Tender pricing document
The tender pricing document sets out the way in which the design team and client wish to review the breakdown of the overall tender prices provided by tendering contractors. It is effectively an unpriced bill of quantities.
It generally follows the format of the cost plan that has been developed at this stage (the pre-tender estimate), however, the preliminaries, particularly staff costs, may be broken down in more detail.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like for like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approximate quantities cost plan.
- Bills of quantities.
- Business plan.
- Cash flow.
- Common arrangement of work sections.
- Contract sum.
- Contract sum analysis.
- Cost consultant.
- Cost plan.
- Elemental cost plan.
- Initial cost appraisals.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Pre-tender estimate.
- Tender documentation.
- Whole-life costs.
Featured articles and news
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.
Inaugurated last week, the new Elbphilharmonie concert venue; a soaring new addition to Hamburg's skyline.
Summary of a new ICE Transport journal which says improving transport infrastructure is essential to eradicating global poverty.
BRE look at a new government report into the accuracy of heat meters.
Herzog & de Meuron get planning permission for revamp of Chelsea FC football stadium.
UK-GBC green paper proposes more powers for cities on new-build housing.
The Pompidou Centre – not a monument but an event.
The Chartered Institute of Building restructures and launches 29 new local hubs.
Designing Buildings Wiki talks to the founder of the world's first indoor biophilic gym, now open in London.
£1.3bn Swansea Bay project to be backed as a 'pathfinder' for other tidal lagoon projects.
Designs released for a proposed Las Vegas stadium to entice the Oakland Raiders.
Have a look at these award-winning concept designs for a thermal bath in Latvia.