Other construction industry organisations
This list is for 'neutral' organisations associated with the construction industry.
For institutes and associations that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry see Construction industry institutes and associations.
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Excellence in the Built Environment.
- All Party Urban Development Group.
- All-Party Parliamentary Design and Innovation Group (APDIG).
- Architects Registration Board (ARB).
- BIM Task Group.
- British & Irish Legal Information Institute (BAILII).
- British Board of Agrément (BBA).
- Building Research Establishment (BRE).
- British Standards Institution (bsi).
- Building Control Performance Standards Advisory Group (BCPSAG - government).
- Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE)
- Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT)
- Centre for Education in the Built Environment (CEBE)
- Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE)
- Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS).
- Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CONIAC). Part of HSE
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Contractor Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS).
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS).
- Design Council CABE (Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment).
- Energy Saving Trust (EST).
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- Environment Agency (EA).
- Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC).
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Government Construction Board.
- Highways England.
- Homes and Communities Agency (HCA).
- Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT).
- National Building Specification (nbs part of RIBA Enterprises).
- National Trust.
- Natural England.
- New Engineering Contract (NEC).
- Open Data Institute (ODI).
- Planning Portal.
- Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH).
- Self Build Portal.
- Technology and Construction Court (TCC).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
IHBC book review: Charles Barry’s monumental struggle to rebuild the Houses of Parliament.
Read about RSHP's British Museum extension which has been shortlisted for the 2017 Stirling Prize.
Read our introductory article to building a house extension.
More updates from DCMS about the large-scale testing of cladding systems and the number of buildings affected.
UandI secure resolution to grant planning consent for major new regeneration project.
IHBC article considers how heritage is dealt with when infrastructure schemes are authorised.
It was the tallest structure in the world for 3,800 years, but to this day the exact construction techniques are a mystery.
Shortlist for the industry's most coveted award announced.
Government responds to Mark Farmer's review of industry, rejecting the call for a levy on clients.
Peter Hansford to examine what wider lessons can be learned from the fire.
Every project is subject to uncertainty. How can construction better understand uncertainty for performance improvement?
MAD Architects reveal their designs for a futuristic campus for electric car manufacturer.
Homebuyers could borrow more with better forecasting of energy bills, according to industry consortium's new report.