- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 30 Jan 2021
BSRIA soft landings awards
The soft landings building delivery approach is about making buildings that meet the clients’ expectations and the end users’ needs. The soft landings framework provides step-by-step guidance for clients and their project teams to help avoid pitfalls and deliver a better performing product.
The categories for the Soft Landings Awards are:
- Soft landings project of the year – smaller projects (total value: up to £20m).
- Soft landings project of the year – larger projects (total value: more than £20m).
- Soft Landings practitioner of the year.
Project entries should:
- Give a clear description of the building: type, size, value, location, special features, procurement route, date of occupancy and so on.
- Explain the success criteria, the operational performance target, how these were promoted and protected and whether they were met.
- An account of how the soft landings team was engaged with the project after practical completion and how the performance of the building was evaluated.
- How the client, project team and wider industry benefited from the project.
“Extra points” will be awarded for providing information associated with the costs of the soft landings activities. Buildings should have been in operation at least for 15 months at the time of entry.
The soft landings practitioner of the year category covers consultants, contractors, facilities managers, architects, project managers and so on. Judges are looking for evidence to demonstrate the applicant’s commitment to the soft landings approach. Applicants should have been involved in soft landings projects / activities for at least 12 months at the time of entry. The entry should include an explanation of how they promote the soft landings approach in the industry and how they or their organisation have benefited from adopting the soft landings approach.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 2020 Soft Landings Conference.
- 2019 Soft Landings Conference.
- Better Buildings Partnership.
- BREEAM Aftercare support.
- BSRIA articles.
- BSRIA Soft Landings 2019 award winners.
- Building performance evaluation.
- Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology soft landings project.
- Soft landings.
- Soft Landings for owners.
- Soft Landings for refurbishment projects.
- Soft landings - helping clients lead contractors.
- Soft landings and business-focused maintenance.
- Soft Landings and Government Soft Landings - A convergence guide for construction projects.
- Success criteria for soft landings projects.
Featured articles and news
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.
The pressures and pinch points of global destinations.