- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 04 Jan 2021
BSRIA response to Brexit white paper
The important ones to industry are:
1. Providing certainty and clarity:
As the negotiations are approached.
2. Protecting workers’ rights.
Protecting and enhancing existing workers’ rights.
Julia Evans, BSRIA Chief Executive, said:
“BSRIA welcomes the additional facts included in this White Paper focussing on some of members’ and industry’s concerns. It is crucial that industry’s voice is heard loud and clear in the corridors of power – both in the UK and across Europe.
The week before last, BSRIA commented on the ‘Brexit’ Supreme Court judgement calling for clarity and a clear Brexit timetable without months and months of parliamentary obstacles. A smooth and neat exit is crucial.
Industry faces skills and labour shortages, therefore, members and industry will welcome the particular reference that the White Paper makes to science and innovation and the UK being a country that looks to the future. Strength in science is the way forward, along with that of innovation – which will help achieve the ambition of industry.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Architects' Brexit statement.
- Brexit - the case for infrastructure.
- Brexit Topic Guide.
- BSRIA Brexit survey 2018.
- BSRIA Brexit white paper.
- BSRIA calls for clarity following Brexit Article 50 High Court ruling.
- BSRIA response to Brexit speech.
- HVAC and smart energy post-Brexit.
- Overcoming the challenges of Brexit.
- Post brexit, house building and construction remains a safe sustainable industry.
- Post-Brexit vision for construction.
- Triggering article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- White paper.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).
No longer enforcing certain waste transfer documentation.
Winners reactions during the event at the Park Plaza Hotel.
An exciting opportunity for stakeholders to collaborate.
Report from the BSRIA Briefing 2023, Cleaner Air, Better Tomorrow.