- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 07 Feb 2018
Tender pricing document
The tender pricing document sets out the way in which the design team and client wish to review the breakdown of the overall tender prices provided by tendering contractors. It is effectively an unpriced bill of quantities.
It generally follows the format of the cost plan that has been developed at this stage (the pre-tender estimate), however, the preliminaries, particularly staff costs, may be broken down in more detail.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like for like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approximate quantities cost plan.
- Bills of quantities.
- Business plan.
- Cash flow.
- Common arrangement of work sections.
- Contract sum.
- Contract sum analysis.
- Cost consultant.
- Cost plan.
- Elemental cost plan.
- Initial cost appraisals.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Pre-tender estimate.
- Spon's Price Book.
- Tender documentation.
- Types of bill of quantities.
- Whole-life costs.
Featured articles and news
If events occur that cause the completion of the works to be delayed then these may be compensation events.
BSRIA's new Building MOTs Scheme is designed to provide guidance on the next steps after compliance.
At an ICE discussion, the focus was on delivering a Northern Infrastructure Strategy based on opportunity for all.
The Considerate Constructors Scheme officially launch the new Ultra Site status for contractors and supply chains.
The risk of specification errors in the cladding sector is "worryingly high" after Grenfell, according to major distributor.
Here is our outline work plan for a private sector design and build project.
BRE are to publish new guidance aimed at assuring buyers as to the merits of off-site construction methods.
Who are the various different stakeholders in development projects? Find out in our introductory article.
How a BRE office became the centre-piece for major biophilic design research.
A new interactive virtual experience allows visitors to explore ICE 200 exhibition from anywhere.