Construction industry institutes and associations G to Z
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
This page includes organisations from G to Z. Click here to see organisations from A to F.
- Good Homes Alliance.
- Green Building Alliance.
- Green Construction Board.
- Ground Forum (GF)
- Ground Source Heat Pump Association.
- Heat Pump Association (HPA)
- Heating Equipment Testing and Approval Scheme (HETAS)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Manufacturer's Association (HEVAC).
- Historic Houses Association (HHA)
- Home Builders Federation (HBF).
- Housing & Finance Institute (HFI).
- Institute of Building Control / Building Control Forum (IBC)
- Institute of Clerk of Works (ICW)
- Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
- Institute of Concrete Technology (ICT).
- Institute of Construction Safety (ICS).
- Institute of Demolition Engineers (IDE).
- Institute of Economic Development (IED).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institute of Field Archaeologists (IFA).
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers (ISSE).
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) - merged with the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE) to form the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructe).
- International Construction Bureau (ICB).
- International Construction Information Society (ICIS).
- International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB - former Conseil International du Bâtiment or International Council for Building).
- International Factility Management Association (IFMA).
- Joint Council for Landscape Industries (JCLI).
- Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES).
- Landscape Institute (LI)
- Lean Construction Institute.
- Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- Local Authorities Building Control (LABC).
- Metal Cladding & Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA ).
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network (MBEKTN).
- National Approval Council for Security Alarms (NACOSS).
- National Association of Chimney Engineers (NACE).
- National Custom & Self Build Association (NaCSBA).
- National Federation of Builders (NFB).
- National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC).
- National Fireplace Association (NFA).
- National House Building Council (NHBC).
- National Infrastructure Planning Association (NIPA).
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NECEIC).
- National Insulation Association (NIA).
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- National Self Build Association (NSBA).
- National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC). Become Build UK.
- Passive House Institute (PHI).
- Planning Officers Society (POS).
- Property Care Association (PCA).
- Property Litigation Association (PLA).
- Residential Ventilation Association (RVA).
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Royal Society of Architects in Wales (RSAW).
- Royal Society of Ulster Architects (RSUA).
- Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA).
- Society for the Environment (SocEnv).
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB).
- Society of British and International Design (SBID).
- Society of Chief Architects of Local Authorities (SCALA).
- Society of Construction Law (SCL).
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (SCA).
- Solar Trade Association.
- Standing Committee on Structural Safety (SCOSS).
- Steel Construction Institute (SCI).
- Steel for life.
- Strategic Forum for Construction.
- Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA).
- The Association of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS).
- The Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM).
- The Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA).
- The Construction Confederation (defunct) (CC).
- The Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA).
- The Edge.
- The Electric Heating and Ventilation Association (TEHVA).
- The National Access And Scaffolding Confederation (NASC).
- The Specialist Engineering Contractors' (SEC) Group.
- The Technology and Construction Court Bar Association (TecBar).
- The Technology and Construction Solicitors' Association (TeSCA).
- The Usable Buildings Trust (UBT).
- Timber Research and Development Association (TRADA).
- Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA).
- Trade Association Forum.
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- UK Contractors Group (UKCG). Became Build UK.
- UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC).
- UK Thermography Association (UKTA).
- Union of construction, Allied Trades and Technicians (UCATT)
- United Kingdom Federation of Builders (UKFB)
- Urban Land Institute UK.
- World Green Building Council.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.
Inaugurated last week, the new Elbphilharmonie concert venue; a soaring new addition to Hamburg's skyline.
Summary of a new ICE Transport journal which says improving transport infrastructure is essential to eradicating global poverty.
BRE look at a new government report into the accuracy of heat meters.
Herzog & de Meuron get planning permission for revamp of Chelsea FC football stadium.
UK-GBC green paper proposes more powers for cities on new-build housing.
The Pompidou Centre – not a monument but an event.
The Chartered Institute of Building restructures and launches 29 new local hubs.
Designing Buildings Wiki talks to the founder of the world's first indoor biophilic gym, now open in London.
£1.3bn Swansea Bay project to be backed as a 'pathfinder' for other tidal lagoon projects.
Designs released for a proposed Las Vegas stadium to entice the Oakland Raiders.
Have a look at these award-winning concept designs for a thermal bath in Latvia.