- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 18 Jun 2020
2016 Soft Landings Conference
 2016 Soft Landings Conference
Thursday 23 June 2016.
(09.45 - 17.00)
Soft Landings is a BSRIA-led process that helps to solve the performance gap between design intentions and operational outcomes. It provides a step-by-step process for clients and their project teams to follow in order to avoid pitfalls and deliver a better-performing product.
No matter whether your project is attempting to achieve exemplary environmental standards, or is a simple extension or retrofit of an existing building, the Soft Landings culture can be applied to ensure outcomes match the client’s expectations.
- 9:00 - Registration
- 09:45 - Welcome - Roderic Bunn, BSRIA
- 09:50 - Chairman's introduction - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 10:00 - Keynote talk 1: The client’s perspective on Soft Landings: Fergus Rolfe, University of East Anglia
- 10:45 - Parallel interactive workshops: • Stakeholder engagement • Procurement planning • Government Soft Landings
- 12:10 - Feedback and summary of morning sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Keynote talk 2: TBA
- 14:00 - Parallel interative workshops: • Improving handover • Post-occupancy evalution • Setting and measuring outcomes
- 15:15 - Feedback and summary of afternoon sessions - Gary Clark, Chair of the BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- 16:00 - Soft Landings case studies overview
- 16:45 - Conference summary and close - Gary Clark, Chair BSRIA Soft Landings User Group
- £150 First delegate
- £125 Subsequent delegates
- £200 First delegate
- £175 Subsequent delegates
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
How to write them and what they should include.
Designing Buildings Wiki becomes the world's first website to adopt the new knowledge standard.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.
New Government task force will build beauty into reformed planning process.
Five outstanding aspects of the profession.
The seismic strengthening of historic churches.
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.