- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 May 2016
2016 Soft Landings Conference
 2016 Soft Landings Conference
Thursday 23 June 2016.
(09.45 - 17.00)
Soft Landings is a BSRIA-led process that helps to solve the performance gap between design intentions and operational outcomes. It provides a step-by-step process for clients and their project teams to follow in order to avoid pitfalls and deliver a better-performing product.
No matter whether your project is attempting to achieve exemplary environmental standards, or is a simple extension or retrofit of an existing building, the Soft Landings culture can be applied to ensure outcomes match the client’s expectations.
- 9:00 - Registration
- 09:45 - Welcome - Roderic Bunn, BSRIA
- 09:50 - Chairman's introduction - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 10:00 - Keynote talk 1: The client’s perspective on Soft Landings: Fergus Rolfe, University of East Anglia
- 10:45 - Parallel interactive workshops: • Stakeholder engagement • Procurement planning • Government Soft Landings
- 12:10 - Feedback and summary of morning sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Keynote talk 2: TBA
- 14:00 - Parallel interative workshops: • Improving handover • Post-occupancy evalution • Setting and measuring outcomes
- 15:15 - Feedback and summary of afternoon sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of the BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 16:00 - Soft Landings case studies overview
- 16:45 - Conference summary and close - Gary Clark, Chair BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- £150 First delegate
- £125 Subsequent delegates
- £200 First delegate
- £175 Subsequent delegates
For more information or to book your place call Tracey Tilbry:
Featured articles and news
The real impact of late payment.
How to tell which infrastructure projects will work.
The government announces the biggest change in building safety for a generation.
Key messages from the UN COP 25 conference.
Reducing the risks of buying off-plan
A lighthouse history from Eddystone to Fastnet. Book review.
Telling the story of the Government Code and Cipher School.
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.
The growth of megacities.
The restoration of Big Ben.