Construction industry institutes and associations G to Z
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
This page includes organisations from G to Z. Click here to see organisations from A to F.
- Good Homes Alliance.
- Green Building Alliance.
- Green Construction Board.
- Ground Forum (GF)
- Ground Source Heat Pump Association.
- Heat Pump Association (HPA)
- Heating Equipment Testing and Approval Scheme (HETAS)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Manufacturer's Association (HEVAC).
- Historic Houses Association (HHA)
- Home Builders Federation (HBF).
- Housing & Finance Institute (HFI).
- Institute of Building Control / Building Control Forum (IBC)
- Institute of Clerk of Works (ICW)
- Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
- Institute of Carpenters (IOC)
- Institute of Concrete Technology (ICT).
- Institute of Construction Claims Practitioners (ICCP)
- Institute of Construction Safety (ICS).
- Institute of Demolition Engineers (IDE).
- Institute of Economic Development (IED).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institute of Field Archaeologists (IFA).
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers (ISSE).
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) - merged with the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE) to form the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructe).
- International Construction Bureau (ICB).
- International Construction Information Society (ICIS).
- International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB - former Conseil International du Bâtiment or International Council for Building).
- International Factility Management Association (IFMA).
- Joint Council for Landscape Industries (JCLI).
- Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES).
- Landscape Institute (LI)
- Lean Construction Institute.
- Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- Local Authorities Building Control (LABC).
- Metal Cladding & Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA ).
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network (MBEKTN).
- National Approval Council for Security Alarms (NACOSS).
- National Association of Chimney Engineers (NACE).
- National Custom & Self Build Association (NaCSBA).
- National Federation of Builders (NFB).
- National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC).
- National Fireplace Association (NFA).
- National Home Improvement Council (NHIC).
- National House Building Council (NHBC).
- National Infrastructure Planning Association (NIPA).
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NECEIC).
- National Insulation Association (NIA).
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- National Self Build Association (NSBA).
- National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC). Become Build UK.
- Passive House Institute (PHI).
- Planning Officers Society (POS).
- Property Care Association (PCA).
- Property Litigation Association (PLA).
- Residential Ventilation Association (RVA).
- Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE).
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Royal Society of Architects in Wales (RSAW).
- Royal Society of Ulster Architects (RSUA).
- Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA).
- Society for the Environment (SocEnv).
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB).
- Society of British and International Design (SBID).
- Society of Chief Architects of Local Authorities (SCALA).
- Society of Construction Law (SCL).
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (SCA).
- Solar Trade Association.
- Standing Committee on Structural Safety (SCOSS).
- Steel Construction Institute (SCI).
- Steel for life.
- Strategic Forum for Construction.
- Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA).
- The Association of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS).
- The Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM).
- The Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA).
- The Construction Confederation (defunct) (CC).
- The Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA).
- The Edge.
- The Electric Heating and Ventilation Association (TEHVA).
- The National Access And Scaffolding Confederation (NASC).
- The Specialist Engineering Contractors' (SEC) Group.
- The Technology and Construction Court Bar Association (TecBar).
- The Technology and Construction Solicitors' Association (TeSCA).
- The Usable Buildings Trust (UBT).
- Timber Research and Development Association (TRADA).
- Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA).
- Trade Association Forum.
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- UK Contractors Group (UKCG). Became Build UK.
- UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC).
- UK Thermography Association (UKTA).
- Union of construction, Allied Trades and Technicians (UCATT)
- United Kingdom Federation of Builders (UKFB)
- Urban Land Institute UK.
- World Green Building Council.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
We review a book aiming to unpick the complexities of building physics.
An introduction to the categories, procedures and types of listed buildings.
This Australian robotics firm have developed a bricklaying machine capable of building a house in 3 days.
20bn devices will be online by 2020, generating huge volumes of information. Is society making the most of this rich data?
Built over a period of 632 years, Cologne Cathedral is considered one of the world's finest examples of Gothic architecture.
UandI adds £1.5bn to development pipeline.
Here are 5 things leaders can do to create a truly circular economy.
Find out about the different types of delays on construction projects.
Researchers at Wien university have developed new system to create an inflatable concrete structure.
Take a look at this newly-opened tower in Chicago with a remarkable 20:1 height-to-base ratio.
The principles, practice and formwork of one of the most important components of modern architecture.