- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 07 Jun 2021
Success criteria for soft landings projects
Success Criteria for Soft Landings Projects (BG74/2019) was written by Martin Roncerey with assistance from Michelle Agha-Hossein and members of the Soft Landings Network. It was published by BSRIA in May 2019.
Soft Landings underpins the delivery of better buildings by establishing the client’s key performance outcome requirements at the start of a project and ensuring the delivery team maintain their focus on those throughout the project from inception to completion and beyond.
This 17-page guide provides a simple and structured approach for setting success criteria on Soft Landings projects. It is aimed at clients and client advisers to enable them to identify success criteria and help them achieve those criteria at the end of the project.
Success criteria are the requirements set at the beginning of a project, against which the project will be evaluated at key stages to decide whether or not it has been successful from the key stakeholders’ point of view. They provide a means to ensure that the needs for the future building will be met and can be monitored throughout the project.
The contents of the guide are:
- Defining the success criteria.
- Monitoring the success criteria.
- Evaluating the success criteria.
- Examples of success criteria.
- Appendix A: Roadmap example.
- Appendix B: Worked example – SEN school building.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 2020 Soft Landings Conference.
- BREEAM Aftercare support.
- BSRIA articles.
- BSRIA Soft Landings Awards.
- Building performance evaluation.
- Extended aftercare.
- Initial aftercare.
- Lessons learned report.
- Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology soft landings project.
- Performance in use.
- Post occupancy evaluation.
- Post project review.
- Soft landings - helping clients lead contractors.
- Soft landings and business-focused maintenance.
- Soft Landings and Government Soft Landings - A convergence guide for construction projects.
- Soft landings.
- Success criteria.
Featured articles and news
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.