- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Jul 2019
Tender pricing document
The tender pricing document sets out the way in which the design team and client wish to review the breakdown of the overall tender prices provided by tendering contractors. It is effectively an unpriced bill of quantities.
It generally follows the format of the cost plan that has been developed at this stage (the pre-tender estimate), however, the preliminaries, particularly staff costs, may be broken down in more detail.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like-for-like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approximate quantities cost plan.
- Bills of quantities.
- Business plan.
- Cash flow.
- Common arrangement of work sections.
- Contract sum.
- Contract sum analysis.
- Cost consultant.
- Cost plan.
- Elemental cost plan.
- Initial cost appraisals.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Pre-tender estimate.
- Spon's Price Book.
- Tender cost.
- Tender documentation.
- Types of bill of quantities.
- Whole-life costs.
Featured articles and news
The Ocean Cleanup project
The various types of bond and when they are used.
It's vital the industry responds to proposals for reform of the safety regulatory system.
RSHP's Merano wins RIBA accolade.
How to differentiate between partial possession and early use.
Ofwat proposes £12 billion additional investment and £50 bill reductions.
Avoiding 'winner's curse' and other useful info.
Developing test methods for video flame/smoke detectors
Waiting for a new deal ...but will funding materialise?
Our servers have reached another milestone. Why not write an article and be seen by our 6.5 million users.
RSHP celebrates competition win in Paris.
All about approved inspectors.