- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Jun 2021
UK Green Building Council
With over 400 member organisations, spanning the entire value chain, UK-GBC represents the voice of the industry’s current and future leaders striving for transformational change. The organisation aims to inspire, challenge and empower its members, helping them to identify and adopt the most sustainable, viable solutions. It also engages its members in advocating a progressive message to government, informing and influencing green building policy.
- is decarbonised
- enables health, wellbeing and productivity in users
- eliminates waste and maximises resource efficiency
- enhances nature
Through its membership of World Green Building Council (WorldGBC), UK-GBC is part of a global network of like-minded organisations in almost 80 countries. The network facilitates engagement in international policy and programmes.
In February 2017, UK-GBC published Building Places that Work for Everyone: Industry insights into key Government priorities, profiling ways the construction industry can help solve some of our biggest challenges:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building Places that Work for Everyone.
- Climate Change Act.
- Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Nachhaltiges Bauen DGNB.
- Earth overshoot day.
- Fabric first investigation into net zero for existing buildings.
- Green Construction Board.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Interview with Julie Hirigoyen, UK-GBC.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design LEED.
- Living Standard.
- Low carbon construction IGT.
- Mean lean green.
- Open Innovation programme.
- Sustainable materials.
- Taking action on climate change.
- The role of local leadership in creating sustainable homes.
- UKGBC BREEAM 2014 consultation workshop.
- UKGBC launches new Solutions Library to enable sustainable buildings.
- UKGBC publishes renewable energy procurement and carbon offsetting guidance.
- World Green Building Council.
- Zero carbon task group.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.