- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 27 Jul 2020
- RfB - Request for Bid. A Request for Bid (RfB) is where a vendor or service provider is asked to submit a proposal (a ‘tender’, 'quote' or ‘bid’) to secure work for its business.
- RfI - Request for Information. A Request for Information (RfI) is a formal question asked by one party on a project to the another party.
- RfP - Request for Proposal. A Request for Proposal (RfP) is a statement provided by the client that describes the nature of a project, the nature of an appointment and a description of the information required from the vendor or service provider.
- RfQ - Request for Quotation or Request for Quote. A Request for Quotation (RfQ) is a priced summary of the work to be undertaken, or the materials to be supplied, or the services to be provided.
- RfC - Request for Change. This is similar to a change order.
 RfX and e-procurement
In electronic procurement (or e-procurement) arrangements, RfX transactions can be managed through the use of RfX software. This technology can be used to automate different parts of the e-procurement process.
E-procurement refers to tendering processes carried out online and through information and networking systems. It can be a highly effective way of managing complex supply chains with multiple tiers of suppliers. E-procurement software automates procurement-related functions, procedures and processes, reducing the need for paper-based and human processes.
An e-procurement system can use RFx software to centralise information, so everything related to transactions can be accessed online from one place. One major benefit to this arrangement is the reduction of duplicate orders. It also supports tracking for each portion of the purchasing cycle.
- Construction service agreements.
- Equipment purchasing and maintenance agreements.
- Purchase order terms and agreements.
- Rental agreements.
- Software as a Service SaaS agreements.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Automated vendor selection.
- Bill of quantities software.
- Computers in construction tendering.
- Managing the procurement process.
- Procurement route.
- Request for information RFI.
- Request for proposals from consultants RFP.
- Request for quotation.
- Source to pay software S2P.
- The benefits of e-procurement in construction.
- Tender documentation.
Featured articles and news
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.
Organisation revises actions around dealing with COVID-19.
CIOB, NFCC, RIBA, RICS call for changes ahead of Building Safety Bill.
Developments in the Future Homes Standard.
An American chimney feature with a colourful past.