- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 02 Feb 2021
Success criteria for soft landings projects
Success Criteria for Soft Landings Projects (BG74/2019) was written by Martin Roncerey with assistance from Michelle Agha-Hossein and members of the Soft Landings Network. It was published by BSRIA in May 2019.
Soft Landings underpins the delivery of better buildings by establishing the client’s key performance outcome requirements at the start of a project and ensuring the delivery team maintain their focus on those throughout the project from inception to completion and beyond.
This 17-page guide provides a simple and structured approach for setting success criteria on Soft Landings projects. It is aimed at clients and client advisers to enable them to identify success criteria and help them achieve those criteria at the end of the project.
Success criteria are the requirements set at the beginning of a project, against which the project will be evaluated at key stages to decide whether or not it has been successful from the key stakeholders’ point of view. They provide a means to ensure that the needs for the future building will be met and can be monitored throughout the project.
The contents of the guide are:
- Defining the success criteria.
- Monitoring the success criteria.
- Evaluating the success criteria.
- Examples of success criteria.
- Appendix A: Roadmap example.
- Appendix B: Worked example – SEN school building.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 2020 Soft Landings Conference.
- BREEAM Aftercare support.
- BSRIA articles.
- BSRIA Soft Landings Awards.
- Building performance evaluation.
- Extended aftercare.
- Initial aftercare.
- Lessons learned report.
- Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology soft landings project.
- Performance in use.
- Post occupancy evaluation.
- Post project review.
- Soft landings - helping clients lead contractors.
- Soft landings and business-focused maintenance.
- Soft Landings and Government Soft Landings - A convergence guide for construction projects.
- Soft landings.
Featured articles and news
It shouldn't be so difficult to find PPE that fits properly.
Pivoting infrastructure technology stands up to the test of time.
TASC/CIOB study looks at post-pandemic struggles and trends.
The Government announces recalibrated goals.
ECA proposes strategies for the present and the future.
Paul Morrell to lead independent review of the construction products testing regime.
Standard will help employers foster wellbeing and manage psychosocial risks.
Global fire standards for safety of people and property.
An introduction to the 5 core principles of lean.
Can the profession use its skills to save the world from climate change?
How faulty science resulted in sanitation reform.
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Click the button to subscribe.