- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Dec 2020
Kaplan North Masterplan Complex
Situated between one of the city's busiest intersections and its cultural centre, the design aims to create a 'new gateway to Tel Aviv', an innovative series of structures that will restore a once secretive and secluded area that was home to the Kiriya (IDF's - Israel Defense Forces - headquarters).
The west side is the main 'urban room' and is connected to the southern gardens. The gardens serve as an open urban space for leisure activities, small concerts and gatherings. It also aims to play host to temporary art exhibitions in pavilions of the kind seen at London's Serpentine Gallery.
The east side is an area of more dense and complex structures, relating to the surrounding existing towers. The strategy is to create a 'multi-layered vertical city' of urban spaces, gradually going from public at the bottom level to private at the top:
- Street/metropolis level.
- Public housing (surrounding the plinth).
- Level 5 – neighbourhood spaces and publicly-accessible amenities.
- Level 30 – Spaces for the users of the upper levels (residential, offices, hotel).
Find out more here.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 416-420 Kent, Williamsburg.
- 600 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Building of the week series.
- D'Leedon, Singapore.
- Eight most impressive skyscrapers under construction in 2016.
- JTI Headquarters, Geneva.
- Tallest buildings in the world.
- Tebrau Waterfront Residences.
- The Mile.
- ToHA, Tel Aviv.
- Unusual building design of the week.
Featured articles and news
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Click the button to subscribe.