Form of tender
A tender is a submission made by a prospective supplier in response to an invitation to tender. It makes an offer for the supply of goods or services. An invitation to tender might be issued for a range of contracts, including; equipment supply, the main construction contract (perhaps including design by the contractor), demolition, enabling works and so on.
An invitation to tender might include:
- A letter of invitation to tender.
- The form of tender.
- The form of contract.
- A tender pricing document.
- A drawing schedule.
- Design drawings.
The form of tender is prepared by the client or their consultants and completed and signed by the tenderer. It is a formal acknowledgment that the tenderer understands and accepts the terms of conditions of the tender documents and any other requirements that are stipulated.
Items that might be appear on a form of tender could include:
- Latest return time and date.
- Date, name and address.
- Tender reference number.
- The price for which they are to do the works and any adjustments prices that have been agreed should the scope of the work or period of time change (or a reference to documents providing this information).
- The date until which the price remains valid.
- The period of time that is allocated for the works, or an actual completion date if required.
- Acceptance of terms and conditions.
- Confirmation of the country’s law that will govern the contract.
- References to other documents containing information.
- Any qualifications that apply.
- Who will bear the costs of preparing the tender.
- Any alternative proposals (or a reference to documents providing this information).
- Confirmation of the tender being genuine and bona fide.
- Signature and tenderer details.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bid strategies.
- Contract documents for construction.
- Construction contract.
- Contract conditions.
- Contract engrossment.
- Contract execution.
- Contractual documents.
- Negotiated contract.
- Schedules of work.
- Tender documents.
- Tender negotiations.
- Tender processes.
- Tender settlement meeting.
 External references
- Felp - Sample form tender
Featured articles and news
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?
One of the largest churches in the world, the monumental St. Peter's Basilica.
How thermal comfort is quantified and how it can affect wellbeing.
Snøhetta complete a treehouse cabin that allows guests to lie beneath the Northern Lights.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.
“UK waste data needs improving” say BRE specialists, in this summary of their report into construction waste.
UandI announce new joint venture with US developer to work on office refurbishment projects.
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.