- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Oct 2016
Kaplan North Masterplan Complex
Situated between one of the city's busiest intersections and its cultural centre, the design aims to create a 'new gateway to Tel Aviv', an innovative series of structures that will restore a once secretive and secluded area that was home to the Kiriya (IDF's - Israel Defense Forces - headquarters).
The west side is the main 'urban room' and is connected to the southern gardens. The gardens serve as an open urban space for leisure activities, small concerts and gatherings. It also aims to play host to temporary art exhibitions in pavilions of the kind seen at London's Serpentine Gallery.
The east side is an area of more dense and complex structures, relating to the surrounding existing towers. The strategy is to create a 'multi-layered vertical city' of urban spaces, gradually going from public at the bottom level to private at the top:
- Street/metropolis level.
- Public housing (surrounding the plinth).
- Level 5 – neighbourhood spaces and publicly-accessible amenities.
- Level 30 – Spaces for the users of the upper levels (residential, offices, hotel).
Find out more here.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 416-420 Kent, Williamsburg.
- 600 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Building of the week series.
- D'Leedon, Singapore.
- Eight most impressive skyscrapers under construction in 2016.
- JTI Headquarters, Geneva.
- Tallest buildings in the world.
- Tebrau Waterfront Residences.
- The Mile.
- ToHA, Tel Aviv.
- Unusual building design of the week.
Featured articles and news
Evaluating occupant satisfaction.
The Ancona eco-mansion
What is the cost of not getting it right first time?
The government announces a new role as part of a wider package of safety reform.
Lessons for the next UK road investment strategy.
Architectural Technology Studio 3
Construction Industry Advisory Committee CONIAC
The real impact of late payment.
How to tell which infrastructure projects will work.
The government announces the biggest change in building safety for a generation.
Key messages from the UN COP 25 conference.