Construction industry institutes and associations A to F
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
This page includes organisations from A to F. Click here to see organisations from G to Z.
- Adjudication Society (AS).
- Air Tightness Testing and Measurement Association (ATTMA).
- Airtightness Testing Association (ATA).
- Amalgamated Chimney Engineers (ACE).
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- Architects Accredited in Building Conservation (AABC).
- Architects Association of Ireland (AAI).
- Architects Council Europe (ACE).
- Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA).
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE / ACENET).
- Association for Project Management (APM).
- Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP).
- Association of British Engineers (ABE)
- Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors (ACAI).
- Association of Consultant Architects (ACA).
- Association of Ductwork Contractors & Allied Services (ADCAS ).
- Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS).
- Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers (ALGAO).
- Association of Noise Consultants (ANC).
- Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Association of Self-Build Architects (asba).
- Association of Town and City Management (ATCM).
- Basement Waterproofing Association.
- Better Buildings Partnership (BBP).
- Board of Architectural Education (BAE)
- Brick Development Association (BDA).
- British Association of Construction Heads (BACH).
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA).
- British Constructional Steelwork Association Ltd (BCSA).
- British Drilling Association.
- British Fenestration Rating Council (BFRC).
- British Flue and Chimney Manufacturers Association (BFCMA ).
- British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
- British Institute of Interior Design.
- British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT).
- British Property Federation (BPF).
- British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA).
- British Tunnelling Society.
- British Urban Regeneration Association (BURA).
- Build UK.
- Builders Merchants Federation.
- Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES).
- Building Employers Confederation (BEC) now defunct
- Building Engineering Services Association (BESA)
- Building Engineering Services Competence Accreditation (BESCA).
- Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA).
- Building4Change (part of the BRE).
- Carbon Trust.
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Construction Industry Group (CIMCIG).
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE).
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
- Chartered Quality Institute (CQI).
- Chartered Society of Designers.
- Chilled Beams and Ceilings Association (CBCA).
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).
- Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG).
- Commissioning Specialists Association (CSA)
- Concrete Society.
- Confederation of Timber Industries.
- Conference on Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC)
- Constructing Excellence.
- Construction Alliance.
- Construction Equipment Association (CEA)
- Construction Federation (now defunct)
- Construction Industry Board (now the Strategic Forum for Construction)
- Construction Industry Council (CIC).
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Construction Industry Research and Information Association (CIRIA).
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
- Construction Leadership Council.
- Construction Products Association.
- Construction Project Information Committee (CPIC).
- Construction Task Force.
- Construction Youth Trust (CYT).
- Consultant Quantity Surveyors Association (CQSA).
- CoreNet Global, The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate.
- Council of Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC).
- Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA)
- Engineered Panels in Construction (EPIC).
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
- Engineering Council.
- European Construction Institute (ECI).
- European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA).
- European Network of Construction Companies for Research and Development (ENCORD).
- Exterior Insulation Members Association (EIMA)
- Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS)
- Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors (FCEC) - dissolved in November 1996 and superseded by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA)
- Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- Federation of Master Builders.
- Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS).
- Fire Protection Association (FPA).
- Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Read about RSHP's British Museum extension which has been shortlisted for the 2017 Stirling Prize.
Read our introductory article to building a house extension.
More updates from DCMS about the large-scale testing of cladding systems and the number of buildings affected.
UandI secure resolution to grant planning consent for major new regeneration project.
IHBC article considers how heritage is dealt with when infrastructure schemes are authorised.
It was the tallest structure in the world for 3,800 years, but to this day the exact construction techniques are a mystery.
Shortlist for the industry's most coveted award announced.
Government responds to Mark Farmer's review of industry, rejecting the call for a levy on clients.
Peter Hansford to examine what wider lessons can be learned from the fire.
Every project is subject to uncertainty. How can construction better understand uncertainty for performance improvement?
MAD Architects reveal their designs for a futuristic campus for electric car manufacturer.
Homebuyers could borrow more with better forecasting of energy bills, according to industry consortium's new report.
Read our introductory article on carbon capture and storage.