BRE Expert Collection 6 Daylight and shading
BRE is an independent, research-based consultancy, testing and training organisation, operating in the built environment and associated industries. The BRE Trust uses the profits made by BRE to fund new research and education programmes that advance knowledge, innovation and communication for public benefit.
BRE Expert Collections are topic-specific compilations of BRE digests, good building guides, good repair guides and information. BRE Expert Collection 6 Daylight and shading is a collection of BRE expert guidance on designing for daylight and sunlight, and shading of buildings.
- IP 15/88. Average daylight factor: a simple basis for daylight design.
- IP 12/02. Control of solar shading.
- IP 3/98. Daylight in atrium buildings.
- IP 10/95. Daylighting design for display screen equipment.
- IP 9/00. Developments in innovative daylighting.
- DG 309. Estimating daylight in buildings: Part 1.
- DG 310. Estimating daylight in buildings: Part 2.
- IP 23/93. Measuring daylight.
- IP 11/02. Retrofitting solar shading.
- IP 23/12. Site layout planning for daylight.
- IP 22/12. Site layout planning for sunlight and solar gain.
- IP 3/87. Solar dazzle reflected from sloping glazed facades.
- IP 5/01. Solar energy in urban areas
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.
Inaugurated last week, the new Elbphilharmonie concert venue; a soaring new addition to Hamburg's skyline.
Summary of a new ICE Transport journal which says improving transport infrastructure is essential to eradicating global poverty.
BRE look at a new government report into the accuracy of heat meters.
Herzog & de Meuron get planning permission for revamp of Chelsea FC football stadium.
UK-GBC green paper proposes more powers for cities on new-build housing.
The Pompidou Centre – not a monument but an event.
The Chartered Institute of Building restructures and launches 29 new local hubs.
Designing Buildings Wiki talks to the founder of the world's first indoor biophilic gym, now open in London.
£1.3bn Swansea Bay project to be backed as a 'pathfinder' for other tidal lagoon projects.
Designs released for a proposed Las Vegas stadium to entice the Oakland Raiders.
Have a look at these award-winning concept designs for a thermal bath in Latvia.