Construction industry institutes and associations A to F
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
This page includes organisations from A to F. Click here to see organisations from G to Z.
- Adjudication Society (AS).
- Air Tightness Testing and Measurement Association (ATTMA).
- Airtightness Testing Association (ATA).
- Amalgamated Chimney Engineers (ACE).
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- Architects Accredited in Building Conservation (AABC).
- Architects Association of Ireland (AAI).
- Architects Council Europe (ACE).
- Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA).
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE / ACENET).
- Association for Project Management (APM).
- Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP).
- Association of British Engineers (ABE)
- Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors (ACAI).
- Association of Consultant Architects (ACA).
- Association of Ductwork Contractors & Allied Services (ADCAS ).
- Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS).
- Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers (ALGAO).
- Association of Noise Consultants (ANC).
- Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Association of Self-Build Architects (asba).
- Association of Town and City Management (ATCM).
- Basement Waterproofing Association.
- Better Buildings Partnership (BBP).
- Board of Architectural Education (BAE)
- Brick Development Association (BDA).
- British Association of Construction Heads (BACH).
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA).
- British Constructional Steelwork Association Ltd (BCSA).
- British Drilling Association.
- British Fenestration Rating Council (BFRC).
- British Flue and Chimney Manufacturers Association (BFCMA ).
- British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
- British Institute of Interior Design.
- British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT).
- British Property Federation (BPF).
- British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA).
- British Tunnelling Society.
- British Urban Regeneration Association (BURA).
- Build UK.
- Builders Merchants Federation.
- Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES).
- Building Employers Confederation (BEC) now defunct
- Building Engineering Services Association (BESA)
- Building Engineering Services Competence Accreditation (BESCA).
- Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA).
- Building4Change (part of the BRE).
- Carbon Trust.
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Construction Industry Group (CIMCIG).
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE).
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
- Chartered Society of Designers.
- Chilled Beams and Ceilings Association (CBCA).
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).
- Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG).
- Commissioning Specialists Association (CSA)
- Concrete Society.
- Confederation of Timber Industries.
- Conference on Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC)
- Constructing Excellence.
- Construction Alliance.
- Construction Equipment Association (CEA)
- Construction Federation (now defunct)
- Construction Industry Board (now the Strategic Forum for Construction)
- Construction Industry Council (CIC).
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Construction Industry Research and Information Association (CIRIA).
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
- Construction Leadership Council.
- Construction Products Association.
- Construction Project Information Committee (CPIC).
- Construction Task Force.
- Construction Youth Trust (CYT).
- Consultant Quantity Surveyors Association (CQSA).
- CoreNet Global, The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate.
- Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA)
- Engineered Panels in Construction (EPIC).
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
- Engineering Council.
- European Construction Institute (ECI).
- European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA).
- European Network of Construction Companies for Research and Development (ENCORD).
- Exterior Insulation Members Association (EIMA)
- Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS)
- Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors (FCEC) - dissolved in November 1996 and superseded by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA)
- Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- Federation of Master Builders.
- Federation of Piling Specialists.
- Fire Protection Association (FPA).
- Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Have a look at this incredible Möbius strip-inspired media centre in Beijing.
OMA's plans for new arts centre to revitalise city's culture given planning approval.
Select committee criticises DEFRA for failing to take up its recommendations.
Nicola Sturgeon presents ICE's People's Choice Award to the Forth Road Bridge reopening.
Green paper published for consultation.
Mental health issues affect 80% of construction workers. Read our interview with the founders of a new wellbeing initiative.
Would Stephenson be disappointed by the lack of progress on the high speed transport of Hyperloop?
The immersive pop-up cinema experience that could revolutionise on-site health and safety training.
5 out of 10 filtering facepieces fail HSE tests.
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.