Form of tender
A tender is a submission made by a prospective supplier in response to an invitation to tender. It makes an offer for the supply of goods or services. An invitation to tender might be issued for a range of contracts, including; equipment supply, the main construction contract (perhaps including design by the contractor), demolition, enabling works and so on.
An invitation to tender might include:
- A letter of invitation to tender.
- The form of tender.
- The form of contract.
- A tender pricing document.
- A drawing schedule.
- Design drawings.
The form of tender is prepared by the client or their consultants and completed and signed by the tenderer. It is a formal acknowledgment that the tenderer understands and accepts the terms of conditions of the tender documents and any other requirements that are stipulated.
Items that might be appear on a form of tender could include:
- Latest return time and date.
- Date, name and address.
- Tender reference number.
- The price for which they are to do the works and any adjustments prices that have been agreed should the scope of the work or period of time change (or a reference to documents providing this information).
- The date until which the price remains valid.
- The period of time that is allocated for the works, or an actual completion date if required.
- Acceptance of terms and conditions.
- Confirmation of the country’s law that will govern the contract.
- References to other documents containing information.
- Any qualifications that apply.
- Who will bear the costs of preparing the tender.
- Any alternative proposals (or a reference to documents providing this information).
- Confirmation of the tender being genuine and bona fide.
- Signature and tenderer details.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bid strategies.
- Contract documents for construction.
- Construction contract.
- Contract conditions.
- Contract engrossment.
- Contract execution.
- Contractual documents.
- Negotiated contract.
- Schedules of work.
- Tender documents.
- Tender negotiations.
- Tender processes.
- Tender settlement meeting.
 External references
- Felp - Sample form tender
Featured articles and news
Do you know all the various types of defects in brickwork?
US museum reveals plans for an installation made entirely of paper tubes.
Review of a book looking at how contemporary architecture found its expression within neoliberal capitalism.
The Great Mosque of Djenne, the largest mud-brick building in the world.
Amanda Clack, RICS President offers recommendations to government on Brexit and the construction skills shortage.
Tired of the commute? This architecture firm believes the best solution is to take cars underground.
Why do so many women leave engineering? Probably not for the reason you’re thinking.
For over 30 years David Trench was one of the UK's leading project managers. Read about his career through some of his most famous projects.
Leading institutes join forces calling for property flood resilience measures to help householders avoid repeat flooding.
CITB publish new report calling for the development of new skills standards for offsite construction.
Residents of neighbouring building go to High Court claiming viewing platform infringes their human rights.
If only Easter eggs came as large as this one in a Japanese bird sanctuary.