- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 07 Feb 2017
The Movement, Greenwich
In October 2015, U+I Group completed The Movement, a vibrant and truly mixed-use scheme located on the former Greenwich Industrial Estate in East London. The 2.2 acre site is in a prime position adjacent to Greenwich DLR and Mainline Station.
- 181 residential apartments.
- 358 student apartments.
- A health and fitness club.
- A Convenience food store.
- A Nursery.
- 7,000 sq ft of business incubator and start-up units
U+I signed a joint venture agreement with Willmott Dixon, who delivered the 181 new homes, including affordable and shared ownership apartments, as well as the health, retail and nursery facilities.McLaren delivered the student accommodation. The 104-bedroom business hotel on Greenwich High Road has been pre-let to Travelodge and is now open for business.
The on-site energy centre provides low-carbon energy and there more than 400 spaces available for bicycles. The scheme is expected to generate £275 million for the local economy during its first ten years.
- Date acquired: 2010
- Date completed: Oct 2015
- Value: £110m
- Architect: HLM Architects, Studio Egret West
- Development partners: Royal Borough of Greenwich
--U and I
 Find out more
- Algarve House, Southwark.
- Arches Boulogne, France.
- Articles by U and I.
- Blackhorse Road regeneration.
- Cathedral Group.
- Clapham One.
- Circus Street, Brighton.
- Development Securities.
- Mixed-use development.
- Peninsula Place.
- Preston Barracks, Brighton.
- Public private partnership.
- The Deptford Project.
- U and I.
- UandI Think event with John McDonnell MP.
- Westminster Industrial Estate, Charlton.
 External references
- U+I - The Movement, Greenwich
Featured articles and news
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.
What type of cool roof is most suitable?
Active Travel programme prioritises cyclists and pedestrians.
CIAT issues caution for use of new standard.
Industry leaders discuss climate change, the economy and other influences.
The building manager is key to operations.
The impact Scotland’s dynamic coast has on the historic environment.
IHBC announces role in new APPG.
How healthy pond ecosystems support biodiversity.
The architecture of the medieval anchorhold.