- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 May 2016
2016 Soft Landings Conference
 2016 Soft Landings Conference
Thursday 23 June 2016.
(09.45 - 17.00)
Royal Society of Arts, 8 John Adam St, London WC2N 6EZ
 Practical solutions for real-world projects
Soft Landings is a BSRIA-led process that helps to solve the performance gap between design intentions and operational outcomes. It provides a step-by-step process for clients and their project teams to follow in order to avoid pitfalls and deliver a better-performing product.
No matter whether your project is attempting to achieve exemplary environmental standards, or is a simple extension or retrofit of an existing building, the Soft Landings culture can be applied to ensure outcomes match the client’s expectations.
- 9:00 - Registration
- 09:45 - Welcome - Roderic Bunn, BSRIA
- 09:50 - Chairman's introduction - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 10:00 - Keynote talk 1: The client’s perspective on Soft Landings: Fergus Rolfe, University of East Anglia
- 10:45 - Parallel interactive workshops: • Stakeholder engagement • Procurement planning • Government Soft Landings
- 12:10 - Feedback and summary of morning sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Keynote talk 2: TBA
- 14:00 - Parallel interative workshops: • Improving handover • Post-occupancy evalution • Setting and measuring outcomes
- 15:15 - Feedback and summary of afternoon sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of the BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 16:00 - Soft Landings case studies overview
- 16:45 - Conference summary and close - Gary Clark, Chair BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- £150 First delegate
- £125 Subsequent delegates
- £200 First delegate
- £175 Subsequent delegates
For more information or to book your place call Tracey Tilbry:
Featured articles and news
Conservation in the heritage cities of Venice and Liverpool.
Which room is the most fun to design? Find out the 'Grand Designs' presenter's unusual choice in our interview.
Full suite of speakers are announced for this year's BSRIA Briefing event.
Book your place for the Architectural Technology Awards 2018.
There are many ways of classifying types of building. Have a look at our range of building articles.
BSRIA have launched the 'major update' of the go-to design framework guide for building services.
How to get results with building life cycle assessment.
Government publishes a prospectus inviting proposals for new 'garden communities'.
The Morandi motorway bridge in Genoa collapses during rainstorm while undergoing maintenance works.
'Developed design' is a phrase coined by the RIBA for their 2013 Plan of Work. But what does it actually mean?
New green paper published aiming to rebalance the relationship between landlords and residents and tackle stigma.