BRE Expert Collection 6 Daylight and shading
BRE is an independent, research-based consultancy, testing and training organisation, operating in the built environment and associated industries. The BRE Trust uses the profits made by BRE to fund new research and education programmes that advance knowledge, innovation and communication for public benefit.
BRE Expert Collections are topic-specific compilations of BRE digests, good building guides, good repair guides and information. BRE Expert Collection 6 Daylight and shading is a collection of BRE expert guidance on designing for daylight and sunlight, and shading of buildings.
- IP 15/88. Average daylight factor: a simple basis for daylight design.
- IP 12/02. Control of solar shading.
- IP 3/98. Daylight in atrium buildings.
- IP 10/95. Daylighting design for display screen equipment.
- IP 9/00. Developments in innovative daylighting.
- DG 309. Estimating daylight in buildings: Part 1.
- DG 310. Estimating daylight in buildings: Part 2.
- IP 23/93. Measuring daylight.
- IP 11/02. Retrofitting solar shading.
- IP 23/12. Site layout planning for daylight.
- IP 22/12. Site layout planning for sunlight and solar gain.
- IP 3/87. Solar dazzle reflected from sloping glazed facades.
- IP 5/01. Solar energy in urban areas
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Read about Belgrade's Brutalist landmark - the Western City Gate.
Read about the measures that can be taken by individuals to protect and minimise exposure to outdoor sourced air pollution.
Government announces leaseholds on new-build houses will be banned.
Transport Secretary announces public consultation into London's funding of Crossrail 2.
Have a look at some of the most impressive concert stage designs of all time, including Pink Floyd, U2, Rolling Stones, and more...
What is the Home Quality Mark? Find out how it can help you when buying/renting a new home.
Business Secretary launches £246m Faraday Challenge to establish UK as world leader in battery technology.
Government announces new plans for regulations to improve safety and security awareness of drone users.
Read our introductory article to the various different types of fuel.
IHBC book review: Charles Barry’s monumental struggle to rebuild the Houses of Parliament.
Read about RSHP's British Museum extension which has been shortlisted for the 2017 Stirling Prize.
Read our introductory article to building a house extension.
More updates from DCMS about the large-scale testing of cladding systems and the number of buildings affected.
UandI secure resolution to grant planning consent for major new regeneration project.