- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 Sep 2020
FIDIC (‘Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils’ or ‘the International Federation of Consulting Engineers’) was founded in 1913. It is a membership organisation, with members comprising national associations of consulting engineers from 97 countries.
It describes its objectives as:
- Being the recognised international authority on issues relating to consulting engineering best practice.
- Actively promoting high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Maintaining and enhancing FIDIC’s representation of the consulting engineering industry worldwide.
- Enhancing the image of consulting engineering.
- Promoting and assisting the worldwide development of viable consulting engineering industries.
- Promoting and enhancing the leading position of FIDIC’s forms of contract.
- Improving and developing FIDIC’s training and publishing activities.
- Promoting and encouraging the development of young professionals in the consulting engineering industry.
- Conditions of Contract for Construction (The Red Book).
- Conditions of Contract for Plant & Design-Build (The Yellow Book).
- Conditions of Contract for EPC Turnkey Projects (The Silver Book).
- Short Form of Contract (The Green Book).
- Model Representative Agreement (The Purple Book).
- Client / Consultant Model Services Agreement (White Book).
- Dredgers Contract.
- Conditions of Contract for Design, Build and Operate Projects (DBO Contract).
- Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer: The Construction Contract
- Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer (MDB Harmonised Edition) - for bank financed projects only: The MDB Construction Contract
- Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build for Electrical and Mechanical Plant and for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Contractor: The Plant and Design-Build Contract.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles of agreement.
- Construction contract.
- Key dates.
- Minor works.
- Modifying clauses in standard forms of contract.
- Procurement route.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.