- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 01 Jul 2021
2020 Soft Landings Conference
The Soft Landings Framework is available from the Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA) and is intended to smooth the transition into use and to address problems that post-occupancy evaluations show to be widespread. It was first published in 2009 and is developed by the BSRIA Soft Landings Group. It celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2019.
BSRIA's Soft Landings Conference 2020 will be held as a series of interactive online webinar sessions held over three days. The theme of the event, 'Culture change to combat climate change', will focus on the importance of energy and environmental targets from operational and climate challenge perspectives.
A range of practical examples will be offered to illustrate how different projects have used the Soft Landings Framework to their advantage. Presenters will include building owners and project delivery teams, and will examine the practical aspects of this approach to creating and operating sustainable buildings.
BSRIA's Dr Michelle Agha-Hossein will serve as chair of the event, and each day will be co-hosted by BSRIA experts. Each day, the programme will include one session with two presentations, followed by an opportunity for questions and answers.
A summary of the agenda includes the following presentations:
 23 June 2020 (10.30am - 11.30am BST)
- Speaker 1: Soft Landings- a global perspective - Dr Milena Stojkovic and Andrew Jackson, Foster and Partners
- Speaker 2: Building performance in a climate emergency: Hard learning from Soft Landings - Carrie Behar, Useful Simple Trust
 24 June 2020 (10.30am - 11.30am BST)
- Speaker 1: How to establish a collaborative environment - Tim Whitehill, Project Five Consulting
- Speaker 2: How can the culture of the project team affect the success of the project? - Richard Harper, Hoare Lea
 25 June 2020 (10.30am - 11.30am BST)
- Speaker 1: The benefit of Soft Landings from a client point of view - Barry Morton, University of Glasgow
- Speaker 2: How do you know if your building is performing if you are not checking? - Christian Dimbleby, Architype
Speakers and sponsors:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 2016 Soft Landings Conference.
- 2017 Soft Landings Conference.
- 2019 Soft Landings Conference.
- 2021 Soft Landings Conference.
- Better Buildings Partnership.
- BSRIA Soft Landings Awards.
- Soft landings.
- Soft landings - helping clients lead contractors.
- Soft landings and business-focused maintenance.
- Soft Landings and Government Soft Landings - A convergence guide for construction projects.
- Soft Landings for owners.
- Success criteria for soft landings projects.
- Sustainability in building design and construction.
Featured articles and news
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.
CLC guidance outlines carbon reduction priorities.
Making the most of a staycation.
Organisation urges G20 to revisit wind energy.
The historian spent much of his life compiling architectural resources.