- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Dec 2019
Construction industry institutes and associations A to F
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
See also: Construction industry organisation structure.
This page includes organisations from A to F. Click here to see organisations from G to Z.
- Adjudication Society (AS).
- Advisory Committee for Roofsafety
- Advisory Committee for Roofwork
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board
- Air Tightness Testing and Measurement Association (ATTMA).
- Airtightness Testing Association (ATA).
- Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP)
- Aluminium Federation
- Aluminium Finishing Association
- Aluminium Window Association
- Amalgamated Chimney Engineers (ACE).
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Architects Accredited in Building Conservation (AABC).
- Architects Association of Ireland (AAI).
- Architects Benevolent Society (ABS)
- Architects Council Europe (ACE).
- Architectural Cladding Association
- Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA).
- Asphalt Industry Alliance (AIA).
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE / ACENET).
- Association for Environment Conscious Building (AECB)
- Association for Project Management (APM).
- Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP).
- Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings (ASCHB)
- Association of British Engineers (ABE)
- Association of Builders' Hardware Manufacturers
- Association of Concrete Industrial Flooring Contractors
- Association of Construction Products and Suppliers (became the Construction Products Association)
- Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors (ACAI).
- Association of Consultant Architects (ACA).
- Association of Ductwork Contractors & Allied Services (ADCAS ).
- Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS).
- Association of Interior Specialists (AIS)
- Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers (ALGAO).
- Association of Noise Consultants (ANC).
- Association of Planning Supervisors
- Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM).
- Association of Self-Build Architects (asba).
- Association of Specialist Underpinning Contractors (ASUC).
- Association of SuDS Authorities (ASA).
- Association of Technical Lightning & Access Specialists (ATLAS)
- Association of Town and City Management (ATCM).
- Basement Waterproofing Association.
- Bathroom Manufacturers Association (BMA)
- Better Buildings Partnership (BBP).
- Board of Architectural Education (BAE)
- Box Culvert Association.
- Brick Development Association (BDA).
- Bridge Joint Association.
- British Adhesives and Sealants Association.
- British Aggregates Association (BAA)
- British Association of Construction Heads (BACH).
- British Association of Landscape Industries. (BALI)
- British Association of Reinforcement (BAR)
- British Association of Seating Equipment Suppliers.
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association.
- British Automatic Sprinkler Association Ltd.
- British Cement Association.
- British Ceramic Confederation.
- British Coatings Federation (BCF).
- British Council for Offices (BCO).
- British Council for School Environments.
- British Adhesives and Sealants Association (BASA)
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA).
- British Constructional Steelwork Association Ltd (BCSA).
- British Council for Offices (BCO)
- British Drilling Association.
- British Electrotechnical & Allied Manufacturers Association (BEAMA)
- British Fenestration Rating Council (BFRC).
- British Fire Protection Systems Association Limited.
- British Flue and Chimney Manufacturers Association (BFCMA ).
- British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
- British Institute of Interior Design (BIID).
- British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT).
- British Plastics Federation (BPF)
- British Precast.
- British Precast Drainage Association.
- British Property Federation (BPF).
- British Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
- British Refrigeration Association.
- British Rigid Urethane Foam Manufacturer's Association Limited (BRUFMA).
- British Security Industry Association.
- British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA).
- British Steel Sections.
- British Steel Strip Products.
- British Steel Tubes and Pipes.
- British Standards Institution (bsi)
- British Tunnelling Society.
- British Turf and Landscape Irrigation Association.
- British Urban Regeneration Association (BURA).
- British Wind Energy Association.
- British Woodworking Federation (BWF)
- Build UK.
- Builders Hardware Industry Federation.
- Builders Merchants Federation.
- Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES).
- Building Control Alliance.
- Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA).
- Building Employers Confederation (BEC) now defunct
- Building Engineering Services Association (BESA)
- Building Engineering Services Competence Accreditation (BESCA).
- Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA).
- Building4Change (part of the BRE).
- Business Sprinkler Alliance (BSA).
- Carbon Trust.
- Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (CIGA)
- Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB)
- Certification Authority for Reinforcing Steels (CARES)
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Construction Industry Group (CIMCIG).
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE).
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
- Chartered Quality Institute (CQI).
- Chartered Society of Designers.
- Chartered Surveyors Training Trust (CSTT).
- Chilled Beams and Ceilings Association (CBCA).
- Council of the Heads of the Built Environment (CHOBE).
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).
- Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG).
- Commissioning Specialists Association (CSA)
- Concrete Pipeline Systems Association (CPSA)
- Concrete Society.
- Confederation of Timber Industries.
- Conference on Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC)
- Contractors Legal Group (CLG) (represents main contractors on the Joint Contracts Tribunal)
- Constructing Excellence.
- Construction Alliance.
- Construction Equipment Association (CEA)
- Construction Federation (now defunct)
- Construction Fixings Association (CFA)
- Construction Industry Board (now the Strategic Forum for Construction)
- Construction Industry Council (CIC).
- Construction Industry Information Group CIIG).
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Construction Industry Research and Information Association (CIRIA).
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
- Construction Institute.
- Construction Knowledge Task Group (CKTG).
- Construction Leadership Council.
- Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA).
- Construction Products Association (CPA).
- Construction Project Information Committee (CPIC).
- Construction Task Force.
- Construction Youth Trust (CYT).
- Consultant Quantity Surveyors Association (CQSA).
- Core Innovation Hub (CIH).
- CoreNet Global, The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate.
- Council for Aluminium in Building (CAB).
- Council of Training in Architectural Conservation (COTAC).
- Contract Flooring Association.
- Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA).
- Data & Analytics Facility for National Infrastructure (DAFNI).
- Demolition Contractors' Association.
- Digital Framework Task Group (DFTG) See Digital Built Britain.
- Door & Hardware Federation (DHF)
- Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA)
- Electric Heating and Ventilation Association (TEHVA).
- Engineered Panels in Construction (EPIC).
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
- Engineering Council.
- European Construction Institute (ECI).
- European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA).
- European Liquid Roofing Association.
- European Network of Construction Companies for Research and Development (ENCORD).
- European Phenolic Foam Association (EPFA)
- Exterior Insulation Members Association (EIMA)
- Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS)
- Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors (FCEC) - dissolved in November 1996 and superseded by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA)
- Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA).
- Federation of Master Builders.
- Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS).
- Finishes and Interiors Sector (FIS).
- Fire Protection Association (FPA).
- Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA).
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A lighthouse history from Eddystone to Fastnet. Book review.
Telling the story of the Government Code and Cipher School.
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.
The growth of megacities.
The restoration of Big Ben
Improving fire-safety design with computer modelling.
Sound insulation testing.
Making commercial property more efficient.
SF6 is at the heart of the electrical industry.
Caring for graves and memorials at 23,000 locations.
A return to historical forms and local identities. Book review.
Black water recycling.