- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Apr 2018
BSRIA response to Brexit white paper
The important ones to industry are:
1. Providing certainty and clarity:
As the negotiations are approached.
2. Protecting workers’ rights.
Protecting and enhancing existing workers’ rights.
3. Ensuring free trade with European markets.
5. Delivering a smooth, orderly exit from the EU.
Julia Evans, BSRIA Chief Executive, said:
“BSRIA welcomes the additional facts included in this White Paper focussing on some of members’ and industry’s concerns. It is crucial that industry’s voice is heard loud and clear in the corridors of power – both in the UK and across Europe.
The week before last, BSRIA commented on the ‘Brexit’ Supreme Court judgement calling for clarity and a clear Brexit timetable without months and months of parliamentary obstacles. A smooth and neat exit is crucial.
Industry faces skills and labour shortages, therefore, members and industry will welcome the particular reference that the White Paper makes to science and innovation and the UK being a country that looks to the future. Strength in science is the way forward, along with that of innovation – which will help achieve the ambition of industry.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Architects' Brexit statement.
- Brexit - the case for infrastructure.
- Brexit Topic Guide.
- BSRIA Brexit survey 2018.
- BSRIA Brexit white paper.
- BSRIA calls for clarity following Brexit Article 50 High Court ruling.
- BSRIA response to Brexit speech.
- HVAC and smart energy post-Brexit.
- Overcoming the challenges of Brexit.
- Post brexit, house building and construction remains a safe sustainable industry.
- Post-Brexit vision for construction.
- Triggering article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- White paper.
Featured articles and news
Access control in buildings.
MASTRO project – lifecycle costing and assessment.
Five things to consider before installing solar panels.
New conservation building for the Louvre completed.
A balance between character and climate.
Bamboo pavilion built at London South Bank Uni.
Bringing in an expert.
Why the lowest price isn't sustainable.
The Most Economically Advantageous Tender.
Pipe dream or possibility?