- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Jul 2018
Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards 2018
It was Constructing Excellence's biggest awards ceremony yet, with more than 600 guests celebrating the success of the regions’ finest people, organisations and projects. The evening's host was Maggie Philpin OBE – Broadcaster and CEO of TeenTech, who kept the attendees entertained throughout the proceedings.
The awards, sponsored by Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, recognise outstanding companies and projects in the built environment that have delivered improvements in all-round performance through collaborative working and a desire to make a difference. They are open to the whole sector from buildings to infrastructure, all parts of the supply and demand chain, and all disciplines, professions and trades.
The robust judging process means that just being selected as a finalist is a significant achievement.
The winners of the Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards 2018 are:
- Apprenticeship Initiative (Sponsored by CoTrain) CETC – Civil Engineering Training Centre (Fareham College)
- Building Project of the Year – over £10m (Sponsored by Westfield) 25 Wilton, London (Kier Construction)
- Building Project of the Year – £10m or under (Sponsored by Westfield) Heathfield Academy - Croydon (Willmott Dixon)
- Civils Project of the Year (Sponsored by Westfield) London Bridge Station Redevelopment Project (Network Rail)
- Client of the Year (Sponsored by Willmott Dixon) ESFA (Education & Skills Funding Agency)
- Digital Construction (Sponsored by Clearbox) VISUALISE (Skanska)
- G4C Future Leader (Sponsored by Tarmac) Natasha Baum (Willmott Dixon)
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing (Sponsored by CLOCS) Lendlease Construction
- Innovation (Sponsored by SIG360 Technical Centre) Transport Infrastructure Efficiency – Benchmarking Framework (Turner & Townsend)
- Integration & Collaborative Working (Sponsored by Waterloo Air Products) Design Consortium (Willmott Dixon. Cobham)
- Offsite (Sponsored by LHC) Offsite Champions (Ramboll)
- Outstanding Customer Satisfaction (Sponsored by Willmott Dixon) Phelan Construction Ltd
- People Development (Sponsored by Cheesmur Building Contractors) Playle & Partners LLP
- Preservation & Rejuvenation (Sponsored by RIFT) ‘Your New Town Hall’ Lambeth (Morgan Sindall)
- SME of the Year (Sponsored by CIOB) ITC
- Sustainability (Sponsored by Temple Group) Wilmcote House, Portsmouth (ECD Architects)
- Value (Sponsored by Artelia Group) Little Daydreams Nursery (Mitie)
Highly commended awards were given to:
- ATT Tideway EPIC: Logistics - Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Oxford Westgate (Laing O'Rourke) - Sustainability
- The J.P. Morgan Media Centre (David Miller Architects) - Digital Construction
Congratulations to all the winners and the highly commended, but also to the finalists whose submissions created some very difficult decisions for our panel of judges.
The Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards are unique in their recognition of some of the best teams and organisations in the region and aim to inspire others to learn and benefit from their stories which are published in the Awards Brochure. “The key actions they took, results achieved, and lessons learned make an interesting read” says Derek Rees, Regional Director for Constructing Excellence. Download this year's Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards brochure here.
The winners will automatically be entered in to the Constructing Excellence National Awards which will be held on the 16th November 2018 .
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The David Lloyd Lymington Sports Village was 'Commended' in CIAT's 2018 AT Awards.
How do we make the smart city a reality?
Sir Nicholas Grimshaw has been awarded the UK’s highest honour for architecture.
Protecting the construction industry from Brexit.
Conceiving buildings collaboratively, testing them virtually.
Effective collaboration in post-disaster response and recovery
How do you prepare a claim for an extension of time and ensure it isn't rejected?
How innovative ‘design thinking’ may lead to new surface-water solutions.
What will be this year's office design trends?
Enhancing sustainability and resilience in disaster response.
What are EIAs, why are they needed and for which type of project?