- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 12 Jan 2021
Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards 2018
It was Constructing Excellence's biggest awards ceremony yet, with more than 600 guests celebrating the success of the regions’ finest people, organisations and projects. The evening's host was Maggie Philpin OBE – Broadcaster and CEO of TeenTech, who kept the attendees entertained throughout the proceedings.
The awards, sponsored by Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, recognise outstanding companies and projects in the built environment that have delivered improvements in all-round performance through collaborative working and a desire to make a difference. They are open to the whole sector from buildings to infrastructure, all parts of the supply and demand chain, and all disciplines, professions and trades.
The robust judging process means that just being selected as a finalist is a significant achievement.
The winners of the Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards 2018 are:
- Apprenticeship Initiative (Sponsored by CoTrain) CETC – Civil Engineering Training Centre (Fareham College)
- Building Project of the Year – over £10m (Sponsored by Westfield) 25 Wilton, London (Kier Construction)
- Building Project of the Year – £10m or under (Sponsored by Westfield) Heathfield Academy - Croydon (Willmott Dixon)
- Civils Project of the Year (Sponsored by Westfield) London Bridge Station Redevelopment Project (Network Rail)
- Client of the Year (Sponsored by Willmott Dixon) ESFA (Education & Skills Funding Agency)
- Digital Construction (Sponsored by Clearbox) VISUALISE (Skanska)
- G4C Future Leader (Sponsored by Tarmac) Natasha Baum (Willmott Dixon)
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing (Sponsored by CLOCS) Lendlease Construction
- Innovation (Sponsored by SIG360 Technical Centre) Transport Infrastructure Efficiency – Benchmarking Framework (Turner & Townsend)
- Integration & Collaborative Working (Sponsored by Waterloo Air Products) Design Consortium (Willmott Dixon. Cobham)
- Offsite (Sponsored by LHC) Offsite Champions (Ramboll)
- Outstanding Customer Satisfaction (Sponsored by Willmott Dixon) Phelan Construction Ltd
- People Development (Sponsored by Cheesmur Building Contractors) Playle & Partners LLP
- Preservation & Rejuvenation (Sponsored by RIFT) ‘Your New Town Hall’ Lambeth (Morgan Sindall)
- SME of the Year (Sponsored by CIOB) ITC
- Sustainability (Sponsored by Temple Group) Wilmcote House, Portsmouth (ECD Architects)
- Value (Sponsored by Artelia Group) Little Daydreams Nursery (Mitie)
Highly commended awards were given to:
- ATT Tideway EPIC: Logistics - Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Oxford Westgate (Laing O'Rourke) - Sustainability
- The J.P. Morgan Media Centre (David Miller Architects) - Digital Construction
Congratulations to all the winners and the highly commended, but also to the finalists whose submissions created some very difficult decisions for our panel of judges.
The Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards are unique in their recognition of some of the best teams and organisations in the region and aim to inspire others to learn and benefit from their stories which are published in the Awards Brochure. “The key actions they took, results achieved, and lessons learned make an interesting read” says Derek Rees, Regional Director for Constructing Excellence. Download this year's Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards brochure here.
The winners will automatically be entered in to the Constructing Excellence National Awards which will be held on the 16th November 2018 .
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The hidden price of infrastructure.
BREEAM incorporates wellbeing into its Building Back Better programme.
Administration signals policy changes on some building-related issues.
From inns and coaching houses to boutiques.
Survey reveals green skills gap.
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.