- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Nov 2017
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
See also Contract documents for a list of the documents setting out the obligations and responsibilities of the parties to the contract on a traditionally-procured, fully-designed construction project,
- Application for payment (see Fair payment practices)
- Architect's instruction / contract administrator's instruction
- Bill of quantities
- Building log book
- Building owner's manual / operation and maintenance manual (O&M manual)
- Building users guide
- Certificate of making good defects / certificate of making good
- Collateral warranty
- Construction phase plan
- Contract sum analysis
- Contractors master programme
- Contractors proposals
- Default payment notice (see Fair payment practices)
- Contract drawings
- Design documents
- Employers requirements
- Final account
- Final certificate
- Health and safety file
- Information release schedule
- Interim certificate
- Joint fire code
- Method statement
- Pay less notice (see Fair payment practices)
- Payment notice (see Fair payment practices)
- Practical completion certificate / substantial completion certificate
- Risk assessment
- Schedule of defects
- Schedule of work
- Site waste management plan
NB: A pre-contract meeting is likely to take place after the contractor has been appointed but before work commences on site. This is an opportunity to for the project team to meet (perhaps for the first time) and to plan the construction stage. The minutes of the pre-contract meeting may form part of contract documents (for all procurement routes) subject to the agreement of both parties.
See Pre-contract meeting for more information.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bills of quantities.
- Construction contract.
- Contract conditions.
- Contract documents.
- Contractors proposals.
- Contract sum analysis.
- Employers requirements.
- Form of tender.
- Information release schedule.
- Performance bond.
- Pre-contract meeting.
- Procurement route.
- Schedules of work.
- Tender documents.
Featured articles and news
The built environment can unlock opportunities for skills.
Additionality is a concept applied to activities and projects.
Some HPL cladding is very unlikely to adequately resist the spread of fire.
What a chartered architectural technologist does.
Building design and construction fees.
The world heritage list has evolved to embrace built, cultural and natural heritage.
The Ocean Cleanup project
The various types of bond and when they are used.
It's vital the industry responds to proposals for reform of the safety regulatory system.
RSHP's Merano wins RIBA accolade.
How to differentiate between partial possession and early use.
Ofwat proposes £12 billion additional investment and £50 bill reductions.