- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Jan 2016
FIDIC (‘Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils’ or ‘the International Federation of Consulting Engineers’) was founded in 1913. It is a membership organisation, with members comprising national associations of consulting engineers from 97 countries.
It was created to promote the consulting engineering industry’s strategic goals and to disseminate information and resources.
It describes its objectives as:
- Being the recognised international authority on issues relating to consulting engineering best practice.
- Actively promoting high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Maintaining and enhancing FIDIC’s representation of the consulting engineering industry worldwide.
- Enhancing the image of consulting engineering.
- Promoting and assisting the worldwide development of viable consulting engineering industries.
- Promoting and enhancing the leading position of FIDIC’s forms of contract.
- Improving and developing FIDIC’s training and publishing activities.
- Promoting and encouraging the development of young professionals in the consulting engineering industry.
Its core suite of contracts includes:
- Conditions of Contract for Construction (The Red Book).
- Conditions of Contract for Plant & Design-Build (The Yellow Book).
- Conditions of Contract for EPC Turnkey Projects (The Silver Book).
- Short Form of Contract (The Green Book).
- Model Representative Agreement (The Purple Book).
- Client / Consultant Model Services Agreement (White Book).
- Dredgers Contract.
- Conditions of Contract for Design, Build and Operate Projects (DBO Contract).
- Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer: The Construction Contract
- Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer (MDB Harmonised Edition) - for bank financed projects only: The MDB Construction Contract
- Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build for Electrical and Mechanical Plant and for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Contractor: The Plant and Design-Build Contract.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles of agreement.
- Construction contract.
- Key dates.
- Minor works.
- Modifying clauses in standard forms of contract.
- Procurement route.
 External references
Featured articles and news
How it can benefit construction.
Free guide to commissioning for site managers published by NHBC and BSRIA.
Resolving quickly to minimise delay and costs.
Tackling domestic abuse.
Disallowed costs vs. defined costs. Which is which?
Coping with the loss of local authority conservation services.
Remedial works could save the NHS £95 million a year.
One of Europe’s largest waterfront transformations.
How BIM was used to produce an information model of a home.
Skyscrapers of the future will be built of wood.
How to increase your chances of winning.