- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Jan 2021
2016 Soft Landings Conference
 2016 Soft Landings Conference
Thursday 23 June 2016.
(09.45 - 17.00)
Soft Landings is a BSRIA-led process that helps to solve the performance gap between design intentions and operational outcomes. It provides a step-by-step process for clients and their project teams to follow in order to avoid pitfalls and deliver a better-performing product.
No matter whether your project is attempting to achieve exemplary environmental standards, or is a simple extension or retrofit of an existing building, the Soft Landings culture can be applied to ensure outcomes match the client’s expectations.
- 9:00 - Registration
- 09:45 - Welcome - Roderic Bunn, BSRIA
- 09:50 - Chairman's introduction - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 10:00 - Keynote talk 1: The client’s perspective on Soft Landings: Fergus Rolfe, University of East Anglia
- 10:45 - Parallel interactive workshops: • Stakeholder engagement • Procurement planning • Government Soft Landings
- 12:10 - Feedback and summary of morning sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Keynote talk 2: TBA
- 14:00 - Parallel interative workshops: • Improving handover • Post-occupancy evalution • Setting and measuring outcomes
- 15:15 - Feedback and summary of afternoon sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of the BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 16:00 - Soft Landings case studies overview
- 16:45 - Conference summary and close - Gary Clark, Chair BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- £150 First delegate
- £125 Subsequent delegates
- £200 First delegate
- £175 Subsequent delegates
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.
The pressures and pinch points of global destinations.