- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Jul 2018
Other construction industry organisations
This list is for 'neutral' organisations associated with the construction industry.
For institutes and associations that might be considered to represent part of the construction industry see Construction industry institutes and associations.
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Excellence in the Built Environment.
- All Party Urban Development Group.
- All-Party Parliamentary Design and Innovation Group (APDIG).
- Architects Registration Board (ARB).
- BIM Task Group.
- British & Irish Legal Information Institute (BAILII).
- British Board of Agrément (BBA).
- Building Research Establishment (BRE).
- British Standards Institution (bsi).
- Building Control Performance Standards Advisory Group (BCPSAG - government).
- Cadw - The Welsh Government's historic environment service.
- Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE)
- Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT)
- Centre for Education in the Built Environment (CEBE)
- Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE)
- Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS).
- Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CONIAC). Part of HSE
- Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Contractor Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS).
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS).
- Design Council CABE (Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment).
- Energy Saving Trust (EST).
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- Environment Agency (EA).
- Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC).
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Government Construction Board.
- Highways England.
- Hazardous Substances Authority (HSA - usually the local planning authority)
- Homes England.
- Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT).
- National Building Specification (nbs part of RIBA Enterprises).
- National Trust.
- Natural England.
- New Engineering Contract (NEC).
- Open Data Institute (ODI).
- Planning Portal.
- Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH).
- Self Build Portal.
- Technology and Construction Court (TCC).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The London Build Expo is hosting a Diversity in Construction panel and networking session on October 24.
Analysis can help develop a specification, but must not lead to inappropriate specifications being accepted.
Dos and don'ts for creating a smart home.
New ICE publication recommends pay-as-you-go tax to fund roads and other financing options.
BSRIA launches a White Paper on wearable technology and wellbeing in buildings.
Have the pressures of the market shredded the core values of professionalism?
Lead times are a measure of the amount of time that elapses between initiating and completing a construction process.
Government releases first tranche of funding for removal of unsafe high-rise cladding.
How to ensure UK transport infrastructure copes with severe winter weather.