- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Jul 2018
Other construction industry organisations
This list is for 'neutral' organisations associated with the construction industry.
For institutes and associations that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry see Construction industry institutes and associations.
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Excellence in the Built Environment.
- All Party Urban Development Group.
- All-Party Parliamentary Design and Innovation Group (APDIG).
- Architects Registration Board (ARB).
- BIM Task Group.
- British & Irish Legal Information Institute (BAILII).
- British Board of Agrément (BBA).
- Building Research Establishment (BRE).
- British Standards Institution (bsi).
- Building Control Performance Standards Advisory Group (BCPSAG - government).
- Cadw - The Welsh Government's historic environment service.
- Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE)
- Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT)
- Centre for Education in the Built Environment (CEBE)
- Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE)
- Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS).
- Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CONIAC). Part of HSE
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Contractor Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS).
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS).
- Design Council CABE (Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment).
- Energy Saving Trust (EST).
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- Environment Agency (EA).
- Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC).
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Government Construction Board.
- Highways England.
- Hazardous Substances Authority (HSA - usually the local planning authority)
- Homes England.
- Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT).
- National Building Specification (nbs part of RIBA Enterprises).
- National Trust.
- Natural England.
- New Engineering Contract (NEC).
- Open Data Institute (ODI).
- Planning Portal.
- Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH).
- Self Build Portal.
- Technology and Construction Court (TCC).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
BSRIA calls on government to reach deeper into the causes of pollution.
George Demetri brings a whole new level of technical knowledge to Designing Buildings Wiki.
Quality professionals need to take an active role in driving the completion process forwards.
The innovations needed to move from rhetoric to realisation.
Creating a sense of place, with radically-low running costs and the highest comfort levels.
A conversation between David Mitchell and Caitlin DeSilvey.
A quick guide to brick sizes.
The Union Street development in Southwark was a passion, as well as a business endeavour.
Do our water quality standards demonstrate to the public that their supply is clean?
A third of practitioners do not have easy access to the knowledge they need.
Sustainable approaches to relief, recovery and reconstruction after a natural disaster.
An introduction to a complex issue, the legal status of which remains unclear.