- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 May 2016
2016 Soft Landings Conference
 2016 Soft Landings Conference
Thursday 23 June 2016.
(09.45 - 17.00)
Soft Landings is a BSRIA-led process that helps to solve the performance gap between design intentions and operational outcomes. It provides a step-by-step process for clients and their project teams to follow in order to avoid pitfalls and deliver a better-performing product.
No matter whether your project is attempting to achieve exemplary environmental standards, or is a simple extension or retrofit of an existing building, the Soft Landings culture can be applied to ensure outcomes match the client’s expectations.
- 9:00 - Registration
- 09:45 - Welcome - Roderic Bunn, BSRIA
- 09:50 - Chairman's introduction - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 10:00 - Keynote talk 1: The client’s perspective on Soft Landings: Fergus Rolfe, University of East Anglia
- 10:45 - Parallel interactive workshops: • Stakeholder engagement • Procurement planning • Government Soft Landings
- 12:10 - Feedback and summary of morning sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Keynote talk 2: TBA
- 14:00 - Parallel interative workshops: • Improving handover • Post-occupancy evalution • Setting and measuring outcomes
- 15:15 - Feedback and summary of afternoon sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of the BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 16:00 - Soft Landings case studies overview
- 16:45 - Conference summary and close - Gary Clark, Chair BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- £150 First delegate
- £125 Subsequent delegates
- £200 First delegate
- £175 Subsequent delegates
Featured articles and news
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.
BSRIA releases market sector growth projections.
Designing for durability and resilience.
Do plans to connect infrastructure and housing stack up?
1 minute review of CAMRA’s guide to historic drinking dens.
Their complex heritage remains largely unknown.
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.
CIOB urges construction to share PPE with healthcare providers.
Why not write that article you've always meant to?