- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 12 Nov 2020
- RfB - Request for Bid. A Request for Bid (RfB) is where a vendor or service provider is asked to submit a proposal (a ‘tender’, 'quote' or ‘bid’) to secure work for its business.
- RfI - Request for Information. A Request for Information (RfI) is a formal question asked by one party on a project to the another party.
- RfP - Request for Proposal. A Request for Proposal (RfP) is a statement provided by the client that describes the nature of a project, the nature of an appointment and a description of the information required from the vendor or service provider.
- RfQ - Request for Quotation or Request for Quote. A Request for Quotation (RfQ) is a priced summary of the work to be undertaken, or the materials to be supplied, or the services to be provided.
- RfC - Request for Change. This is similar to a change order.
 RfX and e-procurement
In electronic procurement (or e-procurement) arrangements, RfX transactions can be managed through the use of RfX software. This technology can be used to automate different parts of the e-procurement process.
E-procurement refers to tendering processes carried out online and through information and networking systems. It can be a highly effective way of managing complex supply chains with multiple tiers of suppliers. E-procurement software automates procurement-related functions, procedures and processes, reducing the need for paper-based and human processes.
An e-procurement system can use RFx software to centralise information, so everything related to transactions can be accessed online from one place. One major benefit to this arrangement is the reduction of duplicate orders. It also supports tracking for each portion of the purchasing cycle.
- Construction service agreements.
- Equipment purchasing and maintenance agreements.
- Purchase order terms and agreements.
- Rental agreements.
- Software as a Service SaaS agreements.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Automated vendor selection.
- Bill of quantities software.
- Computers in construction tendering.
- Managing the procurement process.
- Procurement route.
- Request for information RFI.
- Request for proposals from consultants RFP.
- Request for quotation.
- Source to pay software S2P.
- The benefits of e-procurement in construction.
- Tender documentation.
Featured articles and news
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.