- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Jan 2022
Construction industry institutes and associations A to F
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
See also: Construction industry organisation structure.
This page includes organisations from A to F. Click here to see organisations from G to Z.
- Adjudication Society (AS).
- Advisory Committee for Roofsafety
- Advisory Committee for Roofwork
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board
- Air Tightness Testing and Measurement Association (ATTMA).
- Airtightness Testing Association (ATA).
- Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP)
- Aluminium Federation
- Aluminium Finishing Association
- Aluminium Window Association
- Amalgamated Chimney Engineers (ACE).
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Architects Accredited in Building Conservation (AABC).
- Architects Association of Ireland (AAI).
- Architects Benevolent Society (ABS)
- Architects Council Europe (ACE).
- Architects Declare.
- Architectural Cladding Association
- Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA).
- Asphalt Industry Alliance (AIA).
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC).
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE / ACENET).
- Association for Environment Conscious Building (AECB)
- Association for Project Management (APM).
- Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP).
- Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings (ASCHB)
- Association of Brickwork Contractors.
- Association of British Engineers (ABE)
- Association of Builders' Hardware Manufacturers
- Association of Concrete Industrial Flooring Contractors
- Association of Construction Products and Suppliers (became the Construction Products Association)
- Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors (ACAI).
- Association of Consultant Architects (ACA).
- Association of Ductwork Contractors & Allied Services (ADCAS ).
- Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS).
- Association of Interior Specialists (AIS)
- Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers (ALGAO).
- Association of Noise Consultants (ANC).
- Association of Planning Supervisors
- Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM).
- Association of Self-Build Architects (asba).
- Association of Specialist Underpinning Contractors (ASUC).
- Association of SuDS Authorities (ASA).
- Association of Technical Lightning & Access Specialists (ATLAS)
- Association of Town and City Management (ATCM).
- Association of Wholesale Electrical Bulk Buyers (AWEBB)
- Basement Waterproofing Association.
- Bathroom Manufacturers Association (BMA)
- BEAMA (formerly the British Electrotechnical and Allied Manufacturers' Association)
- Better Buildings Partnership (BBP).
- Board of Architectural Education (BAE)
- Box Culvert Association.
- Brick Development Association (BDA).
- Bridge Joint Association.
- British Adhesives and Sealants Association.
- British Aggregates Association (BAA)
- British Association of Construction Heads (BACH).
- British Association of Landscape Industries. (BALI)
- British Association of Reinforcement (BAR)
- British Association of Seating Equipment Suppliers.
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association.
- British Automatic Sprinkler Association Ltd.
- British Cement Association.
- British Ceramic Confederation.
- British Chemicals Association (BCA).
- British Coatings Federation (BCF).
- British Council for Offices (BCO).
- British Council for School Environments.
- British Adhesives and Sealants Association (BASA)
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA).
- British Constructional Steelwork Association Ltd (BCSA).
- British Drilling Association.
- British Electrotechnical & Allied Manufacturers Association (BEAMA)
- British Fenestration Rating Council (BFRC).
- British Fire Protection Systems Association Limited.
- British Flue and Chimney Manufacturers Association (BFCMA ).
- British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
- British Institute of Interior Design (BIID).
- British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT).
- British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
- British Plastics Federation (BPF)
- British Precast.
- British Precast Drainage Association.
- British Property Federation (BPF).
- British Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
- British Refrigeration Association.
- British Rigid Urethane Foam Manufacturer's Association Limited (BRUFMA).
- British Security Industry Association.
- British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA).
- British Steel Sections.
- British Steel Strip Products.
- British Steel Tubes and Pipes.
- British Standards Institution (bsi)
- British Tunnelling Society.
- British Turf and Landscape Irrigation Association.
- British Urban Regeneration Association (BURA).
- British Wind Energy Association.
- British Woodworking Federation (BWF)
- Build UK.
- Builders Hardware Industry Federation.
- Builders Merchants Federation.
- Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES).
- Building Control Alliance.
- Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA).
- Building Employers Confederation (BEC) now defunct
- Building Engineering Services Association (BESA)
- Building Engineering Services Competence Accreditation (BESCA).
- Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA International).
- Building Safety Alliance.
- Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE).
- Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA).
- Building4Change (part of the BRE).
- Business Sprinkler Alliance (BSA).
- Carbon Trust.
- Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (CIGA)
- Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB)
- Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR)
- Certification Authority for Reinforcing Steels (CARES)
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Construction Industry Group (CIMCIG).
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE).
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
- Chartered Quality Institute (CQI).
- Chartered Society of Designers.
- Chartered Surveyors Training Trust (CSTT).
- Chilled Beams and Ceilings Association (CBCA).
- Council of the Heads of the Built Environment (CHOBE).
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).
- Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG).
- Closed Systems Control Association (CSCA).
- Commissioning Specialists Association (CSA)
- Constructional Engineering Union (CEU).
- Construction, Operations, Maintenance through Innovative Technologies (COMIT)
- Composites UK (includes a Construction Sector Subgroup, formerly the Network Group for Composites in Construction)
- Concrete Pipeline Systems Association (CPSA)
- Concrete Society.
- Confederation of Timber Industries.
- Conference on Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC)
- Construction Wales Innovation Centre (CWIC)
- Continental Automated Buildings Association CABA
- Contractors Legal Group (CLG) (represents main contractors on the Joint Contracts Tribunal)
- Constructing Excellence.
- Construction Alliance.
- Construction Declares.
- Construction Equipment Association (CEA)
- Construction Federation (now defunct)
- Construction Fixings Association (CFA)
- Construction Health and Safety Group (CHSG)
- Construction Industry Board (now the Strategic Forum for Construction)
- Construction Industry Council (CIC).
- Construction Industry Information Group CIIG).
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Construction Industry Research and Information Association (CIRIA).
- Construction Industry Resource Centre Archive (CIRCA)
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
- Construction Institute.
- Construction Knowledge Task Group (CKTG).
- Construction Leadership Council.
- Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA).
- Construction Products Association (CPA).
- Construction Project Information Committee (CPIC).
- Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC).
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Construction Task Force.
- Construction Youth Trust (CYT).
- Consultant Quantity Surveyors Association (CQSA).
- Consumer Council for Water (CCWater)
- Core Innovation Hub (CIH).
- CoreNet Global, The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate.
- Council for Aluminium in Building (CAB).
- Council of Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC).
- Contract Flooring Association.
- Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA).
- Data & Analytics Facility for National Infrastructure (DAFNI).
- Demolition Contractors' Association.
- Design-Build Institute of America DBIA.
- Digital Framework Task Group (DFTG) See Digital Built Britain.
- Door & Hardware Federation (DHF)
- Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA)
- Electric Heating and Ventilation Association (TEHVA).
- Energy Networks Association (ENA).
- Energy Transitions Commission (ETC),
- Engineered Panels in Construction (EPIC).
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
- Engineering Council.
- Engineering Industry Training Board (EITB).
- European Construction Institute (ECI).
- European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA).
- European Liquid Roofing Association.
- European Network of Construction Companies for Research and Development (ENCORD).
- European Phenolic Foam Association (EPFA)
- Exterior Insulation Members Association (EIMA)
- Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS)
- Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors (FCEC) - dissolved in November 1996 and superseded by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA)
- Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- Federation of Master Builders.
- Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS).
- Finishes and Interiors Sector (FIS).
- Fire Protection Association (FPA).
- Forum for the Built Environment (formerly the Faculty of Building)
- Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA).
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A brief description of time in the sun.
Given by ICE President Ed McCann.
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !