- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Jul 2018
Construction industry institutes and associations G to Z
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
See also: Construction industry organisation structure.
This page includes organisations from G to Z. Click here to see organisations from A to F.
- Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF)
- Good Homes Alliance.
- Green Building Alliance.
- Green Construction Board.
- Ground Forum (GF)
- Ground Source Heat Pump Association.
- Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI)
- Guild of Builders and Contractors.
- Heat Pump Association (HPA)
- Heating Equipment Testing and Approval Scheme (HETAS)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Manufacturer's Association (HEVAC).
- Historic Houses Association (HHA)
- House Builders Association (HBA - part of the National Federation of Builders)
- Home Builders Federation (HBF).
- Housing & Finance Institute (HFI).
- Infrastructure Industry Innovation Platform (i3P)
- Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA)
- Institute of Building Control / Building Control Forum (IBC)
- Institute of Clerk of Works (ICW)
- Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
- Institute of Carpenters (IOC)
- Institute of Concrete Technology (ICT).
- Institute of Construction Claims Practitioners (ICCP)
- Institute of Construction Safety (ICS).
- Institute of Demolition Engineers (IDE).
- Institute of Economic Development (IED).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institute of Field Archaeologists (IFA).
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Institute of Roofing. (IoR)
- Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers (ISSE).
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) - merged with the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE) to form the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructe).
- Insulation Manufacturers Association.
- International Construction Bureau (ICB).
- International Construction Information Society (ICIS).
- International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB - former Conseil International du Bâtiment or International Council for Building).
- International Factility Management Association (IFMA).
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Joint Council for Landscape Industries (JCLI).
- Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES).
- Joint Taxation Committee (JTC)
- Landscape Institute (LI)
- Lead Sheet Association.
- Lean Construction Institute.
- Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- Local Authorities Building Control (LABC).
- Major Projects Association (MPA)
- Metal Cladding & Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA ).
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network (MBEKTN).
- Modular and Portable Building Association (MPBA)
- National Access And Scaffolding Confederation (NASC).
- National Approval Council for Security Alarms (NACOSS).
- National Association of Chimney Engineers (NACE).
- National Association of Rooflight Manufacturers (NARM)
- National Association of Shopfitters (NAS)
- National Council of Building Materials Producers (Became the Construction Products Association)
- National Custom & Self Build Association (NaCSBA).
- National Federation of Builders (NFB).
- National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC).
- National Federation of Roofing Contractors Limited. (NFRC)
- National Fireplace Association (NFA).
- National Home Improvement Council (NHIC).
- National House Building Council (NHBC).
- National Infrastructure Planning Association (NIPA).
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NECEIC).
- National Insulation Association (NIA).
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- National Self Build Association (NSBA).
- National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC). Became Build UK.
- Office of Government Property.
- Party Wall Academy (PWA)
- Passive House Institute (PHI).
- Planning Officers Society (POS).
- Property Care Association (PCA).
- Property Litigation Association (PLA).
- Residential Ventilation Association (RVA).
- Road Surface Treatments Association (RSTA).
- Roof Tile Association.
- Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE).
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Royal Society of Architects in Wales (RSAW).
- Royal Society of Ulster Architects (RSUA).
- Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Scaffolding Association.
- Scottish Building Federation (SBF)
- Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA).
- Specialist Engineering Contractors' (SEC) Group.
- Society for the Environment (SocEnv).
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB).
- Society of British and International Design (SBID).
- Society of Chief Architects of Local Authorities (SCALA).
- Society of Construction Law (SCL).
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (SCA).
- Society of Digital Engineering (SDE).
- Society of Public Health Engineers (SoPHE).
- Solar Trade Association.
- Standing Committee on Structural Safety (SCOSS).
- Steel Construction Institute (SCI).
- Steel for life.
- Steel Window Association.
- Strategic Forum for Construction.
- Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA).
- Technology and Construction Court Bar Association (TecBar).
- Technology and Construction Solicitors' Association (TeSCA).
- Temporary Works Forum (TWF).
- The Edge.
- The Institute of Construction Management (ICM).
- Tile Association.
- Timber Research and Development Association (TRADA).
- Timber Trade Federation (TTF)
- Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA).
- Trade Association Forum.
- UK Contractors Group (UKCG). Became Build UK.
- UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC).
- UK Thermography Association (UKTA).
- Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians (UCATT)
- United Kingdom Cast Stone Association (UKCSA)
- United Kingdom Federation of Builders (UKFB)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Usable Buildings Trust (UBT)
- Wood Panel Industries Federation (WPIF)
- World Green Building Council.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Driven piles are used to support buildings, walls and bridges, and can be the most cost-effective deep foundation solution.
Australian landmark celebrates achievement of carbon neutral status five years ahead of schedule.
Non-material amendments can sometimes be necessary after planning permission has been granted. Find out more here.
Six things civil engineers could do to ensure the success of projects.
Dublin housing crisis restricts employers' ability to recruit, according to new U+I research.
Intricate inlays and beautiful patterns can be created with waterjet cutting.
Two historic quarries in environmentally sensitive areas were reopened to repair Exeter Cathedral.
The phrase ‘time at large’ describes the situation where there is no date for completion, or it has become invalid.
The Maldives is under threat from climate change. Read this report from BRE on their potential involvement in the region.
MHCLG update states there are still 124 private high-rise buildings with unsafe cladding and no remediation plan.