- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 22 Sep 2021
Negotiated Procedure without Prior Publication NPwPP
The Single Procurement Document (Scotland) - also referred to as SPD (Scotland) - is a document that contains questions used at the selection stage for post-Brexit procurement exercises in Scotland. It is used to identify suitably qualified and experienced bidders for public sector procurement in Scotland.
The Supplier Journey portion of the Scottish Government’s procurement guidance website offers an overview of the different types of procurement procedures that are available under SPD (Scotland). One such type of procurement is referred to as Negotiated Procedure without Prior Publication or NPwPP.
According to the STAR Procurement Glossary of Terms, a Negotiated Procedure without Prior Publication is: “A procurement procedure which can be used by public sector buyers to procure goods or services.”
- Where no tenders, no suitable tenders or no suitable requests to participate were submitted in response to an open or restricted procedure.
- Where, for technical or artistic reasons, or the protection or exclusive rights, the contract can only be carried out by a particular supplier. These reasons must be defined and justified.
- Due to extreme urgency as a result of unforeseen events e.g. flooding.
NPwPP should be used under circumstances that have not been created by the organisation. Its use must be sufficiently justified, and examples as to why other options are not viable should be provided.
 Related articles
- Competitive dialogue procedure for construction contracts.
- Competitive procedure with negotiation.
- Contract conditions.
- Negotiated contract.
- OJEU procurement procedures.
- Procurement route.
- Single Procurement Document (Scotland).
Featured articles and news
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC
Designing Buildings is 10 years old.
From alteration to deconstruction on DB.
Understanding temperature in buildings on DB.
A call for home energy management to be modernised.
How many different types can you think of ?
Looking back and fourth to what still needs to be done.
Pioneering Indian environmental design Architect.
The greenest building is the one already built.
History of Temple Meads rewritten.
Currently standing at just 1%.
Find out more with BSRIA.
Changes come into force for F,L,O and S.