSRIA and Supreme Court Judgement.
- Architects' Brexit statement.
- Brexit - the case for infrastructure.
- BSRIA Brexit white paper.
- BSRIA calls for clarity following Brexit Article 50 High Court ruling.
- BSRIA response to Brexit speech.
- BSRIA response to Brexit white paper.
- HVAC and smart energy post-Brexit.
- Overcoming the challenges of Brexit.
- Post brexit, house building and construction remains a safe sustainable industry.
- Post-Brexit vision for construction.
- Triggering article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
Featured articles and news
The Chartered Quality Institute explain the pathway to success for organisations implementing management systems.
An introductory article looking at where a duty of care can arise in the construction industry.
House of Lords committee encourages the use of off-site manufacturing in new report.
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can go some way to show the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
The shortlist for the 2018 prize for the UK's best new building is revealed.
Amendment to Bill aims to provide councils with greater powers to increase tax premiums on empty homes.
As the latest summer blockbuster 'Skyscraper' is released, we look at some of the best uses of buildings in film.
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.
New cross-party report calls for combustible cladding ban to be extended to all high-rise residential buildings.
Dr Nicholas Falk, director of the URBED Trust, explains why metro cities are the future of urbanisation.