- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Sep 2021
Single Procurement Document (Scotland)
The Single Procurement Document (Scotland) - also referred to as SPD (Scotland) - is a document that contains questions used at the selection stage for procurement exercises published after 11 p.m. on 31 December 2020. It allows buyers to ask questions to identify suitably qualified and experienced bidders.
 SPD (Scotland) vs ESPD (Scotland)
Scotland stopped using the European Single Procurement Document (ESPD) as a result of the UK's exit from the EU. Information for contracts entered and saved on the ESPD (Scotland) prior to the changeover is still applicable to SPD (Scotland).
 The SPD (Scotland) process
- The procurement officer will determine which standard SPD (Scotland) questions are required for their procurement.
- The procurement officer will include any minimum requirements and additional information on the questions asked in either the SPD (Scotland) online PCS Module or in the Contract Notice.
- The Contract Notice is published via Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) by the procurement officer.
- The Contract Notice will contain links to all documents required, including the SPD (Scotland).
- The supplier decides whether to submit a bid.
- The supplier must complete the appropriate format of the SPD (as specified by the procurement officer and outlined above).
- The procurement officer will normally only request evidence/certification before Contract Award to the one supplier.
 Additional guidance
Under certain conditions, the SPD (Scotland) can be issued to bidders within a tender document or before the tender document is issued (if it is the first stage of a two stage procurement procedure). Publishing notices are still posted on Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) as required under the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Competitive procedure with negotiation.
- Cyber resilience.
- Dynamic purchasing system under the Single Procurement Document (Scotland).
- Electronic auctions under the Single Procurement Document (Scotland).
- ESPD and the decline of the PQQ.
- European Single Procurement Document ESPD.
- Exclusion grounds under the Single Procurement Document (Scotland).
- Find a Tender.
- Innovative partnership procedure.
- Negotiated Procedure without Prior Publication NPwPP.
- OJEU procurement procedures.
- Procurement route.
- Reserved contract.
- Restricted procedure under the Single Procurement Document (Scotland).
- Social Enterprise Network Scotland SENScot.
Featured articles and news
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.