Construction industry institutes and associations A to F
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
See also: Construction industry organisation structure.
This page includes organisations from A to F. Click here to see organisations from G to Z.
- Adjudication Society (AS).
- Air Tightness Testing and Measurement Association (ATTMA).
- Airtightness Testing Association (ATA).
- Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP)
- Amalgamated Chimney Engineers (ACE).
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Architects Accredited in Building Conservation (AABC).
- Architects Association of Ireland (AAI).
- Architects Benevolent Society (ABS)
- Architects Council Europe (ACE).
- Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA).
- Asphalt Industry Alliance (AIA).
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE / ACENET).
- Association for Environment Conscious Building (AECB)
- Association for Project Management (APM).
- Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP).
- Association of British Engineers (ABE)
- Association of Construction Products and Suppliers (became the Construction Products Association)
- Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors (ACAI).
- Association of Consultant Architects (ACA).
- Association of Ductwork Contractors & Allied Services (ADCAS ).
- Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS).
- Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers (ALGAO).
- Association of Noise Consultants (ANC).
- Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM).
- Association of Self-Build Architects (asba).
- Association of Specialist Underpinning Contractors (ASUC).
- Association of Technical Lightning & Access Specialists (ATLAS)
- Association of Town and City Management (ATCM).
- Basement Waterproofing Association.
- Bathroom Manufacturers Association (BMA)
- Better Buildings Partnership (BBP).
- Board of Architectural Education (BAE)
- Brick Development Association (BDA).
- British Aggregates Association (BAA)
- British Association of Construction Heads (BACH).
- British Association of Landscape Industries. (BALI)
- British Ceramic Confederation.
- British Coatings Federation (BCF).
- British Council for Offices (BCO).
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA).
- British Constructional Steelwork Association Ltd (BCSA).
- British Drilling Association.
- British Electrotechnical & Allied Manufacturers Association (BEAMA)
- British Fenestration Rating Council (BFRC).
- British Flue and Chimney Manufacturers Association (BFCMA ).
- British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
- British Institute of Interior Design (BIID).
- British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT).
- British Plastics Federation (BPF)
- British Precast.
- British Property Federation (BPF).
- British Adhesives and Sealants Association (BASA)
- British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA).
- British Tunnelling Society.
- British Urban Regeneration Association (BURA).
- British Woodworking Federation (BWF)
- Build UK.
- Builders Merchants Federation.
- Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES).
- Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA).
- Building Employers Confederation (BEC) now defunct
- Building Engineering Services Association (BESA)
- Building Engineering Services Competence Accreditation (BESCA).
- Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA).
- Building4Change (part of the BRE).
- Business Sprinkler Alliance (BSA).
- Carbon Trust.
- Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (CIGA)
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Construction Industry Group (CIMCIG).
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE).
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
- Chartered Quality Institute (CQI).
- Chartered Society of Designers.
- Chilled Beams and Ceilings Association (CBCA).
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).
- Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG).
- Commissioning Specialists Association (CSA)
- Concrete Society.
- Confederation of Timber Industries.
- Conference on Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC)
- Contractors Legal Group (CLG) (represents main contractors on the Joint Contracts Tribunal)
- Constructing Excellence.
- Construction Alliance.
- Construction Equipment Association (CEA)
- Construction Federation (now defunct)
- Construction Fixings Association (CFA)
- Construction Industry Board (now the Strategic Forum for Construction)
- Construction Industry Council (CIC).
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Construction Industry Research and Information Association (CIRIA).
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
- Construction Institute.
- Construction Leadership Council.
- Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA).
- Construction Products Association (CPA).
- Construction Project Information Committee (CPIC).
- Construction Task Force.
- Construction Youth Trust (CYT).
- Consultant Quantity Surveyors Association (CQSA).
- CoreNet Global, The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate.
- Council for Aluminium in Building (CAB).
- Council of Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC).
- Contract Flooring Association.
- Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA).
- Door & Hardware Federation (DHF)
- Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA)
- Electric Heating and Ventilation Association (TEHVA).
- Engineered Panels in Construction (EPIC).
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
- Engineering Council.
- European Construction Institute (ECI).
- European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA).
- European Liquid Roofing Association.
- European Network of Construction Companies for Research and Development (ENCORD).
- European Phenolic Foam Association (EPFA)
- Exterior Insulation Members Association (EIMA)
- Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS)
- Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors (FCEC) - dissolved in November 1996 and superseded by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA)
- Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- Federation of Master Builders.
- Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS).
- Finishes and Interiors Sector (FIS).
- Fire Protection Association (FPA).
- Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
This article explains the Buildings Regulations completion certificate, what it is, and when its needed.
Graphene has many potential applications, but when will it start being used in civil engineering?
Increasing productivity – now more than ever as we lead up to Brexit – should be the sector’s number one priority in 2018.
Carillion's collapse causes Construction Leadership Council to delay the construction sector deal report.
Urban Heritage, Development and Sustainability: international frameworks, national and local guidance.
What will the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) mean for you when they come into force in May?
Business Secretary chairs a new taskforce to monitor and advise on mitigating the impacts of Carillion’s liquidation.
Sir John Armitt is appointed the new chair of the National Infrastructure Commission.
High quality and high density homes - is it what we need or is it storing up trouble?
Government announces its intention to strengthen planning rules to protect music venues and neighbours.
National Audit Office reports that there is little evidence that PFI offers better value than other forms of contracting.
What is liquidation and how does it apply to contractors in the construction industry?