- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 27 Oct 2021
Sourcing in the construction industry
Sourcing is an activity that involves looking for suppliers of goods and services required to achieve a particular end. Taken literally, the term means finding the source of something. So, in construction, the source of the reinforced concrete floor planks that are required will be either the manufacturer or the supplier of those planks. When a party is awarded the contract, they then become a part of the overall supply chain for the project.
- An architect may wish to source suppliers of glazed bricks.
- An engineer may require to source manufacturers of steel angles.
- A contractor may want to source agencies that supply labourers.
- Action programme for responsible and ethical sourcing.
- Australian ethical labour sourcing standard.
- Code of conduct.
- Complex outsourcing.
- Consultancy playbook.
- Corporate social responsibility in construction.
- Critical service contracts.
- Critical suppliers.
- Ethical labour sourcing standard.
- Expected market cost.
- International Ethics Standards Coalition.
- Management Consultancy Framework MCF.
- Mixed economy.
- Model Services Contract MSC.
- Modern Slavery Act and sustainable supply chains.
- Modern slavery and the supply chain.
- Public sector dependent suppliers.
- Recyclable construction materials.
- Sourcing playbook.
- Spark framework RM6094.
Featured articles and news
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.