- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 07 Feb 2018
Tender pricing document
The tender pricing document sets out the way in which the design team and client wish to review the breakdown of the overall tender prices provided by tendering contractors. It is effectively an unpriced bill of quantities.
It generally follows the format of the cost plan that has been developed at this stage (the pre-tender estimate), however, the preliminaries, particularly staff costs, may be broken down in more detail.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like for like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approximate quantities cost plan.
- Bills of quantities.
- Business plan.
- Cash flow.
- Common arrangement of work sections.
- Contract sum.
- Contract sum analysis.
- Cost consultant.
- Cost plan.
- Elemental cost plan.
- Initial cost appraisals.
- New Rules of Measurement.
- Pre-tender estimate.
- Spon's Price Book.
- Tender documentation.
- Types of bill of quantities.
- Whole-life costs.
Featured articles and news
BRE partner with Global GreenTag to develop an Ethical Labour Sourcing Standard for Australia.
The Chartered Quality Institute explain the pathway to success for organisations implementing management systems.
An introductory article looking at where a duty of care can arise in the construction industry.
House of Lords committee encourages the use of off-site manufacturing in new report.
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can go some way to show the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
The shortlist for the 2018 prize for the UK's best new building is revealed.
Amendment to Bill aims to provide councils with greater powers to increase tax premiums on empty homes.
As the latest summer blockbuster 'Skyscraper' is released, we look at some of the best uses of buildings in film.
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.
New cross-party report calls for combustible cladding ban to be extended to all high-rise residential buildings.