- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Mar 2018
Construction industry institutes and associations G to Z
This list is for institutes, associations and other bodies that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry. For other organisations associated with the construction industry, see Other construction industry organisations.
See also: Construction industry organisation structure.
This page includes organisations from G to Z. Click here to see organisations from A to F.
- Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF)
- Good Homes Alliance.
- Green Building Alliance.
- Green Construction Board.
- Ground Forum (GF)
- Ground Source Heat Pump Association.
- Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI)
- Guild of Builders and Contractors.
- Heat Pump Association (HPA)
- Heating Equipment Testing and Approval Scheme (HETAS)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Manufacturer's Association (HEVAC).
- Historic Houses Association (HHA)
- Home Builders Federation (HBF).
- Housing & Finance Institute (HFI).
- Infrastructure Industry Innovation Platform (i3P)
- Institute of Building Control / Building Control Forum (IBC)
- Institute of Clerk of Works (ICW)
- Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
- Institute of Carpenters (IOC)
- Institute of Concrete Technology (ICT).
- Institute of Construction Claims Practitioners (ICCP)
- Institute of Construction Safety (ICS).
- Institute of Demolition Engineers (IDE).
- Institute of Economic Development (IED).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institute of Field Archaeologists (IFA).
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Institute of Roofing. (IoR)
- Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers (ISSE).
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) - merged with the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE) to form the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructe).
- Insulation Manufacturers Association.
- International Construction Bureau (ICB).
- International Construction Information Society (ICIS).
- International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB - former Conseil International du Bâtiment or International Council for Building).
- International Factility Management Association (IFMA).
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Joint Council for Landscape Industries (JCLI).
- Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES).
- Joint Taxation Committee (JTC)
- Landscape Institute (LI)
- Lead Sheet Association.
- Lean Construction Institute.
- Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA).
- Local Authorities Building Control (LABC).
- Major Projects Association (MPA)
- Metal Cladding & Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA ).
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network (MBEKTN).
- Modular and Portable Building Association (MPBA)
- National Access And Scaffolding Confederation (NASC).
- National Approval Council for Security Alarms (NACOSS).
- National Association of Chimney Engineers (NACE).
- National Association of Rooflight Manufacturers (NARM)
- National Association of Shopfitters (NAS)
- National Council of Building Materials Producers (Became the Construction Products Association)
- National Custom & Self Build Association (NaCSBA).
- National Federation of Builders (NFB).
- National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC).
- National Federation of Roofing Contractors Limited. (NFRC)
- National Fireplace Association (NFA).
- National Home Improvement Council (NHIC).
- National House Building Council (NHBC).
- National Infrastructure Planning Association (NIPA).
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NECEIC).
- National Insulation Association (NIA).
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- National Self Build Association (NSBA).
- National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC). Become Build UK.
- Party Wall Academy (PWA)
- Passive House Institute (PHI).
- Planning Officers Society (POS).
- Property Care Association (PCA).
- Property Litigation Association (PLA).
- Residential Ventilation Association (RVA).
- Road Surface Treatments Association (RSTA).
- Roof Tile Association.
- Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE).
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Royal Society of Architects in Wales (RSAW).
- Royal Society of Ulster Architects (RSUA).
- Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Scaffolding Association.
- Scottish Building Federation (SBF)
- Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA).
- Specialist Engineering Contractors' (SEC) Group.
- Society for the Environment (SocEnv).
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB).
- Society of British and International Design (SBID).
- Society of Chief Architects of Local Authorities (SCALA).
- Society of Construction Law (SCL).
- Society of Construction Arbitrators (SCA).
- Society of Digital Engineering (SDE).
- Society of Public Health Engineers (SoPHE).
- Solar Trade Association.
- Standing Committee on Structural Safety (SCOSS).
- Steel Construction Institute (SCI).
- Steel for life.
- Steel Window Association.
- Strategic Forum for Construction.
- Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA).
- Technology and Construction Court Bar Association (TecBar).
- Technology and Construction Solicitors' Association (TeSCA).
- Temporary Works Forum (TWF).
- The Edge.
- Tile Association.
- Timber Research and Development Association (TRADA).
- Timber Trade Federation (TTF)
- Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA).
- Trade Association Forum.
- UK Contractors Group (UKCG). Became Build UK.
- UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC).
- UK Thermography Association (UKTA).
- Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians (UCATT)
- United Kingdom Cast Stone Association (UKCSA)
- United Kingdom Federation of Builders (UKFB)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Usable Buildings Trust (UBT)
- Wood Panel Industries Federation (WPIF)
- World Green Building Council.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
From the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the forgotten.
New BRE book considers the progression from project-based knowledge creation to whole-life urban knowledge management.
This CIOB article explores the concept of value in building design and construction.
BREEAM and Measurabl announce integration to improve the financial performance of commercial real estate.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners' release new images of soon-to-open 3WTC tower in New York.
A document can be called a bond or a guarantee. Does the name matter and what is the difference between them?
New briefing note is launched focusing on increasing knowledge of housing that promotes health and wellbeing.
Arbitration is a private, contractual form of dispute resolution used in the construction industry.
The European Parliament has approved a revised Energy Performance of Buildings directive.
One in six MPs supports the ring-fencing of retentions as proposed in the 'Aldous Bill'.
A stakeholder is anyone who has an interest in the process or outcome of a construction project.