- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 11 Feb 2021
2020 Soft Landings Conference
The Soft Landings Framework is available from the Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA) and is intended to smooth the transition into use and to address problems that post-occupancy evaluations show to be widespread. It was first published in 2009 and is developed by the BSRIA Soft Landings Group. It celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2019.
BSRIA's Soft Landings Conference 2020 will be held as a series of interactive online webinar sessions held over three days. The theme of the event, 'Culture change to combat climate change', will focus on the importance of energy and environmental targets from operational and climate challenge perspectives.
A range of practical examples will be offered to illustrate how different projects have used the Soft Landings Framework to their advantage. Presenters will include building owners and project delivery teams, and will examine the practical aspects of this approach to creating and operating sustainable buildings.
BSRIA's Dr Michelle Agha-Hossein will serve as chair of the event, and each day will be co-hosted by BSRIA experts. Each day, the programme will include one session with two presentations, followed by an opportunity for questions and answers.
A summary of the agenda includes the following presentations:
 23 June 2020 (10.30am - 11.30am BST)
- Speaker 1: Soft Landings- a global perspective - Dr Milena Stojkovic and Andrew Jackson, Foster and Partners
- Speaker 2: Building performance in a climate emergency: Hard learning from Soft Landings - Carrie Behar, Useful Simple Trust
 24 June 2020 (10.30am - 11.30am BST)
- Speaker 1: How to establish a collaborative environment - Tim Whitehill, Project Five Consulting
- Speaker 2: How can the culture of the project team affect the success of the project? - Richard Harper, Hoare Lea
 25 June 2020 (10.30am - 11.30am BST)
Session title: "Benefits of Soft Landings"
- Speaker 1: The benefit of Soft Landings from a client point of view - Barry Morton, University of Glasgow
- Speaker 2: How do you know if your building is performing if you are not checking? - Christian Dimbleby, Architype
Speakers and sponsors:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 2016 Soft Landings Conference.
- 2017 Soft Landings Conference.
- 2019 Soft Landings Conference.
- Better Buildings Partnership.
- BSRIA Soft Landings Awards.
- Soft landings.
- Soft landings - helping clients lead contractors.
- Soft landings and business-focused maintenance.
- Soft Landings and Government Soft Landings - A convergence guide for construction projects.
- Soft Landings for owners.
- Success criteria for soft landings projects.
- Sustainability in building design and construction.
Featured articles and news
IHBC members encouraged to update violations database.
Non-obtrusive security sensors can help deter intruders.
Adopting a fabric first approach to efficiency.
Government emphasises training for construction and engineering trades.
ECA and SELECT offer assistance to members set back by delays.
The virtual learning event examines Historic Places - People Places.
Getting post-pandemic infrastructure on the right track.
One of England's grandest country houses.
Take just two minutes to provide your feedback.
An update of standards and regulations is under consideration.
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.