- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 07 Feb 2017
The Movement, Greenwich
In October 2015, U+I Group completed The Movement, a vibrant and truly mixed-use scheme located on the former Greenwich Industrial Estate in East London. The 2.2 acre site is in a prime position adjacent to Greenwich DLR and Mainline Station.
- 181 residential apartments.
- 358 student apartments.
- A health and fitness club.
- A Convenience food store.
- A Nursery.
- 7,000 sq ft of business incubator and start-up units
U+I signed a joint venture agreement with Willmott Dixon, who delivered the 181 new homes, including affordable and shared ownership apartments, as well as the health, retail and nursery facilities.McLaren delivered the student accommodation. The 104-bedroom business hotel on Greenwich High Road has been pre-let to Travelodge and is now open for business.
The on-site energy centre provides low-carbon energy and there more than 400 spaces available for bicycles. The scheme is expected to generate £275 million for the local economy during its first ten years.
- Date acquired: 2010
- Date completed: Oct 2015
- Value: £110m
- Architect: HLM Architects, Studio Egret West
- Development partners: Royal Borough of Greenwich
--U and I
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki:
- Algarve House, Southwark.
- Arches Boulogne, France.
- Articles by U and I.
- Blackhorse Road regeneration.
- Cathedral Group.
- Clapham One.
- Circus Street, Brighton.
- Development Securities.
- Mixed-use development.
- Peninsula Place.
- Preston Barracks, Brighton.
- Public private partnership.
- The Deptford Project.
- U and I.
- UandI Think event with John McDonnell MP.
- Westminster Industrial Estate, Charlton.
 External references
- U+I - The Movement, Greenwich
Featured articles and news
How do we measure air tightness in buildings?
The Housing Infrastructure Fund
Encouraging access to local amenities and sustainable transport.
Publish your thought leadership articles on Designing Buildings Wiki – for free.
Competence Steering Group publishes interim proposals to deliver safer buildings.
Indoor environments should provide a multi-sensory experience.
We have a great range of introductory articles written by ECA.
7 of the most common myths, busted.
Consider a career in the electrotechnical industry.
Exploring local assets of community significance. Book review.