Other construction industry organisations
This list is for 'neutral' organisations associated with the construction industry.
For institutes and associations that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry see Construction industry institutes and associations.
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Excellence in the Built Environment.
- All Party Urban Development Group.
- All-Party Parliamentary Design and Innovation Group (APDIG).
- Architects Registration Board (ARB).
- BIM Task Group.
- British & Irish Legal Information Institute (BAILII).
- British Board of Agrément (BBA).
- Building Research Establishment (BRE).
- British Standards Institution (bsi).
- Building Control Performance Standards Advisory Group (BCPSAG - government).
- Cadw - The Welsh Government's historic environment service.
- Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE)
- Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT)
- Centre for Education in the Built Environment (CEBE)
- Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE)
- Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS).
- Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CONIAC). Part of HSE
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Contractor Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS).
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS).
- Design Council CABE (Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment).
- Energy Saving Trust (EST).
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- Environment Agency (EA).
- Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC).
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Government Construction Board.
- Highways England.
- Homes England.
- Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT).
- National Building Specification (nbs part of RIBA Enterprises).
- National Trust.
- Natural England.
- New Engineering Contract (NEC).
- Open Data Institute (ODI).
- Planning Portal.
- Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH).
- Self Build Portal.
- Technology and Construction Court (TCC).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
This article explains the Buildings Regulations completion certificate, what it is, and when its needed.
Graphene has many potential applications, but when will it start being used in civil engineering?
Increasing productivity – now more than ever as we lead up to Brexit – should be the sector’s number one priority in 2018.
Carillion's collapse causes Construction Leadership Council to delay the construction sector deal report.
Urban Heritage, Development and Sustainability: international frameworks, national and local guidance.
What will the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) mean for you when they come into force in May?
Business Secretary chairs a new taskforce to monitor and advise on mitigating the impacts of Carillion’s liquidation.
Sir John Armitt is appointed the new chair of the National Infrastructure Commission.
High quality and high density homes - is it what we need or is it storing up trouble?
Government announces its intention to strengthen planning rules to protect music venues and neighbours.
National Audit Office reports that there is little evidence that PFI offers better value than other forms of contracting.
What is liquidation and how does it apply to contractors in the construction industry?