- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 10 Jun 2021
Construction industry institutes and associations G to Z
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
See also: Construction industry organisation structure.
This page includes organisations from G to Z. Click here to see organisations from A to F.
- Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF)
- Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA)
- Global Wallcoverings Association (IGI)
- Good Homes Alliance.
- Green Building Alliance.
- Green Business Certification Inc (GBCI)
- Green Construction Board.
- Green Technical Advisory Group GTAG.
- Ground Forum (GF)
- Ground Source Heat Pump Association.
- Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI)
- Guild of Builders and Contractors.
- Heat Pump Association (HPA)
- Heating Equipment Testing and Approval Scheme (HETAS)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Manufacturer's Association (HEVAC).
- Heating & Ventilating Contractors Association (HVCA)
- Historic Houses Association (HHA)
- House Builders Association (HBA - part of the National Federation of Builders)
- Home Builders Federation (HBF).
- Housing & Finance Institute (HFI).
- Infrastructure Industry Innovation Platform (i3P)
- Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA)
- Institute of Acoustics. (IOA)
- Institute of Air Qaulity Management (IAQM)
- Institute of Building Control / Building Control Forum (IBC)
- Institute of Clerk of Works (ICW)
- Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
- Institute of Carpenters (IOC)
- Institute of Concrete Technology (ICT).
- Institute of Construction Claims Practitioners (ICCP)
- Institute of Construction Safety (ICS).
- Institute of Demolition Engineers (IDE).
- Institute of Economic Development (IED).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Institute of Field Archaeologists (IFA).
- Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE).
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Institute of Real Estate Management IREM
- Institute of Roofing. (IoR)
- Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers (ISSE).
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- Institute of Construction Claims Practitioners (ICCP).
- Institute of Water.
- Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management IWFM.
- Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) - merged with the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE) to form the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Institution of Fire Engineers. IFE
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Institute of Party Wall Surveyors (IPWS)
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructe).
- Insulation Manufacturers Association.
- Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI)
- International Construction Bureau (ICB).
- International Construction Information Society (ICIS).
- International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB - former Conseil International du Bâtiment or International Council for Building).
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- International Factility Management Association (IFMA).
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Joint Council for Landscape Industries (JCLI).
- Joint Industry Board for the Electrical Contracting Industry (JIB)
- Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES).
- Joint Taxation Committee (JTC)
- Landscape Institute (LI)
- Lead Sheet Association.
- Lean Construction Institute.
- Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- Local Authorities Building Control (LABC).
- London Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI)
- Major Contractors Group (Part of the National Federation of Builders)
- Major Projects Association (MPA)
- Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA England).
- Metal Cladding & Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA ).
- Mineral Products Association (MPA).
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network (MBEKTN).
- Modular and Portable Building Association (MPBA)
- National Access And Scaffolding Confederation (NASC).
- National Approval Council for Security Alarms (NACOSS).
- National Association of Chimney Engineers (NACE).
- National Association of Rooflight Manufacturers (NARM)
- National Association of Shopfitters (NAS)
- National Council of Building Materials Producers (Became the Construction Products Association)
- National Custom & Self Build Association (NaCSBA).
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
- National Federation of Builders (NFB).
- National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC).
- National Federation of Roofing Contractors Limited. (NFRC)
- National Fireplace Association (NFA).
- National Home Improvement Council (NHIC).
- National House Building Council (NHBC).
- National Infrastructure Planning Association (NIPA).
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NECEIC).
- National Insulation Association (NIA).
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- National Self Build Association (NSBA).
- National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC). Became Build UK.
- Office of Government Property.
- Party Wall Academy (PWA)
- Passive House Institute (PHI).
- Planning Officers Society (POS).
- Property Care Association (PCA).
- Property Litigation Association (PLA).
- Residential Ventilation Association (RVA).
- Road Surface Treatments Association (RSTA).
- Roof Tile Association.
- Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE).
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).
- Royal Society of Architects in Wales (RSAW).
- Royal Society of Ulster Architects (RSUA).
- Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Scaffolding Association.
- Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers' Federation (SNIPEF)
- Scottish Building Federation (SBF)
- Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust (SECTT)
- Scottish Joint Industry Board (SJIB)
- Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA).
- Specialist Engineering Contractors' (SEC) Group.
- Society for the Environment (SocEnv).
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB).
- Society of British and International Design (SBID).
- Society of Chief Architects of Local Authorities (SCALA).
- Society of Construction Law (SCL).
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (SCA).
- Society of Digital Engineering (SDE).
- Society of Light and Lighting (SLL).
- Society of Public Health Engineers (SoPHE).
- Solar Trade Association.
- Standing Committee on Structural Safety (SCOSS).
- Steel Construction Institute (SCI).
- Steel for life.
- Steel Window Association.
- Strategic Forum for Construction.
- Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA).
- Technology and Construction Court Bar Association (TecBar).
- Technology and Construction Solicitors' Association (TeSCA).
- Temporary Works Forum (TWF).
- The Chartered Surveyors' Company
- The Edge.
- The Institute of Construction Management (ICM).
- The Trade Association for the Electrical Contracting Industry in Scotland (SELECT).
- The Welding Insitute.
- Tile Association.
- Timber Research and Development Association (TRADA).
- Timber Trade Federation (TTF)
- Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA).
- Trade Association Forum.
- Transforming Construction Alliance (TCA).
- UK Concrete.
- UK Contractors Group (UKCG). Became Build UK.
- UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC).
- UK Thermography Association (UKTA).
- Underwriters Laboratories UL.
- Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians (UCATT)
- United Kingdom Cast Stone Association (UKCSA)
- United Kingdom Federation of Builders (UKFB)
- Unite the Union
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Usable Buildings Trust (UBT)
- Wood Panel Industries Federation (WPIF)
- World Green Building Council.
- Worshipful Company of Constructors (WCC)
- Zero Waste International Alliance
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.